PDA

View Full Version : No deadlifts on HRT?

cstmgp
08-08-10, 8:54 am
Rage, do you ever incorporate deads into your sessions? I was thinking about adding them in every other week, only because I like to deadlift, but do you advise against this?

I can see Where the slow negative could be risky for someone using poor form on the dead, so maybe an early set or two of normal deads?

Shaun

Mr. Dead
08-09-10, 11:19 am
Actually he's very big on deadlifts... And, does use them, he just doesn't do them HRT-style...

cstmgp
08-09-10, 1:29 pm
That's good to hear, I think I'm going to use them at the begining of my workout and then follow with the HRT.

Shaun

Mr. Dead
08-09-10, 1:30 pm
That's good to hear, I think I'm going to use them at the begining of my workout and then follow with the HRT.

Shaun

Sounds perfect... Keep us posted as to how ya do...

Rage
08-10-10, 1:25 pm
Rage, do you ever incorporate deads into your sessions? I was thinking about adding them in every other week, only because I like to deadlift, but do you advise against this?

I can see Where the slow negative could be risky for someone using poor form on the dead, so maybe an early set or two of normal deads?

Shaun

Like Dead said..I definitely love dead lifts. I have done them HRT in the past having one partner on each side pushing down on the weight on the neg, but the shit will tear up your quads and shins, so I will sometimes do them first as normal straight sets followed by some HRT movements after.