PDA

View Full Version : Animal Nitro...Necessary to wait?

Zeus92
08-11-10, 12:03 pm
Hey guys, quick question.

I know that on the can it states that you should wait at least 30 minutes after taking a pack of nitro to drink your post-workout protein/carb drink. But i was just wondering what you guys think of it. I normally take a pack of nitro do 20 minutes of cardio and then down my shake (2 scoops Whey Iso, 1 scoop Glycomaize) but on leg days when i dont do cardio...for obvious reasons haha, would it be alright to take a pack of nitro as soon as im done and then wait to drink my shake 30 minutes later after i drive home from the gym? or should i just take them at the same time? Thanks for the input guys, im sure someone will be able to share some knowledge about this topic.

Mr. Dead
08-11-10, 12:31 pm
Nitro 1st, shake 30 minutes later... This will allow for better absorption of the Nitro...

Aggression
08-11-10, 12:33 pm
I take a pack of Nitro with my first sip of Torrent. I know Evan does this as well.

G Diesel
08-11-10, 12:43 pm
I've often just washed my Nitro down with my postworkout shake.

That said, when I train at night, often I'll have my protein/carb shake right after I train, go home and eat my whole food meal and then take 2 packs of Nitro before bed. You have to employ a strategy that best suits your diet and schedule.

Peace, G

AntoineV
08-11-10, 12:49 pm
You're fine bro..

rev8ball
08-11-10, 12:55 pm
Hey guys, quick question.

I know that on the can it states that you should wait at least 30 minutes after taking a pack of nitro to drink your post-workout protein/carb drink. But i was just wondering what you guys think of it. I normally take a pack of nitro do 20 minutes of cardio and then down my shake (2 scoops Whey Iso, 1 scoop Glycomaize) but on leg days when i dont do cardio...for obvious reasons haha, would it be alright to take a pack of nitro as soon as im done and then wait to drink my shake 30 minutes later after i drive home from the gym? or should i just take them at the same time? Thanks for the input guys, im sure someone will be able to share some knowledge about this topic.

I like spreading things out a bit just so I can stretch out the nutrients, but there is no absorbtion issues; do what's easiest for you.

widdlewade44
08-11-10, 1:03 pm
I've done both, wait and wash it down with a pwo drink. Depends on what works for you. I have had success with both methods.

Kevin
widdlewade44

C.Coronato
08-11-10, 1:15 pm
I take a pack of Nitro with my first sip of Torrent. I know Evan does this as well.

Do this exactly as well. I never wait.

Fearless Rabbit
08-11-10, 1:24 pm
Nitro together with PWO shake, in my case. Shake is whey, dextrose and creatine. Dextrose speeds up EAA delivery, thats the main reason I take them together.

Mr. Dead
08-11-10, 1:29 pm
Nitro 1st, shake 30 minutes later... This will allow for better absorption of the Nitro...

Sorry, about that... I generally follow the directions on the labels, with good results... But, different things work for different people...

boyer77
08-11-10, 1:50 pm
I take mine with dextrose and creatine also, for the uptake... I never read labels, I am a guy lol

Zeus92
08-11-10, 4:10 pm
Thanks for all the input guys, ill just stick to the way im usin it since it seems to work for me, i was just curious to see how everybody else used this awesome supp. Good to see that you can have so variety in the way you take it. thanks again!