PDA

View Full Version : Christian Thibaudeau

greatkeen
08-12-10, 1:18 am
hi fellas,

i am sure you heard of Christian Thibaudeau (from Tnation). i was wondering what you guys think of his work? has any one tried any of his protocols, i am interested in his 02 books:

1) Get Jacked... FAST!
2) The Black Book of Training Secrets.

for more info: http://www.christianthibaudeau.com/products_en.html

i want to know which one you guys think is better in terms of time & money investment. also has any one tried it?

THanks

Sprint
08-12-10, 9:20 am
Interested to see some of the opinions that come up here.

IRN-NML
08-12-10, 11:29 am
Always thought he had an impressive physique; tho not a freak. Read up on his T-nation articles and decide if his philosophy/training ideas sound ok to you and then maybe plunk down for the books. Betting you won't get anything all that earthshaking or that hasn't been said before. It still comes down to the hard work and food and recuperation.

Legacy
08-12-10, 1:10 pm
Betting you won't get anything all that earthshaking or that hasn't been said before. It still comes down to the hard work and food and recuperation.

Interesting you make this point because I agree with it and it hasn't been said in a while except from Sprint who posted a good read about it. There is no secret, everything you need is right in front of your face. Especially in this day and age with the internet (sure there is a lot of bullshit), but you can pretty much find anything out there. Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great coaches out there that will teach you new things you have never used, but the bottom line is a muscle contraction is a muscle contraction. Kinda reminds me of what Bruce Lee said, (im not sure about the exact words but I remember the quote as) "When I first started in martial arts a kick was just a kick, after all the years I have trained and learned, I came to the conclusion that a kick was still just a kick". Basically what he meant was that a kick is a kick no matter how it hits, however being able to properly execute a kick is what makes you dangerous.

You can apply the same principles to weight training, a bench press is still a bench press, but in the end a guy who practices and executes proper form is probably a better lifter than the guy who just goes in a jerks the weight around. Everything you need to know is right in front of you, there are new techniques out there that can recruit more muscle fibers, but you gotta think to yourself how scientific do I want this to be? If your an athlete who competes at a high level then its probably smart to find every edge you can to be the best.

As far as the Christian Thibaudeau goes, I have not read any of his work or his philosophies therefore I cannot comment on him directly. I do recognize him though because he does train with Olympic style and it takes a lot of practice and patience to train and teach that method. I am just the type of person to read scientific research material instead of hysteria about something.

GJN5002
08-12-10, 2:13 pm
Ive read a bunch of his stuff, not the books though. All pretty basic stuff. Everyone at TNation is too wrappe dup inpimping the "anaconda protocol" and the super expensive supps that you "must" have to do it.

SpankyC
08-12-10, 3:56 pm
That dude loves saying the word "cluster". lol

Sprint
08-12-10, 6:40 pm
Ive read a bunch of his stuff, not the books though. All pretty basic stuff. Everyone at TNation is too wrappe dup inpimping the "anaconda protocol" and the super expensive supps that you "must" have to do it.

Yeah they are very much "you need this to get anywhere". It's good to compare t-nation with the Forvm, one goes "you need this supplement, which only we sell..."

The other goes "you need to work hard but smart, get ur rest, and CHEW the majority of what you use for nutrition"

That aside, some of the articles do make for some interesting reading. Im always up for new ideas and whatnot. The whole thing seems to be a bit too money-grabby for me to be able to leave my pinch of salt at home, if you get my drift.

Pizzalamp
08-12-10, 7:33 pm
he aint no GDiesel

Sprint
08-12-10, 7:54 pm
he aint no GDiesel

x2. 100%.

Maccabee
08-12-10, 8:06 pm
Save your money and spend it on food.

There are no secrets.

Every strength coach makes it seem that there is so that they can sell their products.

Lift, Eat, and Recover.

You want to know anything specific just ask the Animals in the Q and A section.

Spend the money on food bro!

Sprint
08-12-10, 8:19 pm
Another topic that is fairly relevent to this thread.

Charles Poliquin. Describes himself as a "Master Strength Coach", he's also the founder of "BioSig", and has a MASSIVE range of different products/supplements. I mean massive...discuss.

Redbeard
08-13-10, 12:09 pm
This is what I love about Animal. I mean, T-Nation has some good articles but in terms of what they're really doing over there... They built a community and then they turn around and try to sell a bunch of supplements to them. Exact opposite of Animal, who made supplements so good and so in support of a lifestyle that a community formed around it.

G Diesel
08-13-10, 12:31 pm
he aint no GDiesel

x2. 100%.

Nope. He's shredded. Has academic credentials regarding physiology and nutrition and is hustling online to sling his wares.

Though I'm not a big T-Nation guy, some of those cats obviously know their shit. If people can improve their physiques, health, performance and consequently their lives through what they can learn from Christian and his ilk, I'm all for it.

Peace, G

Sprint
08-13-10, 3:56 pm
Nope. He's shredded. Has academic credentials regarding physiology and nutrition and is hustling online to sling his wares.

Though I'm not a big T-Nation guy, some of those cats obviously know their shit. If people can improve their physiques, health, performance and consequently their lives through what they can learn from Christian and his ilk, I'm all for it.

Peace, G

Very modest of you Sir, but I see T-Nation as a lay-by in which to park my car & grab a few Z's if Im fallin asleep at the wheel. It's ok, but nothing beats your own bed, & the Forvm is my home.