PDA

View Full Version : Repetition range for compound movements

Jzepp
08-12-10, 3:18 am
I am currently working in a really low rep range at the end for my compound movements. I am using 4 sets with first set at 7-8 reps, second set 5-6 reps, third set 3-4 reps and last set at 1-2 reps. Is it ok to dip into singles or doubles for my last set? I then follow each compound with another exercise in the 6-8 rep range and then do the last exercise with a higher rep range for 8-12 reps. Will this work the size and strength range?

Big Wides
08-12-10, 7:03 am
yes that will work, but as a rule of thumb there are no set rep or set amounts that will trigger muscle growth. Muscle growth comes from constantly adding weight with each session and eating properly to add size. I have said that a person can grow from the 0 - 100 rep range, it all depends on what you are eating and how heavy you are training.

prowrestler
08-12-10, 1:58 pm
I am currently working in a really low rep range at the end for my compound movements. I am using 4 sets with first set at 7-8 reps, second set 5-6 reps, third set 3-4 reps and last set at 1-2 reps. Is it ok to dip into singles or doubles for my last set? I then follow each compound with another exercise in the 6-8 rep range and then do the last exercise with a higher rep range for 8-12 reps. Will this work the size and strength range?

if you have some form of plan vs just randomly placing something on the bar and praying it goes up.

there is a difference between a single and a max, just remember that. i also dont see a point taking 1 single or 1 double.

SpankyC
08-12-10, 3:53 pm
yes that will work, but as a rule of thumb there are no set rep or set amounts that will trigger muscle growth. Muscle growth comes from constantly adding weight with each session and eating properly to add size. I have said that a person can grow from the 0 - 100 rep range, it all depends on what you are eating and how heavy you are training.

Nailed IT!! Oh and dont forget about sleep! If your a natural athlete you need all natural growth hormone / test release you can get!!!