PDA

View Full Version : Tibia/Quadriceps Tendon

Irish_Basterd
08-12-10, 4:33 am
Tried to search for someone who had this problem ever, but couldn't find anything. Anyways whenever I do squats and/or deadlift (especially squats), I get a pain that is located near the top of my tibia. After doing some research I think it might be my quadriceps tendon. However, when I go to massage or press on this area the pain is a very sharp shooting pain that feels like it's coming from the bone itself.

Recently I have been working on my form for my squats and am really focusing on going all the way down (I mean hamstrings touching quads then back up). I do my best to be conscious and push with the heels of my feet. My routine today had me squatting and then later on deadlifting, and I felt the pain a little while squatting but it really flared up when doing the deadlifts.

Also a side note, I get this same pain sometimes when I'm playing basketball or running on a flat hard surface (like pavement). I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar problem like this or has any clue as to what it might be from the symptoms described. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

C.Coronato
08-12-10, 10:06 am
A tendon connects the bone to the muscle, so it is possible you hurt that, so thats why you feel like its coming from the bone. Have you gotten it checked out?

Irish_Basterd
08-12-10, 2:00 pm
No, I haven't gotten it checked out yet. I know...stupid, but I don't get the pain all the time it seems to come and go depending. I know that I should go have it checked out, but I guess I just don't want to hear that it's messed up and I have to take time off.