PDA

View Full Version : experimenting certain lifts for a few months

Joseph V
08-13-10, 11:32 pm
im switching to pure strength training, and going basic with my exercises but going extremely heavy..havent done this in a while but this is what i did today

*warmedup with 2 sets of pushups for 20 reps*..and used a 5 ib plate to warm the shoulder up*

romanian deadlifts ( 4 sets, 8-10 reps )

clean and press ( 4 sets, 8-10 reps )

DB snatch ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps )

hack squats ( 3 sets, 8-10 reps )

mcbeast
08-14-10, 12:15 am
im switching to pure strength training, and going basic with my exercises but going extremely heavy..havent done this in a while but this is what i did today

*warmedup with 2 sets of pushups for 20 reps*..and used a 5 ib plate to warm the shoulder up*

romanian deadlifts ( 4 sets, 8-10 reps )

clean and press ( 4 sets, 8-10 reps )

DB snatch ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps )

hack squats ( 3 sets, 8-10 reps )

Good exercises. The only things I would say are A) Do more like 6-8 sets, of 2-4 reps for the main exercises. IE, the C&P and the Db Snatch and B) Change your order up. C&P, Snatch, Romanian Deadlifts, Then consider Front squats instead of hacks.

BryanSmash!
08-14-10, 3:44 am
If youre looking to do more pure strength, I'd do this instead:
Clean and Press 5x2
Deads 5x1
DB Snatch 5x1
Squats 1x20 with your 10 rep max

Every fourth week change your squats to 3x5.

Joseph V
08-14-10, 4:52 pm
ill take in those good advices guys thanks alot..

its what got me most of my size in the begining..i didnt play high school football although i did train with the team every so often if i wasnt in the gym..derek poundstone is one guy whos a real inspiration to me though

Joseph V
08-14-10, 4:59 pm
what if with a spotter i do pistol squats with a bar and a few weights to start off and do the front squats like that...just a thought??

mcbeast
08-15-10, 2:58 am
what if with a spotter i do pistol squats with a bar and a few weights to start off and do the front squats like that...just a thought??

Stick with regular front squats..

prowrestler
08-15-10, 3:57 pm

refer to your quote you have from me

Joseph V
08-15-10, 4:53 pm
refer to your quote you have from me

you got me there..good call..i was gettingin over my head

today this was my lift..it was back day so this is how played it out..ive incorporated alot more deadlifts for overall thickness, and improvement on my lower back

reverse grip barbell rows ( 4, 6-8)

romanian deadlifts ( 4, 6-8 )

behind neck pulldowns ( 4 , 8-10 )

weighted pullups ( 4, failure)

DB shrugs ( 3 sets, failure)

prowrestler
08-15-10, 6:31 pm
you got me there..good call..i was gettingin over my head

today this was my lift..it was back day so this is how played it out..ive incorporated alot more deadlifts for overall thickness, and improvement on my lower back

reverse grip barbell rows ( 4, 6-8)

romanian deadlifts ( 4, 6-8 )

behind neck pulldowns ( 4 , 8-10 )

weighted pullups ( 4, failure)

DB shrugs ( 3 sets, failure)

do ur deads 1st or after the lat work. when going heavy, in your case, make sure its heavy in good form still. especially at your level and with back. if your goal is muscle growth, train for it.

Joseph V
08-17-10, 4:34 am
do ur deads 1st or after the lat work. when going heavy, in your case, make sure its heavy in good form still. especially at your level and with back. if your goal is muscle growth, train for it.

my back has good width..nothing spectacular but i really want the muscularity and thickenss to catch up some bit before i start working out for the width again

Joseph V
08-17-10, 4:36 am
romanian deadlifts ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps )

military press ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps )

rear laterals ( 4 sets, 10-12 reps )

DB rows ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps )

front raises ( 4 sets, 8-10 reps )

upright rows ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps )

* pose for 15 minutes, holding each pose for 20 seconds *

Joseph V
08-17-10, 4:38 am
by the way PW..hows your journey going ..i read up a while back that you want to be a wwe wrestler i think..

prowrestler
08-17-10, 12:31 pm
by the way PW..hows your journey going ..i read up a while back that you want to be a wwe wrestler i think..

its in my signature, linked

ya my goal is to get the developmen contract from them, not 100% sure if i wanna go that route anymore. depends how good my life at home keeps goin

Joseph V
08-18-10, 11:48 pm
warmup: pushups ( 2 sets, 20 reps )
shoulder movements with 5ib plates

clean & press ( 6-8 sets, 2-4 reps )

romanian deadlifts ( 6-8 sets, 2-4 reps )

pullups ( 4 sets, 8 reps with 2 seconds up and 2 seconds down)

barbell rows ( 4 sets, 6-8 reps with 2 seconds up and 2 seconds)

bentover rear laterals ( 4 sets, 10-12 reps )