PDA

View Full Version : A bit nervous....

dannynb
08-16-10, 12:25 pm
Well I have worked since I was 9 years old. Started out shoveling snow in the winter and mowing grass in the warmer months. Eventually when I turned 16 I worked full time and went to school, played sports, did it all. Now it's been 16 years I have always worked full time to support myself and my family...the only constant...work. Well starting next week I am either going down to part time or quitting all together and going back to school. I will train a few clients on the side regardless, but not working full time. Michelle is going to take on the financial burden for me and my kids as well as her and her son. Now I will have extra money from my student loans and grants to help out just a bit. But this all scares the shit out of me. I have never since being a little kid depended on anyone to support me. I am excited to finally go back to school and get my degree. I know I need to pull the tampon out, shut the fuck up and just be grateful and do it...but still can't shake this nervous feeling.

Sorry just had to get it off my chest, been stressing me out for a bit now. Training clients, school (full time), my own training, and being there for my family...... I am going to be a busy man. LOL Oh well, at least I'll enjoy the shocked looks these college kids will give me trying to squeeze into those small desks.

rev8ball
08-16-10, 12:46 pm
Bro, I can sympathize. I went back to get start my Masters a dozen years after my Bachelors. Difference was back then, I was a kid with minimal resonsibilities. Now, there's a company to run, a ton more bills to pay, and whole lot more adult-ness in general. I was nervous as fuck to start something like this. But a very good friend told me something that I kicked me in the nuts and got me going:

"Two years for your Masters? Hell, it'll probably take you more since you're working full time. But so what? If you don't go back to school, are those years not going to pass?"

Danny: go get 'em. It's a ton of hard work, especially being older and with a family, but it is so worth it..... trust me on this one.

BamBam
08-16-10, 12:57 pm
God will provide for you bro... Put him first and his favor for you will grow. Push through until you finish strong and all will work out as it should in Gods master plan. Just live your life to the best of your abilities as you watch it all unfold. You are a good dude and I wish you the best of luck man. Any help I can be let me know.

AntoineV
08-16-10, 11:35 pm
Go for it bro!! Full throttle!!

Well I have worked since I was 9 years old. Started out shoveling snow in the winter and mowing grass in the warmer months. Eventually when I turned 16 I worked full time and went to school, played sports, did it all. Now it's been 16 years I have always worked full time to support myself and my family...the only constant...work. Well starting next week I am either going down to part time or quitting all together and going back to school. I will train a few clients on the side regardless, but not working full time. Michelle is going to take on the financial burden for me and my kids as well as her and her son. Now I will have extra money from my student loans and grants to help out just a bit. But this all scares the shit out of me. I have never since being a little kid depended on anyone to support me. I am excited to finally go back to school and get my degree. I know I need to pull the tampon out, shut the fuck up and just be grateful and do it...but still can't shake this nervous feeling.

Sorry just had to get it off my chest, been stressing me out for a bit now. Training clients, school (full time), my own training, and being there for my family...... I am going to be a busy man. LOL Oh well, at least I'll enjoy the shocked looks these college kids will give me trying to squeeze into those small desks.

Dingo
08-16-10, 11:56 pm
from my own experiences it starts off easy enough, almost feeling noble for going back to school and taking the financial back burner...... but its going to get rough, just because it sounds like you are alot like me in that you are used to holding your own and taking care of business. It eat at your pride at random times, for me for example i hate meeting my wifes friends, coworkers and family members...... but she helps me remember we are doing this now so that i can be "the man" in a couple years. There will also come the added stress on her part for feeling more responsible all the time. My biggest suggestion right now, dnt even consider another kid, thats been the biggest problem for us. Not our son, but the reversal of roles, especially for my wife since she only spent 6 weeks with E-man when he was first born then went right back to work. Make sure you guys talk it out, dont let any resentment build and for Gods sakes... do the damn housework... lol

You'll be aight.

MonTanaMusCle
08-17-10, 4:19 am
It sounds like your in for quite the ride brother, You got this. . . Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize . . . It will all be worth the struggle in the end. . .

Sprint
08-17-10, 8:40 am
she helps me remember we are doing this now so that i can be "the man" in a couple years.

You'll be aight.

Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize . . . It will all be worth the struggle in the end. . .

This is a rung on the ladder to success. Get climbing bro.

Legacy
08-17-10, 9:44 am
If you get nervous and think to yourself "holy shit I can't fuckin do this" you won't do it. Grab it by the horns and take it for a fuckin ride bro. Think positive all the way through and tell yourself you will accomplish it. That will also take a lot of your stress away.

Don't let your mind beat you to your goals.

Sprint
08-17-10, 9:48 am
[QUOTE=Legacy;996851]Grab it by the horns and take it for a fuckin ride
QUOTE]

Love it.

mritter3
08-17-10, 10:00 am
hey danny going back to school is tough for sure man....and it may not be a smooth ride along the way, but you got the love and support of your family and friends....best of luck to ya bud....it may seem like its going to be a long ride...but it goes fast.

IronWilson
08-17-10, 11:02 am
This is a common thing to do nowadays. You don't have to worry about catching the stigma of being a deadbeat because you are an unconventional college student.

dannynb
08-17-10, 2:07 pm
Oh trust me guys, I'm doing this....like I said just nervous. LOL Been looking forward to it for a month now. Gonna be a busy SOB with no life other than work and study....gotta remember to give my kids a pic of me so they don't forget what I look like. LMAO.

Thanks for the support guys.

Firedrake
08-18-10, 4:01 pm
Danny, this is a big decision - - and the right one. With the degree under your belt there will be more opportunities for advancement and growth. Let's face it -- the time will pass and you'll get older even if you DON'T do this. Wouldn't you rather look back on their period and say "I accomplished something"?

I know you'll do it; there will be difficult times, to be sure, but you and Michi are a team, and it will all workout if you remember where to take your troubles -- not to each other, so much, but Upstairs. Obviously communicate and discuss issues and developing problems, but take the pain elsewhere.

You can do this; just like you've done everything else, by putting your head down, ignoring the distractions, and pushing through.

You'll be in my prayers.

squattingtillipuke
08-18-10, 4:16 pm
Bro, been there.

Finished my MBA a while back...during that two years I worked for a company that owned minor league baseball franchises. So needless to say, my spring/summer/fall was basically wake - eat breakfast with family, work till 6ish (gym during lunch) leave for school and then head back to the ball park until midnight or so for home games.

My 2 cents - if your wife is a strong lady, you'll be just fine. The marriage will be strained from a time standpoint, but the time you get together will galvanize your relationship even more when it is all done. You guys will be able to look at what you BOTH accomplished and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Just remember that it will be as hard on her as it is on you, so small things like doing a load of laundry or the dishes, etc...will mean a lot to her.

Best of luck

Mick

JUGGERNAUT
08-18-10, 4:52 pm
Props Danny Boy! Gitter dun!

dannynb
08-18-10, 5:23 pm
You can do this; just like you've done everything else, by putting your head down, ignoring the distractions, and pushing through.

You'll be in my prayers.
That my friend is the game plan. Thanks for the encouragement.

Bro, been there.

Finished my MBA a while back...during that two years I worked for a company that owned minor league baseball franchises. So needless to say, my spring/summer/fall was basically wake - eat breakfast with family, work till 6ish (gym during lunch) leave for school and then head back to the ball park until midnight or so for home games.

My 2 cents - if your wife is a strong lady, you'll be just fine. The marriage will be strained from a time standpoint, but the time you get together will galvanize your relationship even more when it is all done. You guys will be able to look at what you BOTH accomplished and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Just remember that it will be as hard on her as it is on you, so small things like doing a load of laundry or the dishes, etc...will mean a lot to her.

Best of luck

Mick

She's a strong alright....we both are going in knowing the strain it's going to be, but in the end, it's all worth it.

Props Danny Boy! Gitter dun!

Juggs!! Gotter did!!! You know it.

Mr. Dead
08-18-10, 5:25 pm
You have a hell of a support system, both here, and at home... You got this, easy...

dannynb
08-18-10, 5:28 pm
You have a hell of a support system, both here, and at home... You got this, easy...

That's what family is all about, brother.

BamBam
08-19-10, 2:05 pm
That's what family is all about, brother.

I'll come to Texas and whoop that ass if you don't get this... lol... just kdding man... I got your back man! If you need anything, again hit me up

J-Dawg
08-19-10, 3:42 pm
Way to get this done Danny. You'll be just fine brother.

dannynb
08-19-10, 11:36 pm
I'll come to Texas and whoop that ass if you don't get this... lol... just kdding man... I got your back man! If you need anything, again hit me up

Careful now, I just may take you up on that offer sometime. Really appreciate it though.

Way to get this done Danny. You'll be just fine brother.

Thanks J....I believe it will all go well. Thanks fro the support. You are proof that brawn can go hand in hand with brain.

BamBam
08-20-10, 11:15 am
Careful now, I just may take you up on that offer sometime. Really appreciate it though.

Thanks J....I believe it will all go well. Thanks fro the support. You are proof that brawn can go hand in hand with brain.

Shit, distance aint shit... You need a brother, or a reason to get away for a weekend or something man, you are always welcome here and we will sling iron and catch up. In your corner bro... let's finish the fight...

IN IRON,
BB-