PDA

View Full Version : setting records

Joseph V
08-19-10, 6:54 am
personally im a bodybuilder at heart as far as i see it. lifting really heavy is something i often do and not always.

as a bodybuilder theres no need going extremely heavy but i would like to set some personal records before i rack the heavy weights for good one day when i cant anymore...

some thing i wanna achieve...

romanian deadlift : 800 pounds, 6 times

bench press : 405 pounds, 6 reps unassisted

barbell rows: 500 pounds, 6 reps

squats: 600 pounds, 6 times

hammer curls : 120's, 6 times

BigChrisF
08-19-10, 7:19 am
Interesting goals. If you can RDL 800 for six and only squat 600 for six, ask someone to kick you in the dick.

Joseph V
08-19-10, 8:21 am
Interesting goals. If you can RDL 800 for six and only squat 600 for six, ask someone to kick you in the dick.

lmao, ill keep that in mind..idk but these are some of the bucket list wishes i have.

Joseph V
08-19-10, 8:29 am
i believe im able to db row 120 for 8 full reps..i dont know if thats impressive but it sure beats the shit outta me when its part of my workout

C.Coronato
08-19-10, 11:09 am
Keep poundin bro. Your young, you have many years to go. Train hard and eat big brother.

J Wong
08-19-10, 2:09 pm
If you ever hit 600x6 to proper depth, you better ditch bodybuilding for a year and do a powerlifting meet.

Joseph V
08-19-10, 6:34 pm
If you ever hit 600x6 to proper depth, you better ditch bodybuilding for a year and do a powerlifting meet.

its something ive taken into thought and maybe put back some spice into bodybuilding for a while lol, have some fun with it ...

SpankyC
08-19-10, 6:39 pm
personally im a bodybuilder at heart as far as i see it. lifting really heavy is something i often do and not always.

as a bodybuilder theres no need going extremely heavy but i would like to set some personal records before i rack the heavy weights for good one day when i cant anymore...

some thing i wanna achieve...

romanian deadlift : 800 pounds, 6 times

bench press : 405 pounds, 6 reps unassisted

barbell rows: 500 pounds, 6 reps

squats: 600 pounds, 6 times

hammer curls : 120's, 6 times

those are some nice goals, thats typically the exact numbers of what the pro's typically max out on, do you plan to stay natural for the rest of your life or will you step your game up?

mcbeast
08-19-10, 6:56 pm
those are some nice goals, thats typically the exact numbers of what the pro's typically max out on, do you plan to stay natural for the rest of your life or will you step your game up?
This isnt to be discussed here..

x2

Keep poundin bro. Your young, you have many years to go. Train hard and eat big brother.
x2

x2

Some good goals brotha. Just put in work. With goals like this, you might want to consider 5/3/1. Just do it the "bodybuilder" style.

Legacy
08-19-10, 7:28 pm

Agreed, your young bro, train hard and smart and eat big.

Some impressive goals, what are your maxes right now for those lifts?

Joseph V
08-19-10, 8:37 pm
Agreed, your young bro, train hard and smart and eat big.

Some impressive goals, what are your maxes right now for those lifts?

right now..im not a big bencher never was casue my chest grew pretty easy..in exaple erik fankhousers calves gre pretty easy on him

heres some of my lifts...ive never pushed the max cause i train alone,..i like it that way most of the time

bench press: 230

romanian/deadlifts: 360's

leg press: 640 for 10 reps

squats: 320's for 4 reps or so..i never put forth max effort in this since i work alone, but one of these days ill get myself a partner

hammer curls: 95 pounds each arm, 4 reps

pushups: in my high school senior year i did 73 in 1 minute 30 seconds

so yeah its not impressive but im just crawling in baby steps at the moment with ascending to the new levels of heavy lifting

Joseph V
08-19-10, 8:39 pm
also if i had to use gloves..i buy gardening gloves..there cheap but there durable..gloves wraps etcc..are only meant if the reps are 6 and under in my opinion

SpankyC
08-19-10, 10:27 pm
right now..im not a big bencher never was casue my chest grew pretty easy..in exaple erik fankhousers calves gre pretty easy on him

heres some of my lifts...ive never pushed the max cause i train alone,..i like it that way most of the time

bench press: 230

romanian/deadlifts: 360's

leg press: 640 for 10 reps

squats: 320's for 4 reps or so..i never put forth max effort in this since i work alone, but one of these days ill get myself a partner

hammer curls: 95 pounds each arm, 4 reps

pushups: in my high school senior year i did 73 in 1 minute 30 seconds

so yeah its not impressive but im just crawling in baby steps at the moment with ascending to the new levels of heavy lifting

you dont need a partner for going all out on squats?

all your lifts look solid bro! keep hammering at it!

SpankyC
08-19-10, 10:27 pm

x2

x2

x2

Some good goals brotha. Just put in work. With goals like this, you might want to consider 5/3/1. Just do it the "bodybuilder" style.

pancakes!

Joseph V
08-19-10, 11:08 pm
you dont need a partner for going all out on squats?

all your lifts look solid bro! keep hammering at it!

what i mean is..that i hate using gym partners etcc..anything that helps you..i like doing things myself..if i have a personal trainer i want him to write down the workout but ill do the workout..thats what i mean.

Joseph V
08-19-10, 11:14 pm
exactly what EXCESSIVE says..that isnt discussed here..

non the less..work ethic is something i believe you learn as a little kid..and it grows upon you . and takes over you as your older. and makes you who you are today.

im blessed to have what my genetics give me..all i need is solid food, and good supplementation..and a "will" to want to be the best i can be . period

bodybuilding for me..is something personal..if i ever step on stage, its because i wanna win..i dont wanna place any lower then 1st...

THanks guys..i know my numbers arent impressive but i honestly feel that in a month ive gotten unhumanly strong...

Joseph V
08-19-10, 11:18 pm
this is what i take pre-workout if any ones id curious..i dont know if im alous to write down a supplement from a company so ill just write down the ingredient of it

creatine mono/Creatine hydrochloride

animal cuts

2 caps of uni-liver

Joseph V
08-19-10, 11:18 pm

x2

x2

x2

EXCESSIVE ..may you explain more about this "5/3/1" training??

Sprint
08-20-10, 7:32 am
i believe im able to db row 120 for 8 full reps..i dont know if thats impressive but it sure beats the shit outta me when its part of my workout

THanks guys..i know my numbers arent impressive but i honestly feel that in a month ive gotten unhumanly strong...

I always say, heavy is relative. If it's heavy to you, it's heavy.

People's numbers in the gym don't impress me unless they're working their balls off. I'm more impressed by the guy breaking himself lifting 150pounds than I am by the guy putting up 350 & not working to his full capacity.

However, this works the other way around. Somebody lifting 150 & not working, compared to somebody giving it their all to hoist 600 off the ground. Full respect to the 600.

It's all about how hard you work, and the attitude you bring to that work.

Joseph V
08-20-10, 7:48 am

People's numbers in the gym don't impress me unless they're working their balls off. I'm more impressed by the guy breaking himself lifting 150pounds than I am by the guy putting up 350 & not working to his full capacity.

However, this works the other way around. Somebody lifting 150 & not working, compared to somebody giving it their all to hoist 600 off the ground. Full respect to the 600.

thanks man

Symbiote
08-20-10, 4:08 pm
Man those are some colossal numbers, good luck to you.

Topher
08-20-10, 7:26 pm

Damn, well spoken

Joseph V
08-20-10, 10:55 pm
Man those are some colossal numbers, good luck to you.

thanks alot man..i hope i can get to it . i know that if i cant ill atleast give it my all.

its really just something i can look back on with pictures so when im retired fromthe heavy lifting game and my kids (when i have kids) go "wow i wanna be better then you dad" ...thats like the best thing ill ever hear

and when im a old man i can look back and say "damn,..i really did something "

so im sure everybody has a similar way of thinking i guess even though this is primarily for ME.

Joseph V
08-21-10, 3:06 am
tdays one of my easy days as ill bring up more reps , but still using heavy weight ..heres my workout

arms:

rope pulldown ( 3 warmpup sets of 20 reps .....and 3 working sets of 10-12 reps )

barbell curls ( 3 sets, 6-12 reps )

skullcrushers ( 4 sets, 6-12 reps )

hammer side curls ( 3, 6-12 reps )

close grip pushups ( 4 sets, 15-20 reps )

barbell curls close grip ( 3 sets, 12 reps)

close grip skullcrushers ( 3 sets, 15 reps)

BryanSmash!
08-21-10, 4:22 am
Why RDLs and not regular deads?

Joseph V
08-22-10, 6:52 pm
Why RDLs and not regular deads?

i tried regular..but romanian feels more comfortable..idk i just like the form of it.

Joseph V
08-25-10, 10:26 pm
shoulders/back

shoulders: side laterals
military press
bent over rear laterals
machine side laterals

back: pulldowns
romanian deadlifts
cable rows
db rows

i pretty much had every exerices at 3-4 sets..with 6-12 reps. EVERYTHING was full contraction, squeezing the muscles..and i lifted a tad bit lighter but i felt a whole lot more today

msktyshha
08-25-10, 11:24 pm
I want to put up 225 on shoulder press for 8-12 reps within a year and I'll feel awesome

Joseph V
08-26-10, 12:42 am
I want to put up 225 on shoulder press for 8-12 reps within a year and I'll feel awesome

i did a plate and a 25 plate each side for 10-12..im getting there lol..almost

IRN-NML
08-26-10, 10:45 am
Without knowing your size etc, you might be able to meet a lot of those goals by the time you're 29. And the worst thing you can think is 'that will take too long'.

The tougher goal with the bigger reward is going to be hitting the gym rock hard and strong as hell at the ages of 29, 39, 49, 59......yeah, 69 or 'before you rack the weights for good'. Play your cards right, and while your numbers no doubt will go up and down, your physique will be impressive no matter the age.

Young guys in their teens, twenties are common in the gym. Fewer are the guys who have been balancing wife, kids, job, stuff, and not dropped the iron. Awesome payoff for them though.

Joseph V
08-26-10, 12:25 pm
absolutely..i tip my cap to any man who bust his ass in the gym while he has a wife a kid or two, and a demanding job and is still grinding it.

half my workout are purely to max out in stregnth..and the other half is blood volume training because i know im not a pure stregnth lifter..

a feat i havent done yet is to do a clean and press 2 times with 2 plates each side..but every time im near my max in weight and i keep pushing i still know that im doing my body good by just doing my best and getting stronger..not everyday is a good day in the gym..but i never give excuses

im 18 turning 19 in 33 days..

im 5'8, 180 pounds ( i maxed out 184 last summer)

bodytype: mostly mesomorph, but with a tad of endomorph aswell

i cant say my maxes andeverything becasue everyday if im not going up in wight then atleast i tryign to bangout one more rep then the otehr workout in which case i got stronger.

IRN-NML
08-26-10, 1:31 pm
absolutely i keep pushing i still know that im doing my body good by just doing my best and getting stronger..not everyday is a good day in the gym..but i never give excuses

im 18 turning 19 in 33 days..

im 5'8, 180 pounds ( i maxed out 184 last summer)

bodytype: mostly mesomorph, but with a tad of endomorph aswell

i cant say my maxes andeverything becasue everyday if im not going up in wight then atleast i tryign to bangout one more rep then the otehr workout in which case i got stronger.

Then the weightroom is your oyster; just don't say 'maxed out' with your bodyweight yet. More than ever, think "Iron Journey" and goals are just points along the way. You may get them, or not, but you push on. 500lbs or whatever will always be either too light or too heavy or the max at some point but the Animal in you will always be changing for the better on that journey.

PORTERHOUSE
08-28-10, 4:53 pm
bodybuilder or not, you will benefit from lifting heavy, even working on your 1 rep max for awhile, you'de be crazy not to.

KapDADDY
08-31-10, 8:35 pm

x2

x2

x2

quick question... what do you mean by 5/3/1?

Joseph V
11-01-10, 12:35 am
hey guys i had a theory and i wanted to know if it was true..

small joints= depending on your bodytype, able to gain muscle quickly especially on legs, only side effect is that there more prone to injury if they lift real heavy

medium size joints= depending on bodytype, able to pack on muscle fairly quicky, although slower compared to one with smaller joints, although medium size joints can use more weights on the bigger lifts

Sprint
11-01-10, 5:24 pm
hey guys i had a theory and i wanted to know if it was true..

small joints= depending on your bodytype, able to gain muscle quickly especially on legs, only side effect is that there more prone to injury if they lift real heavy

medium size joints= depending on bodytype, able to pack on muscle fairly quicky, although slower compared to one with smaller joints, although medium size joints can use more weights on the bigger lifts

Could be an illusion...small joints will make the muscles themselves appear bigger & more full by comparison.