PDA

View Full Version : Legiuncula's Journey - War on Size

Legiuncula
08-19-10, 3:45 pm
I'm not quite yet ready to start this Journey yet, but soon. I just recently moved to Mississippi and have been out of the game for a good 6 months, due to numerous reasons and bullshit excuses. I will be hitting the gym a week from now. I couldn't be more excited and I figured I would go ahead and get a Journey posted up here to keep me motivated.

Now don't get any images of me. I'm not a big guy. At all. I started off about 4 years ago, my freshman year of college, pushing 115 on a good day. I received numerous remarks from people about me being skinny any everything and I guess I just got sick of it. That summer I decided I was going to hit the gym hard. Also, I have been blessed and cursed with the ability to shovel in large amounts of food and put on minimal fat. So being the idiot I was I went on the McDonald's diet the whole summer as well. The following semester when I came back to school I was 145 lbs with close to the same single digit BF and I was ecstatic. I got comment after comment about how good I looked and how I had bulked up yada yada yada. Well after that you could say my head got pretty big, no need to deny it. But I still worked out regularly but with much less intensity. By the end of my school career I was pushing 160 or so and I felt comfortable with my "beach body" and that's where I screwed myself.

I kept that mentality for about a year or so after that, until now at least. I had always talked about bulking up and everything, but talk is cheap, and I've come to realize I'm really good at talking. No more bullshit though. I'm calling myself out on everything. I have moved to Mississippi to start fresh. And this is just another tool to help me make my much needed change. I don't doubt that my motivation will drop off at some point, and it won't always be flowers and rainbows. But who gives a fuck, that's when you just gotta push through it and keep moving. My big change is that I'm doing this for me. Not to impress others. It's all for me, and it's a very nice change. Alright, that's enough talk for now. Here's my routine I'll be starting with to get myself back into the groove and to get what muscle memory I have back before I jump into HRT.

MONDAY
-Flat Bench Press 5x8
-Incline Dumbell Press 4x8
-Incline Dumbell Flyes 3x8
-Close Grip Bench 4x8

-Straight Barbell Curls 4x8
-Close EZ Bar Curls 4x8

-Standing Calf Raises 4x12
-Seated Calf Raises 4x12

TUESDAY
-Squats 5x8
-Leg Press 4x8