PDA

View Full Version : Looking to gain lots of strength and weight

Scootz
08-22-10, 2:09 pm
Hey guys just finished my cut down about 10 lbs and i need to get up about 20 lbs, right now im low on money but im looking into buying animal m stak and animal pak as my first 2 animal supplements, as i am only 19 i cant really take any of the test boosters, would these be a good start towards my goal?

C.Coronato
08-23-10, 10:05 am
Pak and M-Stak would work very well. M-Stak works with your caloric intake, so make sure that is increased and you should be good to go.

SpankyC
08-23-10, 10:59 pm
well u can take a test booster but ur prolly full of test, unless you check up with your doc first

Dingo
08-23-10, 11:25 pm
just eat good and clean, if money is limited food is your best bet, especially if your looking to gain. IF youve got the extra scratch and it wont hurt your food money then sure buy some pak, I would infact double up on the pak and forget the mstak just for foundational sake should money in the future come up short. just my survival plan, food, food, and pak....

Besides theres no point tossin money at extra supps until you figure out more about eating.

SpankyC
08-23-10, 11:31 pm
just eat good and clean, if money is limited food is your best bet, especially if your looking to gain. IF youve got the extra scratch and it wont hurt your food money then sure buy some pak, I would infact double up on the pak and forget the mstak just for foundational sake should money in the future come up short. just my survival plan, food, food, and pak....

Besides theres no point tossin money at extra supps until you figure out more about eating.

yea so true, most supps dont even work unless you really got your diet,training,sleep in line

shizz702
08-23-10, 11:48 pm
Get your diet dialed in first.

Those supps are just icing on the cake and with the right diet and program you can make those gains without them. Sure they will help, but you need to prioritize here.

msktyshha
08-25-10, 9:58 am

great advice and if you want a bang for your buck then buy sportspharmas multiv along with animal flex and lift heavy and eat right and you'll be bigger and stronger.

at bodybuilding.com sportspharma multiv----8.99
animalflex--------------25.79

The Misfit
08-25-10, 10:40 am
$0.02

Rather than post advice I'll give you a brief run through my experience. Give you an idea rather than a solution.

Food. Beginning of last year I weighed in 95kg. Currently I weigh 112kg. While I'm not the leanest, I have added mass to my frame and have moved from XL to XXL shirts. I contribute this entirely to food.

Strength. I took the typical volume approach to training, wasn't suited to me and didn't allow for much weight progression. From there I moved to SL 5x5, reached a level of satisfaction and am now on Wendlers' 5/3/1. For myself, programs with reduced volume and aimed at progression (strength programs) are better suited to myself.

Rest. I slept a lot. I didn't bother with TV and refrained in partaking in the many "social graces". This way I was in bed early enough to get so many hours of sleep.

While I agree whole foods are best, I found that they can get quite costly. To save on the funds I invested in a protein powder. Per serve, protein was and still is way cheaper than whole food.

T o m m Y
08-25-10, 4:41 pm
This is all you need bro..

Lots of clean food + Milk + Heavy lifting..

LegendKillerJosh
08-25-10, 4:46 pm
This is all you need bro..

Lots of clean food + Milk + Heavy lifting..

I agree...
you said you want to gain lots of strength - lift really heavy
you said you want to gain weight - eat really heavy

Supplements and secret routines don't get you big, deadlifts and steaks do.

Dingo
08-26-10, 10:39 am
$0.02

Rather than post advice I'll give you a brief run through my experience. Give you an idea rather than a solution.

Food. Beginning of last year I weighed in 95kg. Currently I weigh 112kg. While I'm not the leanest, I have added mass to my frame and have moved from XL to XXL shirts. I contribute this entirely to food.

Strength. I took the typical volume approach to training, wasn't suited to me and didn't allow for much weight progression. From there I moved to SL 5x5, reached a level of satisfaction and am now on Wendlers' 5/3/1. For myself, programs with reduced volume and aimed at progression (strength programs) are better suited to myself.

Rest. I slept a lot. I didn't bother with TV and refrained in partaking in the many "social graces". This way I was in bed early enough to get so many hours of sleep.

While I agree whole foods are best, I found that they can get quite costly. To save on the funds I invested in a protein powder. Per serve, protein was and still is way cheaper than whole food.

Congrats on your progression, and I agree on the cost of whey protein vs whole foods. The issue comes in when you look at eating just a protein shake that leaves you hungry in an hour or so vs a hole food meal that sustains you plus has carbs and fats as well as other nutrients based on whats on your plate.

Eggs - 15 dozen for 13$ = 7 cents an egg, given most eggs = 6g of protein thats a little over 1c per gram of the best protein on earth that includes all the other benefits of eggs.

1 gallon of milk - 3$ = 1.8cents per ounce, which 1 ounce of milk = 1 gram of protein, its just as cheap as eggs and contains more nutrients than whey protein alone.

There are ways to eat cheap and in bulk and not rely on supps. These are just a couple of examples. If anything, after whole foods and pak, BCAA's should be next on the list. just my .02

LegendKillerJosh
08-30-10, 11:50 am
There are ways to eat cheap and in bulk and not rely on supps. These are just a couple of examples. If anything, after whole foods and pak, BCAA's should be next on the list. just my .02

basically any kind of meat - chicken breast, boneless pork loin, cheap steaks like chuckeyes, are under $3 per pound and a pound would contain roughly 112g pro.

The Misfit
08-30-10, 8:32 pm
The issue comes in when you look at eating just a protein shake that leaves you hungry in an hour or so vs a hole food meal that sustains you plus has carbs and fats as well as other nutrients based on whats on your plate.

Yes. Hunger following the shake, I found this out later.

In doing so I then proceeded to add oatmeal and olive oil to the shakes.

I also agree with you on the "missed nutrients", soI saved up a bit more and I invested in a can of Animal Pak.