PDA

View Full Version : New squat vid

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 7:18 am
This is from my training this weekend at Brute Strength Gym

Wraps and belt

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/th_brianweston.jpg (http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/?action=view&current=brianweston.mp4)

Brian Weston

Thrawn
08-23-10, 7:33 am
Sorry, Brian, but you posted a link to a picture, not a movie.

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 7:41 am
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t29/bdweston/?action=view&current=brianweston.mp4

Thrawn
08-23-10, 8:25 am
That one works =)

Looking GOOOOOD, Brian!
The ascending speed on the 705lbs was insane =)
You made the 755 look easy, big man!

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 9:12 am
That one works =)

Looking GOOOOOD, Brian!
The ascending speed on the 705lbs was insane =)
You made the 755 look easy, big man!

Thanks Brother.
The heavier it got the easier it got.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
08-23-10, 9:39 am
Thanks Brother.
The heavier it got the easier it got.

Brian Weston

I am no expert, by far, but looking at your 755.... 800 should be well within your reach already.

G Diesel
08-23-10, 9:44 am
That is some crazy shit bro. 705 and 755 raw like it was a walk in the park.

Inspiring my brother. Keep doing your thing and pushing forward.

You're on the right track and it is fucking frightening what you can do when your head is on straight.

Peace, G

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 10:17 am
That is some crazy shit bro. 705 and 755 raw like it was a walk in the park.

Inspiring my brother. Keep doing your thing and pushing forward.

You're on the right track and it is fucking frightening what you can do when your head is on straight.

Peace, G

Thank's Bro',

Things are moving along. Still looking for a much bigger squat. My bench is gonna suck,damn pec tear, but my pull might end up being pretty good too.

Brian Weston

C.Coronato
08-23-10, 10:20 am
Damn man, no problem at all. Keep pushin.

Thrawn
08-23-10, 10:20 am
Any chance of a vid of some of those pulls coming up too?

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 10:31 am
Any chance of a vid of some of those pulls coming up too?

Hmm, gotta e-mail the guy and see if he has them. Not too impressive though, only went to 585.

Brian Weston

Thrawn
08-23-10, 10:34 am
[QUOTE=Powerfreak;999574]Hmm, gotta e-mail the guy and see if he has them. Not too impressive though, only went to 585.

Brian Weston[/QUOTE

Always remember: what might be unimpressive to you, might exceed someone else's top day by far =)
I am ALWAYS watching vids, trying to learn and get inspired.
I would love to see that pull. And yes, it is by far exceeding my deadlift capabilities.

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 10:38 am
[QUOTE=Powerfreak;999574]Hmm, gotta e-mail the guy and see if he has them. Not too impressive though, only went to 585.

Brian Weston[/QUOTE

Always remember: what might be unimpressive to you, might exceed someone else's top day by far =)
I am ALWAYS watching vids, trying to learn and get inspired.
I would love to see that pull. And yes, it is by far exceeding my deadlift capabilities.

I just sent the guy an e-mail, I know I saw his girlfriend taking vids, Hopefully she got some of mine.
I gotta tell ya, I watch alot of vids too, always a chance to learn something new.
You can teach an old dog new tricks.LOL

Brian Weston

StayGold
08-23-10, 10:42 am
What an inspiration man! Like it was nothing. That hard work inspires the hell out of me.

Thrawn
08-23-10, 10:43 am
[QUOTE=Thrawn;999576]

I just sent the guy an e-mail, I know I saw his girlfriend taking vids, Hopefully she got some of mine.
I gotta tell ya, I watch alot of vids too, always a chance to learn something new.
You can teach an old dog new tricks.LOL

Brian Weston

Exactly =) Vids can be great in finding out those small things you still need to adress or tweak.

Once again, congrats on your big squats and your confidence while doing them. MOST impressive and inspiring, Brian.

Hercules
08-23-10, 12:09 pm
Exactly =) Vids can be great in finding out those small things you still need to address or tweak.

I agree 100%. I had vids of my last meet a week and a half ago and I saw some things that needed to change with my deadlift. A couple guys in our ABC Chapter (boom and Cstlfx) watched the videos, critiqued my form, and offered suggestions. If you can handle feedback about your lifts, whether it's good or bad, then definitely take videos and show 'em off.

Brian, your lifts are insane. You made that weight look easy.

Powerfreak
08-23-10, 1:29 pm
I agree 100%. I had vids of my last meet a week and a half ago and I saw some things that needed to change with my deadlift. A couple guys in our ABC Chapter (boom and Cstlfx) watched the videos, critiqued my form, and offered suggestions. If you can handle feedback about your lifts, whether it's good or bad, then definitely take videos and show 'em off.

Brian, your lifts are insane. You made that weight look easy.

Thanks.
I also believe that training vids, if you can get them are worth their weight in gold.
if you can post them on a "noteworthy" site (like this one) and not one with a ton of trolls just looking to bash and trash, you can get very valuable feedback from your peers.
as well as being able to watch for yourself and see your mistakes.
it is a much better tool to be able to actually "see" rather than just having someone standing there and trying to explain what they saw.
It is especially nice on judging squat depth, lots of times people in the gym don't feel comfortable telling you that the lift was high and will instead tell you it was "right there man".
Hopefully I will be able to keep the vids coming to show my progerss up to the meet.
the meet is actually supposed to have a live feed. That should be pretty cool.

Brian Weston

Big Wides
08-23-10, 10:01 pm
as always impressive lifting

Powerfreak
08-26-10, 5:53 am
My training vid made it on to powerlifting watch. Pretty cool.

Brian Weston

T. Kemble
08-26-10, 11:24 am
can't wait to see you back on the platform bro. much respect.