PDA

View Full Version : Lean Mass

nevergiveup92
08-24-10, 10:26 pm
I officially reached my weight goal of 230lbs. I am pretty lean but want to cut about 5 lbs steadily but just completely be a shredded 225lbs. Should I be taking creatine if I want to be shredded around the stomach? The only supplements I am on are the animal stak, vitamins and protein shakes.

twoheadedboy
08-24-10, 11:25 pm
First off, is your diet in check?

Second, the lean mass Animal supps are going to be Cuts and/or Test. Cuts I feel has more emphasis on the "lean", whereas Test has more emphasis on the "mass", but I personally have been leaner on both than without them.

Creatine is very much a personal choice...it is a water retaining supplement, but if you're not getting ready for a show, this is not a big deal. I would avoid it (other than Pump or Shock Therapy) if you're taking Cuts. But unless you're at 10% bf trying to get to 5% I don't think this is an issue...too many other benefits to worry about the body comp side effects.

Finally, start popping Uni-Liver or Beef Aminos with all your meals. It's a cheap way to get your protein macros up, and keep aminos in your system.

PORTERHOUSE
08-24-10, 11:50 pm
If you are only looking to shed 5 lbs and are already pretty lean, all you should need to do is adjust your diet a little and keep on doing what your doing. Maybe add a little more cardio in... but really nothing drastic.

As far as creatine, you will definitely drop some water weight when you stop taking it, but I would see what kind of progress you can make first. I don't see a real need in this situation to change anything except your diet.

It doesn't sound like anything here is broken, so don't try too hard to fix it.

Aggression
08-25-10, 8:31 am
You can definitely stay on creatine while cutting down. The whole foods you eat will have the biggest impact.