PDA

View Full Version : I Turned 36 - Thank you FORVM

Redbeard
08-25-10, 10:50 am
Thanks to the Animal Forum for not having a "35 and older" forum. I see this bullshit on other sites and it makes me sick. I'm smart enough to know that I'm not going to grow like I would if I were 20, but I'm also determined enough to appreciate that it's alright to actually earn what gains I do make. I'm not huge by any stretch but I'm working on it and I'm at the top of my game so far. As it stands today my total of 1RMs for dead, squat, and bench is 998 pounds. My working sets are bigger than they've ever been. I don't see my age as a disadvantage in the least.

The best thing about living in the 21st century is that things like genetics, age, even injury are more and more becoming challenges and less and less remaining limitations. A fitness-based lifestyle is the key to overcoming these limitations. The bodybuilding lifestyle is a way to achieve mastery of your own body and mind and not only overcome "limitations," but dominate them.

There are many companies that build products to assist that quest, Animal seems among the most sincere and the community around it is full of the no-bullshit dedicated faithful and I appreciate that.

Thanks FORVM

Sprint
08-25-10, 10:53 am
Good numbers bro. And that's all age is, a number.

The Misfit
08-25-10, 11:06 am
And that's all age is, a number.

x2

U Mad Brah?
08-25-10, 12:40 pm
gettin old brah... jay kay brah... 36 is still young redbeardbrahonie

Bootleg
08-25-10, 1:11 pm
keep liifting op! motivation for us youngin's.

Cellardweller
08-25-10, 3:26 pm
I'll be 38 in December. Us old bulls are hitting it in the same gym with the young bulls so I don't see the need for a seperate forum. Keep it up bro.

naturalguy
08-25-10, 3:42 pm
I see more guys in their 40's nowadays looking better than guys in their 20's, you are just hitting your stride bro

Mr. Dead
08-25-10, 3:48 pm
I see more guys in their 40's nowadays looking better than guys in their 20's, you are just hitting your stride bro

x2... And, I'm in my 40's...