PDA

View Full Version : Bumps in the Road (Anyone care to help)

Energy
08-27-10, 4:05 pm
Extra time, such a novelty. I usually never have extra time, but for the next three weeks i do. In fact i dont just have a little extra time, i have all day everyday. My old job ended and my new one doesnt start for three weeks. I dont start my next quarter of college classes for another month. Awesome right? i can now focus on what i need to for my Journey to becoming an animal. Here is where i need help... desperately. So far i have used the first few days of this break to completely reform my diet. Now i have that down even better than ever. I am able to train for a solid 2 hours a day. I am doing two 30 min cardio sessions a day. One in the morning, and one in the evening. I am getting about 10 hours of sleep a night. After all this, i am still fucking bored. I have no social life right now, and there is no way to improve that. I live in a small town and everyone else is in school or work. Unfortunately right now i dont get either. All i have to do is train and that is all i have been doing. All i think about is training. But I know i am supposed to let my body rest, so anyone have any ideas on anything i can do to increase my gains anymore?

Necromatrix
08-27-10, 4:34 pm
Video games! :)

But seriously... You certinaly do not want to over-train. Still, there are other things one can do. Even if wieght training is your only interest. Perhaps use your spare time to study anatomy, watch videos of other lifters for pointers on form and technique... Several other possibilities, really. I would also suggest simply enjoying the three weeks you have. As you said, spare time is hard to come by, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Shukin
08-27-10, 8:30 pm
Video games! :)

But seriously... You certinaly do not want to over-train. Still, there are other things one can do. Even if wieght training is your only interest. Perhaps use your spare time to study anatomy, watch videos of other lifters for pointers on form and technique... Several other possibilities, really. I would also suggest simply enjoying the three weeks you have. As you said, spare time is hard to come by, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Good advices.... If you have a good book store or library near you I would spend some time there studying.. If you haven't read "think and grow rich", "The Alchemist", "The Anatomy of self deception", I would consider them or any other self development book. I wish I had read them at your age. The more you get into this game you will see the importance of self will, determination and motivation.
Great that you are asking this question here...

May the force be with you,
Shukin

Energy
08-27-10, 9:12 pm
Good advices.... If you have a good book store or library near you I would spend some time there studying.. If you haven't read "think and grow rich", "The Alchemist", "The Anatomy of self deception", I would consider them or any other self development book. I wish I had read them at your age. The more you get into this game you will see the importance of self will, determination and motivation.
Great that you are asking this question here...

May the force be with you,
Shukin

thanks man! good idea. ill do that. the book store around the corner has all three. do you have one in particular that you recommend i read first?

Shukin
08-27-10, 10:20 pm
Which ever jumps out to you.
I have a ton of audio books as well on motivation, meditation, self help.... All great stuff.
I am so glad that you are willing to improve your self in every way, mind, body, spirit!
Much respect to you, most people are off track these days, you got what it takes my friend.

Peace,
Shukin
P.S. what is you major? play sports? Music?

Energy
08-27-10, 10:24 pm
Which ever jumps out to you.
I have a ton of audio books as well on motivation, meditation, self help.... All great stuff.
I am so glad that you are willing to improve your self in every way, mind, body, spirit!
Much respect to you, most people are off track these days, you got what it takes my friend.

Peace,
Shukin

thanks for the encouragement man! i appreciate it! this week has been rough. i broke my hand a few months ago so this is my first week lifting in about 3 months and i have only been able to train light weights. i just want to keep training so badly!

Shukin
08-27-10, 10:33 pm
thanks for the encouragement man! i appreciate it! this week has been rough. i broke my hand a few months ago so this is my first week lifting in about 3 months and i have only been able to train light weights. i just want to keep training so badly!
I know the feeling.
Don't push it too hard off the bat, listen to your body. You can work in a lot of core work if your hand is still week.

Off to work, I'll check in here.

Shukin

Energy
08-27-10, 11:48 pm
I know the feeling.
Don't push it too hard off the bat, listen to your body. You can work in a lot of core work if your hand is still week.

Off to work, I'll check in here.

Shukin

ok sweet! i am gonna record my progress on my journey everyday too!

Shukin
08-29-10, 8:12 am
Hey Bro,
let me know where your journey post is so I can follow your progress.

Keep it real,
Shukin

Energy
08-29-10, 12:37 pm
Hey Bro,
let me know where your journey post is so I can follow your progress.

Keep it real,
Shukin

its in the my journey section. its called "a jacked up hand and a new beginning".