PDA

View Full Version : Going out tonight - alcohol or carb beverages?

Spartiate
08-28-10, 6:15 am
Hello guys,

Alright, I'm cutting but I'm going out tonight.

It seems that you have to buy drinks when you go to bars otherwise they might kick you out, LOL. The problem is that most bars only have crappy drinks, those that you should avoid like the plague.

Among all the bad choices I guess a diet coke wouldn't be the worst one.

But what if they don't have anything diet? Between a sugary drink (orange juice, red bull and what not) and an alcoholic one (wine, rum, vodka, unmixed), which one would be preferable while cutting?

Thanks for your help.

Dingo
08-28-10, 6:51 am
Hello guys,

It seems that you have to buy drinks when you go to bars otherwise they might kick you out, LOL. The problem is that most bars only have crappy drinks, those that you should avoid like the plague.

But what if they don't have anything diet? Between a sugary drink (orange juice, red bull and what not) and an alcoholic one (wine, rum, vodka, unmixed), which one would be preferable while cutting?

Thanks for your help.

ever heard of being the DD and drinkin water?

mm_tris
08-28-10, 8:16 am
i have never been kicked out of a club for not buying drinks thats absurd. agree DD + water if your not gonna drink.

for me personally, i find it hard to get into clubbing without being fairly tanked. what i do is just go out less regularly and let my hair down. u have to live a bit i say, works for me plus u dont have to drink as much to get drunk haha

Spartiate
08-28-10, 8:16 am
ever heard of being the DD and drinkin water?

Drinkin' water in a club? I'll probably be the first guy doing this around here but hell yes, it's undoubted the best choice in regards of dieting.

Spartiate
08-28-10, 8:20 am
i have never been kicked out of a club for not buying drinks thats absurd. agree DD + water if your not gonna drink.

for me personally, i find it hard to get into clubbing without being fairly tanked. what i do is just go out less regularly and let my hair down. u have to live a bit i say, works for me plus u dont have to drink as much to get drunk haha

Yes, I agree with you, if you don't go out regularly I guess it's not that bad. And yes, even a few drinks can get you loaded.

Pizzalamp
08-28-10, 10:15 am
i think instead of asking a bunch of people on a message board-you need to ask yourself what to do-youll figure it out-its your body-do what you want with it

The Misfit
08-28-10, 11:16 am
i think instead of asking a bunch of people on a message board-you need to ask yourself what to do-youll figure it out-its your body-do what you want with it

Agreed.

B. Rowe
08-28-10, 12:16 pm
If you are going out and want to have a drink or two but are worried about effects on body my go to is vodka and water, or a glass of red wine. I do not go out at all anymore and I have seen such a change in my physique by not drinking 1-2 nights a week. Its tough to give up on going out and enjoying yourself but you have to think about what is more important to you.

machineman
08-28-10, 12:59 pm

If you are going out and want to have a drink or two but are worried about effects on body my go to is vodka and water, or a glass of red wine. I do not go out at all anymore and I have seen such a change in my physique by not drinking 1-2 nights a week. Its tough to give up on going out and enjoying yourself but you have to think about what is more important to you.

your answers are right here for ya....couldn't agree more with these guys.

Fearless Rabbit
08-28-10, 1:06 pm
Whats good about this sport? When you go out and have a drink after long time of being sober, you`re wasted after two drinks :-D Its cost-effective

Johnny Walker + Coca Cola Zero ftw

BamBam
08-28-10, 2:18 pm
I agree with rabbit...

My drink of choice if I need to relax is Maker's Mark and Diet Coke.

If you don't want to drink bro, and feel you have to because you are going out, dont' and have some water or a diet soda or something. Be the DD and make sure your buddies are safe. Now, if you are drinking BECAUSE of your buddies, then don't do the peer pressure thing and if they say shit, fuck em'. On the other hand, if it is a part or something or a special occasion, have a drink or two and celebrate. You only go through life once bro.. Just use your best judgement man and keep your head on straight and u will be fine.

Also, another thing to think about is this... Don't go through a whole week of hard training and then throw it away with a night of hard drinking.

A lot of different point of views and opinions, but at the end of the day, its your call, and no matter what you do man, just b safe..

IN IRON,
BB-

D-Kev
08-29-10, 5:02 am
I went out tonite and hit up some bars\clubs...Two different bars I asked for ice water.
I don't drink at all and I'm in a lean mass phase...I don't give a fuck if anyone says anything or gives me a look...The only people that don't understand why someone wouldn't drink, are the same out of shape, unhealthy mouth-breathers that shun exercise.

Don't get me wrong I see plenty of jacked dudes that drink, but alcohol hinders solid gains and health in my opinion...Like anything, you gotta do whats right for you and your goals.

Nothing wrong with chilling at home on the weekends and recovering from a hard weeks worth of lifting....Get your meals in and relax, Righteous.

•Hot bartender chicks always dig it when I get water...

mm_tris
08-29-10, 12:22 pm

this.

Nayanlion
08-29-10, 2:19 pm
I went out tonite and hit up some bars\clubs...Two different bars I asked for ice water.
I don't drink at all and I'm in a lean mass phase...I don't give a fuck if anyone says anything or gives me a look...The only people that don't understand why someone wouldn't drink, are the same out of shape, unhealthy mouth-breathers that shun exercise.

Don't get me wrong I see plenty of jacked dudes that drink, but alcohol hinders solid gains and health in my opinion...Like anything, you gotta do whats right for you and your goals.

Nothing wrong with chilling at home on the weekends and recovering from a hard weeks worth of lifting....Get your meals in and relax, Righteous.

right on bro I agree 100% well said all around. We all work so hard in gym and in the kitchen why ruin it with clubbing and drinking when you could Be at home sleeping after downing a pak of animal PM for some solid R & R I have never bothered of wha my friends say there not the one getting up at 5 am to train!!

Legacy
08-29-10, 10:36 pm
As Arnold always has said, "drink beer"

mm_tris
08-30-10, 1:58 am

really?

aussie bulk
08-30-10, 8:47 am
Mate I don't think a couple of beers or a glass of wine is going to wipe off any muscle. If it did, we should probably stop and ask ourselves what kind of 'house of cards' are you sitting on? It can be undone by a few pints with your mates?

Hardly.

Just enjoy a drink in moderation and be careful of others who may a little bit worse for wear!!!

Aggression
08-30-10, 9:02 am

"I don't drink milk. Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you drink beer''. niCe.

As for the OP, you will NOT get kicked out of a bar/club for drinking water or diet soda. When I'm dieting for a show, I still go out with my friends. I may not be getting banged up and crawling in at 4am, but I'm having fun with them and ordering a water or two. No big deal at all. Be the DD. That being said, if you're not dieting for a show, then a drink or two won't hurt. Something like vodka with club soda is what I would go with.

Big D
08-30-10, 9:27 am
"I don't drink milk. Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you drink beer''. niCe.

As for the OP, you will NOT get kicked out of a bar/club for drinking water or diet soda. When I'm dieting for a show, I still go out with my friends. I may not be getting banged up and crawling in at 4am, but I'm having fun with them and ordering a water or two. No big deal at all. Be the DD. That being said, if you're not dieting for a show, then a drink or two won't hurt. Something like vodka with club soda is what I would go with.

vodka/club..a typical Jersey Shore drink Aggression hahaha...

or my drink of choice since forever===vodka diet. haha my friends bust my balls whenever we go out and purposly ask every bartender if theyve ever heard of that and their answer.. "no, what the fuck is that" haha.. but it is what it is.. i drink vodka/diet and i lift big haha

BamBam
08-30-10, 12:08 pm
Anyone hear back from the guy who opened this thread? Maybe he drank too much lol..

And thank you Legacy for the Arnold line.. awesome

IN IRON,
BB-

LegendKillerJosh
08-30-10, 12:13 pm
Just get a beer and nurse it for as long as you can. maybe a 2nd one if you want, you can make them last long enough to say "alright lets get out of here."

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:27 am
Hello guys,

Thanks for your help.

Just buy sugar free redbulls or water bottles.... they don't kick you out if you don't drink... (except at most stripper's club)

if you drink alcohol, vodka soda is the less caloric. What I suggest is to get a low calorie alcoholic drink, and then go dance with the girls for 15 minutes on the dancefloor. 15 minutes of dance per drink. ;)

Legacy
08-31-10, 12:35 am
Just buy sugar free redbulls or water bottles

If you don't feel like drinking alcohol and feel "left out" or something like that, just drink some sugar free red bull with a splash of cranberry juice. Looks like a drink but no one but you knows whats inside, enjoy yourself how you want bro. Who gives a fuck what others think

AntoineV
08-31-10, 12:45 am
If you don't feel like drinking alcohol and feel "left out" or something like that, just drink some sugar free red bull with a splash of cranberry juice. Looks like a drink but no one but you knows whats inside, enjoy yourself how you want bro. Who gives a fuck what others think

Thats a good one too. Just ask the barmaid for a glass with ice and put your redbull in there and say it's a vokda redbull.

don't be scared to refuse shots and drinks... and enjoy getting up healthy and in shape the next morning.

Big D
08-31-10, 9:04 am
AV... 15 minutes dancing per drink... i LOVE It

Aggression
08-31-10, 9:23 am
enjoy yourself how you want bro. Who gives a fuck what others think

This should be the main takeaway here. Get a bottle of water. Who gives a shit what others think. If they ask why you're not drinking, tell them that you're trying to get shredded. If they have a problem with that, fuck 'em.

RENFRO
09-01-10, 7:01 am
Does kinda remind me of Jersey Shore...Gym, tan, laundry...check. Can I get a fist pump!?

But in all seriousness looks like you've got some great advice. I rarely ever drink, but have a vacation coming up for this extended weekend and plan to enjoy myself.

BamBam
09-01-10, 11:00 am
Does kinda remind me of Jersey Shore...Gym, tan, laundry...check. Can I get a fist pump!?

But in all seriousness looks like you've got some great advice. I rarely ever drink, but have a vacation coming up for this extended weekend and plan to enjoy myself.

I'll be in Cleveland this weekend and plan on using all the advice in here and put it to good use.