PDA

View Full Version : A New Beginning

FarBeyondDriven
08-30-10, 1:45 am
OK brothers, I've been messing round with this shit for too long. It's time to get real and and stick to a plan. No more changing the training to suit how i feel, or eating that extra handful of nuts cos I'm still fucking hungry.

Was in the shape of my life 6 months ago but really slacked off.

But now i got me a diet, a split and a goal. And a shit tonne of commitment and motivation

Let it begin!

FarBeyondDriven
08-30-10, 1:49 am
OK so after leaning right down to about 9% BF at 5 11 and 190 i was looking good.
But i felt like shit due to caloric restricion and i was no where near as strong as i wanted to be. So i spent some time eating shitloads and following Rips Starting Strength after some inspiration from the dudes at 70s big. I'm obviously not cut out for that though cos i quickly ballooned out to 210 @ about 20% BF and feeling shit, this time due to the excessive layer of fat covering up what was once my hard earned lean mass.

So now, following the Palumbo diet and a similar split to that which OX has used

FarBeyondDriven
08-30-10, 1:52 am
Meal 1 4 eggs and 4 whites
Meal 2 6oz chicken and 1oz almonds
Meal 3 2 scoops ultra whey pro and 1 Tblspn Mac Nut oil
Meal 4 6oz beef and a green salad w/1 Tblspn olive oil and vinegar
Meal 5 2 scoops ultra whey pro and 1 Tblspn Mac Nut oil
Meal 6 4 eggs and 4 whites

MONDAY Chest and Abs
TUESDAY Back and Calves
WEDNESDAY Off
THURSDAY Shoulders and Hamstrings
FRIDAY Arms and Abs
SATURDAY Quads and Calves
SUNDAY Off

Taking 10g creatine in one of the shakes, Pak in the morning, and Nitro immediately PWO
Cardio will be done 20-30 mins after the Nitro on training days and 30 minutes on wednesdays. Will alternate between SS cardio and HIIT
Any feedback guys let me know
Really wanna get down to 10% then have another go at bulking, but with more of a plan and less fat gain!

never_2_big
08-30-10, 1:59 am
diet looks good man... followed something similar to that last year year with great success... I'll be watching so get at it!

FarBeyondDriven
08-31-10, 2:53 am
Solid session, warmed up with some light rear delt machine and did 40 chins with as little rest as possible then followed it up
BB rows s/s lat pulldowns 5 sets
T Bar Rows SS Straight arm pulldowns 4 sets
Rack pulls from below knees 5 HEAVY sets
BB Shrugs 3 sets high reps
Then hit calves on the leg press. Got my estimated 20rep max weight, and did max reps (squeezed out 23) then rsted 10 seconds and did max reps, rest 10 secs max reps and continued on till i hit 75 reps total. It's a killer! By the end i was only grinding out sets of 4 and legs were very shaky making my way over to the cardio area
Dropped a pack of nitro then did 10 minutes on the step machine, 10 minutes on the bike. Was in a rush cos i worked a split shift today so thats all the cardio i could fit in.
Followed that up with one of the shakes.
Second day on no carbs and feeling a little weak. Was tough to get a decent pump, which is frustrating cos i usually get a sick pump easily. Not to worry, as i assume it's just my body getting used to using ketones for energy.

C.Coronato
08-31-10, 9:58 am
Looking good man, how long have you been following the KETO diet for? How do you feel on it?

FarBeyondDriven
08-31-10, 10:05 pm
Looking good man, how long have you been following the KETO diet for? How do you feel on it?

Today is my third day on it, still feeling a little sluggish but better than yesterday. I tried it once before but didn't fully commit.

I felt terrible and assumed KETO was not good for me but have since learnt that it would have been due to going LOW carb instead of NO carb

Gonna give it a proper go this time and have stuck to the meal plan i outlined without deviation.

Looking forward to Sunday night where i can sit down and have a BIG carb up meal. Bananas and oats sound great right now!

FarBeyondDriven
09-01-10, 2:35 am
A very well timed rest day today, calves are hurting big time from the 75 rep set! Went for a nice 30 minute jog after work and kicked the football round with some mates, now feeling good. And by the way that's an Aussie Rules Football I'm talking about for you guys foreign to our great game.
Gonna hit the foam roller tonight and get psyched for tomorrows workout

FarBeyondDriven
09-01-10, 11:22 pm
Had a good sesion today. Delts and hams followed up with 20 mins cardio
Energy levels up a bit on the previous couple of days but damn these calves are still sore!
I wonder if i was eating more would they still be this bad, feels like I'm gonna cramp with every step, love that feeling!

Question for anyone reading this...
I usually cook dinner for my girlfriend 2-3 times a week and she'll occasionally do the same for me, but with the way the diets going i doubt she's gonna want a PB and whey shake or a 4 egg 4 egg white dish. You get the picture...
Any ways around this or methods of spicing up some palumbo diet recipes to make them a bit more appealing to those close to us who aren't crazy enough to follow such a diet?

C.Coronato
09-02-10, 9:35 am
I hear yea, i ran KETO for about 8 weeks or so of my contest prep .. i got lean, and i wasnt that hungry, but my energy went way down. When i switched to a normal type diet with carbs, my energy came back, but i was hungry all the time.

FarBeyondDriven
09-05-10, 2:11 am
Dunno if it was my bodies response to the carbs or if i simply ate too much. But my best bet is that i reacted negatively to the large amount of dairy.
But one thing is for sure, fuck i enjoyed last nights cheat meal!

About 2 cups of Brown sugar and cinnamon oats with milk and i huge serving of natty PB stirred in
Half a pack of Oreos
1 Banana
A massive PB and J flavoured protein shake mixed with milk (Came out to about 32oz)

Already looking forward to next weeks, but i think some takeaway might be in order so i don’t make myself such a damn huge meal
Has anyone else had problems with this cheat meal? Or am i just feeling guilty cos i cheated properly? In the past I would have grazed on shitty foods all day or saved a cheat meal for dining out instead of loading up on 1 big designated meal so this is something new to me.
New but fun