PDA

View Full Version : Moose's Journey

Moose17
08-30-10, 5:21 pm
Got back into the game after a couple serious setbacks. Alive and kicking and glad to get back into the gym. From losing an inch in height from a back injury and losing 35lbs of muscle mass from a heat injury, the years I took off from lifting i regret every day.

As a test of strength the Army uses a test of pushups, situps and running. I do 75 pushups 75 situps and run the two mile in 15:45.

The long term goal I have is to get back to 220lbs while still maintaining the bodyfat standard for the Army throughout (even though I bust height/weight now).

My current goal is to lean up to 5pct bodyfat (about 190 lbs, currently about 196lbs) and drop my 2 mile run time to the 14 minute range.

Taking the measurements:

27in quads
16.5in calves
16in bis
13in forearms
44in chest
16in neck
34in waist

Ill take the measurements again in 3 months.

Switching from HRT to another workout this week, hoping to see big improvements.

Moose17
08-30-10, 9:59 pm
So my workout was off today, not my normal deal, but the low weights I was pushing proves that something wasn't right. Maybe my mind wasn't in the game, scratch that, definately. My legs are still sore from brutalizing them yesterday but cardio is a must do.

7:30 1 mile run then intervals between that pace and walking. 1/8 mile walk 1/4 mile run. Each time I do cardio I'll increase the initial run, so next time I'll do 1.25 miles at a 7:30 mile pace. That will get me to a 15 minute 2 mile, then I'll rinse repeat with higher speeds so by the 25th of September Ill be at a 14:00 two mile run. Cardio is a mind thing, just like weights... Your body can do it, you just have to convince your mind that it can.

Ran out of pump not too long ago, I tried switching to Hemo Rage, but that and Cuts is a bit much. When I get some more money I'll switch up and get back on pump, but I have to drive across country next month, and that requires money.

Diet is as good as it can be with nowhere to cook. Pre packaged tuna, salmon and chicken thats loaded with sodium is all I get. I treat myself to sushi whenever possible. But so far my calories are low, 1500 a day, protein is average, 200g a day, and carbs stay around 50.

Moose17
08-31-10, 11:05 am
Not one living entity on this earth is entitled to shit, work through the pain, because pain means improvement.

Mid September I have to start running 20-25 miles a week again. Looks like ill appear to be sitting on a chicken.

G Diesel
09-02-10, 10:54 am
Good to see you in the game and making the best of your current conditions, Moose.

Keep pushing hard and accept nothing but the best of yourself.

Peace, G

Moose17
09-02-10, 11:51 am
Thank you for your kind words G. The only thing that pisses me off is that as soon as i start getting mass back on my legs, all has to be for naught. My running will increase to 10 miles a week next week, gonna be at 15 miles the week after, and it is staying at that until Mid Sept when I don't have a choice but to run until the day is done.

Tuna and salmon remain my foods. BW 194, BF about 7%. My vascularity is improving every weeks it seems. I damn near smiled when i got new veins on my shoulders, but who am I kidding? I don't smile.

Moose17
09-05-10, 5:33 pm
Warmup has been increased to a 2 mile run at 7.5 mph (8 minute mile pace) on a treadmill. It isn't too difficult to do and I can still get a good lift in afterwards. Cardio after lifting is still intervals, but now at 3.5 and 9.0 mph for 1/8 mile 1/4 mile respectively for 20 minutes. Cardio is not done the day before, day of and day after leg day, but every day of the week other than those three.

Cardio is now a total of 36 minutes a day for 4 days a week totaling 144 minutes and around 600 calories each session including the warmups before working out. Caloric intake per day is still at around 1500, 7 days a week, protein 180-200, carbs 50/100, fat 15-30.

Taking the paks has changed a little, 0800 cuts, 1200 cuts, 1600 pump right before cardio, then lift, pak at 2200.

Moose17
10-21-10, 12:54 pm
Every time I try to get ahead, it seems that I trip and roll back down the mountain. I dont know what we are going to do as a workout in the morning, and because of that, I cant make a good schedule for a session at night. The schooling they have us going through doesnt let me eat as often as I need, and this cardio is kicking my ass every day. How am I going to gain weight like this? Maybe I can get an exception and do what I need to do in the mornings and actually get some gains back. Who's throat needs choking to get a decent schedule in?

Moose17
11-30-10, 8:09 am
Deadlifts. Picking up 365 lbs... The burn in the gut... The anger... Reset... The blood on the shins... The lightheadedness... Lift again... The agony... Not good enough... Reset... The deafening music... The allure of the weights... Lift again... Rage... Reset, lift, reset, lift, reset, lift, reset...

The death of weakness only from the birth of destruction.

I paid my dues...

Moose17
12-28-10, 6:22 pm
Dear Moron doing curls in the squat rack,

GTFO.

Sincerely,
Moose

Moose17
02-20-11, 7:23 pm
Had to get a membership at "The Rush" for a month. I have concluded.... They have never seen the likes of me...

Moose17
03-19-11, 3:28 am
Being deployed makes bodybuilding tough, moreso than it already is. First week lost 5lbs. Mostly fat and water thank God. Leg day has taken a hit, It seems that running every other day for countless miles not only hurts lifting, but makes leg day seem rediculous, never time to heal before my legs are fucking destroyed again. 8 eggs for breakfast, cant find oats. 4 chicken breasts for lunch, potatoes are pissin me off. Dinner is whatever I can find that isn't absolute garbage. No time to find in-between meals, if they can even provide them.

A 16 minute 2 mile run time isnt good enough for my unit, so I have to improve. All these skinny fuckers that run 13s dont understand. If they took all their bulletproof gear and put it on them, then ran the fucking 2 miles, they would feel what my world is like. Looks like my weight gaining is coming to a standstill.

To all the bastards that riducule me because I am a "Slow runner" and those who take cheap shots at what I build, at what I make. And to all those bastards who think that talking behind my back doesn't reach my ever listening ears, hear me now. Thank you for the rage I feel when I reach the weight room. Step into the weight room with me, and enter Hell. One tried, and failed miserably. Said he wanted to get big, and only survived one workout. He is a fucking ghost now, can't find the bastard anywhere.

There is an person here that has taken to calling me, "Animal." I dont know if I can live up to that, and he might be mocking me. More fuel for the fire. He wants to do the competition in September and keeps talking shit to me. He will have to lose 40lbs to compete against me. I am 202lbs now, at 10% bodyfat. I'm going to start dieting soon. He better bring his fucking A game because I'm dropping to 180. I'm going to be so dry on stage that with every pose, my skin is going to crackle. I'll show him a fucking Animal.