PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the O...

Universal Rep
08-31-10, 4:16 pm
Who's got 'em?

Who's gonna take the Sandow this year?

Aggression
08-31-10, 4:19 pm
Gonna be a good one. I'm a Branch Warren fan. I don't think he'll win it, but I'd love to see it happen.

U Mad Brah?
08-31-10, 4:26 pm
maybe kai greene this year brahs

MRmichael.hooker
08-31-10, 4:29 pm
ugh sooo many factors. Favorite would HAVE to be Jay. A lot of mags are saying Kai, but I don't think so. I don't think he quite has everything to take Jay's crown. I think Phil will beat Kai due to his improved size and awesome muscle bellies. With everyone talking Jay ,Branch, Kai, Phil, don't forget about Dexter Jackson. He has been working the past few months with Charles Glass... so who knows. I think Jay 1st, then 2/3 will be Branch & Dexter, but idk which order.

Mr. Dead
08-31-10, 4:31 pm
I'd like to see The House make at least top 5... And I'd like to see Stan "Rhino" Efferding take the World's strongest bodybuilder...

Nix0r
08-31-10, 5:23 pm
I'd like to see The House make at least top 5... And I'd like to see Stan "Rhino" Efferding take the World's strongest bodybuilder...

Rhino is going to destroy that competition. He's done more RAW than Johnnie has done in the however-many-the-fuck-ply suits he uses.

C.Coronato
08-31-10, 5:30 pm
Gonna be a good one. I'm a Branch Warren fan. I don't think he'll win it, but I'd love to see it happen.

Agreed. Branch all the way.

Flash419
08-31-10, 5:56 pm
Top 5

Jay Cutler
Phil Heath
Branch Warren
Kai Green
Dexter Jackson

Should be Jay's show to lose. If he's as good or better then last year, then everyone else is fighting for 2nd place.

Beach91
08-31-10, 6:39 pm
i also believe its Jays show to lose, if he shows up like last year, its his

I see Phil and Kai fighting for 2 and 3, Phil was sick last time out so i dont think he will make the same mistake and Kai has been missing a bit on his conditioning lately so it will be interesting to see

I see Jackson and Branch fighting for 4 n 5 spot, Dexter looks amazing and is always on but he doesnt bring anythign different in terms of huge changes to his physique, hes kinda maxed out for what he can bring

Branch, it all comes down to conditioning, if he nails it like the first nite of last years O i could see him challenging for the title, but he has to be dead on, he doesnt have the aesthetically pleasing shape the others do, and needs them to be a little off, while he is totally on to place 1 or 2

just my thoughts

Beowulf
09-01-10, 10:54 am
Phil Heath.

FITGYM
09-01-10, 11:00 am
I congratulate all those who are able to walk out on that stage on that day. What it takes to get there is proof alone of the dedication they have. I wish them all the best of luck.

Vinny G
09-01-10, 11:36 am
I believe a NEW Mr OLYMPIA will be on stage.....someone who never won before.

Beowulf
09-01-10, 12:40 pm

I believe this as well.

swoleberry
09-01-10, 4:18 pm
I'm going with Kai Greene or Phil Heath on this one. Heath is looking pretty phenominal these days as is Kai. I say see ya Jay

G Diesel
09-01-10, 4:36 pm
1) Jay Cutler
2) Phil Heath
3) Victor Martinez
4) Kai Greene
5) Branch Warren
6) Dexter Jackson

Peace, G

naturalguy
09-01-10, 4:47 pm
1) Jay Cutler
2) Phil Heath
3) Victor Martinez
4) Kai Greene
5) Branch Warren
6) Dexter Jackson

Peace, G

That is a pretty good prediction G ^^^ and it could well play out that way.

This is a tough call and tough year for predictions. If and this is a big if Jay can nail the same condition he hit last year it is his show. He very well can be off, it's not easy to hit that two years in a row, that will open the door.

If it's not Jay then I am going to say it's either going to be Kai, Phil or Vic, now I know that is not making a prediction however any of those 3 could take it. The latest pics of Vic I saw were insane, the only question mark with him is his legs and condition but if he nails it and has the legs he has the best shape and structure of all of them. Kai's pics look good and Phil keeps improving from show to show.

How can anyone count out Branch Warren. He shook the world last year with 2nd place and he is an easy guy to root for.

Ok enough of the BS, let's get down to the nitty, gritty. Jay Cutler proved me wrong last year, I admit I counted him out with that said here is my predictions:

1. Jay
2. Kai
3. Vic
4. Phil
5. Branch
6. Dexter

I think 2,3 & 4 could all be moved around, we will see on game day.

PIJW
09-01-10, 5:26 pm

Would love to see this for House

Agreed. Branch all the way.

Im still banking on Branch taking the crown this year, New Mr. O coming.

FITGYM
09-01-10, 8:23 pm
Anyone of these guys in any order

Jay Cutler
Phil Heath
Victor Martinez
Kai Greene
Branch Warren
Dexter Jackson
Dennis Wolf

and would love to see House make it all the way to Mr O

Beach91
09-01-10, 8:35 pm
I totally forgot about Vic Martinez, i think he is a definite darkhorse, seen some new pics, his structure n full muscle bellies in the upper body cant be touched

Anyone seen any new shots of his legs though?

Kuclo
09-02-10, 5:48 pm
1) Jay Cutler
2) Phil Heath
3) Victor Martinez
4) Kai Greene
5) Branch Warren
6) Dexter Jackson

Peace, G

Dead nuts there bro! I would have to say that Kai and Vic will battling it out for 3rd

B. Rowe
09-02-10, 6:43 pm

I think so too, its time for a change. Tough to say who it will be Phil, Kai, or Branch... I just think the powers to be really want Phil to be the next Mr O

G Diesel
09-03-10, 10:24 am
What is funny to me is the fact that everybody (myself included) has Dexter in 5th or 6th. The dude won the O two years ago, has one of the best and most complete physiques, and is arguably the most consistently conditioned. He could easily be top 3.

I think a lot of people think he's a dick and that is why he gets the shaft in a lot of predictions, but honestly, he might have the physique I'd want to have above the other 5 guys, and that kind of aspirational look should mean something too. Not smart to sleep on Dex this year.

Peace, G

Beach91
09-03-10, 1:50 pm
What is funny to me is the fact that everybody (myself included) has Dexter in 5th or 6th. The dude won the O two years ago, has one of the best and most complete physiques, and is arguably the most consistently conditioned. He could easily be top 3.

I think a lot of people think he's a dick and that is why he gets the shaft in a lot of predictions, but honestly, he might have the physique I'd want to have above the other 5 guys, and that kind of aspirational look should mean something too. Not smart to sleep on Dex this year.

Peace, G

Agreed G,

As well Dexter's physique is very polished and doesnt jump out at you, he is never off, and his past successes may have hurt him now and in the future, it seems as if the judges always want more, more size and more shock/wow factor.

Dexter's already maxed out most of his frame, he has been adding a good few lbs of muscle from show to show but nothing like Kai, Heath or Jay or Branch, so judges seem to overlook him, which i think is wrong

If there ever was a classic balance of muscle and symmetry to aspire to, Dexter would be it

Vinny G
09-06-10, 9:05 pm
ok enough talk of heath and dexter, what do you think about the 202 guys?

can english win again?

N. Motta
09-06-10, 10:57 pm
What is funny to me is the fact that everybody (myself included) has Dexter in 5th or 6th. The dude won the O two years ago, has one of the best and most complete physiques, and is arguably the most consistently conditioned. He could easily be top 3.....he might have the physique I'd want to have above the other 5 guys, and that kind of aspirational look should mean something too. Not smart to sleep on Dex this year.

Peace, G

...he is never off, and his past successes may have hurt him now and in the future, it seems as if the judges always want more, more size and more shock/wow factor....
If there ever was a classic balance of muscle and symmetry to aspire to, Dexter would be it

I agree 110% with all of the above. Being quite ignorant and naive to the current status of professional bodybuilding, I will venture to say that Dex could have really dominated the Olympia a few decades ago, when such a (sometimes unnecessary, at the expense of quality) premium on size was not as prevalent.

I would really LOVE to see Victor get the title that I feel he deserved in '07. Currently, I feel that his physique is the most perfect, in my eye.

Enforcer
09-06-10, 11:10 pm
I am pulling for one of my favorite bodybuilders of all time- Branch Warren

Reacher34
09-06-10, 11:25 pm
I'm a big Branch fan also. But I honestly am rooting or Jay. I was NEVER a Jay fan....until seeing what he did last year. How can you not respect that when everyone counted him out. He went from looking like a walking refrigerator, to looking like the incredible hulk!!

I'd love to see Jay and Branch take 1 and 2 respectively. And I wouldn't be upset with Phil earning 3rd place. It's just so hard for me to like Kai when I see that gut. I can honestly say I wouldn't take Kai's physique if I had to have a gut like that.