PDA

View Full Version : Journey in the Sun and Sand

Stiron
09-05-10, 2:12 pm
I'm gonna be deployed here in afghanistan for a little under a year. Always been a fan of bodybuilding, but never took it seriously til a couple months ago. Been workin my ass off, and using the time that I get in the gym to the fullest. It's a pretty ghetto gym that I use, but it gets the job done. Only problem is the food. The chow hall serves good food don't get me wrong, but just not enough variety to get the nutrition I need. A lot a fried food, and the ever present dessert bar. I've got the self control, but gettin what I need is gonna be tough. Thinking about maybe gettin the fam to send craploads of tuna. Also still waiting on my Animal lineup that I ordered a couple weeks ago, mail takes so freakin long. My workout splits right now are chest, back and shoulders, arms (bis and tris), legs, and a cardio day. Gotta be honest, I am slackin in the cardio area right now, what with only one treadmill available. Gettin alot of flak from the other dudes in the platoon, but nobody questions my work ethic in the gym. my workout partner and I get in there and do work. But thats all I got for now, just gotta keep on da grind. deuces

Sans Peur
09-05-10, 2:18 pm
I feel ya man. Myself and my training partner are both leaving for Afghanistan within the next couple months. Nutrition is going to be the hardest part, but the best you can do is find the holes, and fill them with the right supps.

Stiron
09-22-10, 3:10 pm
sans, where are you gonna be based at? if you're not already there haha! our workload has picked up since my last post and i have been unable to get to a comp to throw a post in. the workouts are going awesome, except for the last 2 days. i have been finding myself gettin more and more tired and doing less weight than i usually do. i have increased my sets from 4 per exercise to 5 or 6 depending on how much i am feelin the pump. could this be the reason i am strugglin more? until next time, deuces.