PDA

View Full Version : champ or warrior?

theWarlord
09-05-10, 10:18 pm
what does the warrior possess that the champion doesn't?

Howitzer
09-05-10, 10:22 pm
The discipline to continue even if he is continually not recognized for his deeds.

Legacy
09-06-10, 12:19 am
The warrior realizes that there is always someone bigger, stronger, and better than him therefore takes each day as its own and makes the most out of it. The warrior pushes everything to the limits to make the most. The champion is the champ for that day or year and thinks he is the best there is, unable to realize the warrior who is about to fuck his day up.

MR.TeachFreak
09-06-10, 12:32 am
The champion thinks he is the top dog and is the best that there is while the warrior always knows that there is always someone or something stronger then him that he must prepare for. The warrior always works to get better and doesn't get lazy.

BigChrisF
09-06-10, 1:08 am
So a warrior can never be a champion?

theWarlord
09-06-10, 1:22 am
So a warrior can never be a champion?

warrior has bleed and sweated his ass off to be what he is...a warrior. he's one for life.

Cellardweller
09-06-10, 8:13 pm
The warrior could be a champion, but I don't think the warrior wants to be a champion. The warrior pays his dues without thought of reward. The warrior gets his respect from side ways glances while the champion is elevated and looked up to. There's nothing wrong with being a champion. Everyone loves a winner and having won, no one can take that from you. But there's a danger of ego and losing your warrior ways. It's like a frickin Rocky movie. Once Rocky looses his warrior ways and lets being a champion get to him, he looses the fight. Then he becomes the warrior again and kicks some major ass. NEVER loose your warrior's edge.

theWarlord
09-07-10, 1:59 am
The warrior could be a champion, but I don't think the warrior wants to be a champion. The warrior pays his dues without thought of reward. The warrior gets his respect from side ways glances while the champion is elevated and looked up to. There's nothing wrong with being a champion. Everyone loves a winner and having won, no one can take that from you. But there's a danger of ego and losing your warrior ways. It's like a frickin Rocky movie. Once Rocky looses his warrior ways and lets being a champion get to him, he looses the fight. Then he becomes the warrior again and kicks some major ass. NEVER loose your warrior's edge.

your right. absolutely right. for those who have trouble with the two...reference ROCKY 3.

mcbeast
09-07-10, 2:27 am
The warrior realizes that there is always someone bigger, stronger, and better than him therefore takes each day as its own and makes the most out of it. The warrior pushes everything to the limits to make the most. The champion is the champ for that day or year and thinks he is the best there is, unable to realize the warrior who is about to fuck his day up.

Clubber & Rocky. Until Rocky wakes back up of course..

mcbeast
09-07-10, 2:28 am
your right. absolutely right. for those who have trouble with the two...reference ROCKY 3.

Didnt even see this before I posted..But yeah, my point exactly.

theWarlord
09-07-10, 3:13 am
"a warrior always sees the bigger picture. he uses his sword to slash and destroy what's before him cause its always something obstructing his path...he never stops cause he's always looking at the bigger picture...so what a battle is lost...the war is never fuckin over.."

he harnesses his killer instinct and his strength give birth to his violent intentions to being the best or the strongest at the end of the war...every battle does one thing...makes him stronger than the last...in the end...he becomes unstoppable.

Beowulf
09-09-10, 10:54 am
Aren't the words two sides of the same coin?

theWarlord
09-09-10, 4:20 pm
Aren't the words two sides of the same coin?

nope.

theWarlord
09-09-10, 4:27 pm
nope.

reason. see ROCKY 3.

Beowulf
09-09-10, 5:59 pm
reason. see ROCKY 3.

A Hollywood movie tells us about the differences between being a champ and a warrior? Sylvester Stallone? I might read the Hagakure and learn something about being a warrior but Sly?

theWarlord
09-09-10, 9:05 pm
A Hollywood movie tells us about the differences between being a champ and a warrior? Sylvester Stallone? I might read the Hagakure and learn something about being a warrior but Sly?

...if that's all you see. its just an example. the reason why the two aren't the same coin is because one stays satisfied on his accomplishments...the other just wants keep challenging himself cause he's hungry.

Beowulf
09-10-10, 9:04 am
...if that's all you see. its just an example. the reason why the two aren't the same coin is because one stays satisfied on his accomplishments...the other just wants keep challenging himself cause he's hungry.

I guess so. It's just that I never really learned anything meaningful in life from a Hollywood action movie. That's just me.

In my mind, both a champion and a warrior constantly challenge themselves, constantly stay hungry. But I suppose all this is a matter of semantics.