PDA

View Full Version : Heart of A Lion

Straight2ThaBank
09-07-10, 7:54 pm
What's up Animal nation, so this is my journey. Figured every active person in the forum should have one. What you can expect: daily ramblings, training, future pics, and any/everything else. This is mainly my online journal to track training and meals, yeah I have a notebook but I would like others to be able to see it as well so they can pick my brain and also kick me some knowledge along the way.

The training split is like this: 4 days per week, 2 bodyparts a session. Monday - chest and back, Tuesday - legs, calves, abs. Wednesday - cardio. Thursday - shoulders and traps. Friday - biceps, triceps, and abs. Saturday - cardio. Sunday - off. I'm training abs only twice a week because I hit them pretty hard and they also have a major impact in a lot of the core lifts on my training days.

Meal plan - simple shit, clean as possible, 6 meals a day, 3 whole foods, 2 shakes pre and post training and then a small snack before bed. I work 12 hour shifts so the meals are all easy quick things, boneless skinless chicken about 8oz, lean ground beef, veggies, salads, breakfast is always 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs, here and there I'll have a sandwich with whole wheat bread usually I like to cut carbs from bread, rice and pasta and then cycle it bi-monthly.

So lets get into it, today was Tuesday and I know the training says legs but since yesterdays holiday festivities took me away from the gym I hit chest and back.

10min warmup on the bike @ 85RPM

DB Bench (85lbs) 3 x 12
Incline Bench (135, 185, 205) x 10
Cable Crossovers 4 x 12
T bar rows 3 x 10
DB rows (90lbs) 4 x 12
Lat Pulldowns 3 x 12
Reverse-grip Pulldowns 3 x12
Seated rows 4 x 12
Back Extensions 3 x 10

30min HIIT on the bike 1min intervals 122RPM high - 80RPM rest

All in all I felt good my back has been a little sore I think I'm in need of a new bed, I was deadlifting on back day but have decided to remove it it's just a little bit too crazy for all those back exercises and deads. Tomorrow is another day. Keep grindin!

Straight2ThaBank
09-08-10, 4:36 pm
Wednesday, the usual middle of the week off day. I did 30min of HIIT cardio and some abs, medicine ball throws, weighted crunches, planks, and med ball v sit and twist. It wasn't good or bad it was a fairly mediocre day. Can't really have those but I guess the work still got done so it's not a total loss.

Got to catch up on the Sons of Anarchy premiere and daaaaamn what an ending. No spoilers don't worry but looks like this season is gonna be intense.

Quick training question; I know this is an Animal forum so Animal products are probably favored but has anyone tried the jacked pre-workout supplement? One of my boys is about to get on it and I just wanted to know if it's at all effective?