PDA

View Full Version : Always A Bodybuilder

Tony
09-08-10, 2:00 pm
This past year has been crazy. Since last september I have been featured in all my favourite magazines for the first time, I have competed three times and now am a national level competitor. Now my life is about to take a different path as I embark on a university education. I'm entering a four year law program at Carleton University and will from there apply to law school. I began University two years ago with very little idea of what I wanted out of it. I remember at the time all i wanted to do was train. Now I am focused, I have my bodybuilding career right where it needs to be and I am looking forward to distributing my efforts and time evenly to both academics and the sport I love. I am going to blog throughout the next month or two the changes in my life and how I am coping with them in regards to bodybuilding. No matter where life takes you, or what you are pursuing, a bodybuilder always puts their physique as priority one.

Mr. Dead
09-08-10, 2:03 pm
Nice!!! Building the brain and the body...

Universal Rep
09-08-10, 2:08 pm
Subbed. Good luck.

Tony
09-08-10, 2:11 pm
Nice!!! Building the brain and the body...

That is the idea haha.

Last year was great and pursuing bodybuilding and personal training simultaneously was kind of like living the dream! Only I felt a little off, like my brain was going to mush, The only thing I ever found myself debating discussing or researching was training and diet methods! I want a long career in the sport and I don't want to burn myself this young. I'm hoping this program will bring an even balance to my day to day life which will allow for more success in both avenues.

School is definitely not easy, and finding apartments, securing them, moving van's, and packing are never easy. But I haven't missed a workout yet!

its Lbc
09-08-10, 2:15 pm
Sweet brother! i hope all the best for you! School is Demanding. Stick to it, stay strong, mentally and physically. God Bless you Bud and i cant wait to hear all about it down the road.

Tony
09-08-10, 2:18 pm
Sweet brother! i hope all the best for you! School is Demanding. Stick to it, stay strong, mentally and physically. God Bless you Bud and i cant wait to hear all about it down the road.

Thanks a lot bro. I am going to without a doubt have a lot on my plate. But i"m starving and ready to eat! thanks again!

C.Coronato
09-08-10, 2:23 pm
Glad to see your pursuing other dreams brother. Now get to god damn Jersey.

Tony
09-08-10, 2:25 pm
Glad to see your pursuing other dreams brother. Now get to god damn Jersey.

Absolutely man. I was just a whipper snapper last time I came for my first shoot with Universal. lol.

Tony
09-08-10, 5:23 pm
Last workout in my hometown then it's off to the nations cap!

S. Clarida
09-09-10, 12:39 am
Good Stuff! Congrats!!!

C.Coronato
09-09-10, 9:44 am
Absolutely man. I was just a whipper snapper last time I came for my first shoot with Universal. lol.

Haha, that wasnt that long ago bro!

Universal Repstress
09-09-10, 4:33 pm
That's great to hear! Looking forward to reading about your new transition and direction.
Kudos to pursuing a degree and keeping your bodybuilding fire alive at the same time.

Tony
09-10-10, 9:59 pm
Haha, that wasnt that long ago bro!

lol in bodybuilding years that was forever ago! I'm a new man!

Tony
09-10-10, 10:01 pm
That's great to hear! Looking forward to reading about your new transition and direction.
Kudos to pursuing a degree and keeping your bodybuilding fire alive at the same time.

I'm really excited for everyone to read my latest article. she's a deep one. haha.

and Thank You!

Tony
09-10-10, 10:06 pm
The first couple days of classes went great! It felt good to be back in the academic mix! Global politics, art history, english and of course law was the mental split so far this past week! First training session was energized as well, I used the University gym... very proud to be rockin and reppin Universal on campus!

B. Rowe
09-10-10, 10:11 pm
Only I felt a little off, like my brain was going to mush, The only thing I ever found myself debating discussing or researching was training and diet methods! I want a long career in the sport and I don't want to burn myself this young.

Nice attitude, i actually have been feeling the same way. I am taking some time off before applying to medical school but i feel like i am wasting away brain power and i need to at least begin studying during some of my free time so i dont "loose it" if thats possible lol.

Goodluck man

C.Coronato
09-13-10, 9:42 am
lol in bodybuilding years that was forever ago! I'm a new man!

Haha thats The Truth. Glad to hear you are enjoying school. I started going back part time with night classes and online classes for my Masters .. its different to say the least haha. Good luck brotha.

Tony
09-13-10, 1:54 pm
Nice attitude, i actually have been feeling the same way. I am taking some time off before applying to medical school but i feel like i am wasting away brain power and i need to at least begin studying during some of my free time so i dont "loose it" if thats possible lol.

Goodluck man

Haha thats The Truth. Glad to hear you are enjoying school. I started going back part time with night classes and online classes for my Masters .. its different to say the least haha. Good luck brotha.

you boys are far ahead of me. nothing like the feeling of starting at square one.

Tony
09-13-10, 1:56 pm
Falling into a groove now, forming the habitual lifestyle all bodybuilders need. Things are still a little chaotic, but I feel like im starting to form my weekly pattern. Feelin good! Chest day ahead!

Firedrake
09-13-10, 8:47 pm
Falling into a groove now, forming the habitual lifestyle all bodybuilders need. Things are still a little chaotic, but I feel like im starting to form my weekly pattern. Feelin good! Chest day ahead!

Sounds like you're getting things under control -- remember the old Latin saying: "Mens sana in corpora sano." A sound mind in a sound body.

Both are necessary, and good for you for recognizing and acting on it.

Tony
09-14-10, 12:59 am
Sounds like you're getting things under control -- remember the old Latin saying: "Mens sana in corpora sano." A sound mind in a sound body.

Both are necessary, and good for you for recognizing and acting on it.

I appreciate you saying that very much. A completely new lifestyle and a new set of patterns and habits is a shock to every bodybuilder, but I'm dead set on solidifying my Ottawa groove.

Thanks again.

Tony
09-20-10, 11:44 pm
Things couldn't be going better training wise. My training partner Matt and I have been shaking things up, trying some things I'm not used to. Training sessions well over an hour high volume... I'm not a fan of veering off into different training styles, but I figured the change can't hurt and I've been getting crazy pumps!!

30's 10's 3's for chest today blew my chest away. We threw a plate on the smith and cranked thirty reps, added a 35 for 10 more, then finished by throwing on another 35 for 3! We did this for incline smith flat smith, and then moved onto four sets of machine press drop sets, followed by 4 sets of dumbbell fly's and four sets of dips. I have to say that was the most intense and longest workout of my life. I'm going to stay open minded and try these different workouts out for a while and I will snap some pics and get some video footage of my workouts and progress!

Bed time, early class!

S. Clarida
09-24-10, 9:52 am
Things couldn't be going better training wise. My training partner Matt and I have been shaking things up, trying some things I'm not used to. Training sessions well over an hour high volume... I'm not a fan of veering off into different training styles, but I figured the change can't hurt and I've been getting crazy pumps!!

30's 10's 3's for chest today blew my chest away. We threw a plate on the smith and cranked thirty reps, added a 35 for 10 more, then finished by throwing on another 35 for 3! We did this for incline smith flat smith, and then moved onto four sets of machine press drop sets, followed by 4 sets of dumbbell fly's and four sets of dips. I have to say that was the most intense and longest workout of my life. I'm going to stay open minded and try these different workouts out for a while and I will snap some pics and get some video footage of my workouts and progress!

Bed time, early class!

NICE!!!

Changing up your routines can be a good thing. Your body get's so used to training one way, so when you switch things up, it's only response is to grow. Keep at it bro!

Tony
09-29-10, 2:46 pm
NICE!!!

Changing up your routines can be a good thing. Your body get's so used to training one way, so when you switch things up, it's only response is to grow. Keep at it bro!

So true. It doesn't mean you have to adapt that training method for good, just a shock here and there to reignite the fire!

Tony
09-29-10, 2:48 pm
Okay! the day is set. Ottawa ABC SATURDAY OCTOBER 23. NEW BODY DIMENSIONS GYM.

2PM
1800 St Laurent Boulevard
Ottawa, ON K1G 1A2

Spread the word!

B. Rowe
09-29-10, 2:52 pm
So true. It doesn't mean you have to adapt that training method for good, just a shock here and there to reignite the fire!

Too many of us get caught up in our ways and think if we stray we will hinder ourselves. Im just as guilty, thats why when i train with friends on occasion I always make them lead the way cus if not I end up doing the same shit.

Tony
09-29-10, 2:54 pm
Too many of us get caught up in our ways and think if we stray we will hinder ourselves. Im just as guilty, thats why when i train with friends on occasion I always make them lead the way cus if not I end up doing the same shit.

I am the EXACT way. "old schiool heavy barbell and dumbell 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps, occasional drop sets and super sets each workout..." That is who I am, thats how I've built what I have up until today, that is my home base, but being perceptive and open to others and tips along the way can never hurt. I always let a new or unfamiliar training partner lead the way.

Tony
10-14-10, 3:17 am
So much going on! Training is still going great, I have been eating clean and often and hardening up while maintaining an appetite throughout the day. Mid terms assignments and papers are all coming to a peak in the next two weeks! Also very pumped to launch the new Universal website! I've written some heartfelt articles for the site and am looking forward to some feedback! Time to bare down bring it on November!!

Universal Repstress
01-07-11, 12:42 pm
I will be closing this thread but you can still follow Tony's journey by visiting his blog on the new Universal USA site. See link below.

http://www.universalusa.com/Users/Members/Tony