PDA

View Full Version : The CAGE Event: Training & Nutrition Seminar

Ox
09-09-10, 10:31 pm
Alright, the Cage is quickly approaching and I've got some work to do. It's my job to deliver a seminar on nutrition live in the Cage. For those of you who are gonna be there, make a list of shit you want to know and don't be shy when I see you there.

But whether you're gonna be at the cage or not, give me some ideas of things you'd like me to touch on in my seminar on nutrition. Let's have em...

Jon_Blaze
09-10-10, 12:39 am
How about hitting on the importance of making sure you're getting the greens in your diet? I know a lot of dudes keep it meat and potatoes (like what Lesnar was doing) and end up suffering for it. Can't be the best in anything if you got a bag for an intestinal tract.

Ox
09-10-10, 8:49 am
How about hitting on the importance of making sure you're getting the greens in your diet? I know a lot of dudes keep it meat and potatoes (like what Lesnar was doing) and end up suffering for it. Can't be the best in anything if you got a bag for an intestinal tract.

"The importance of not being a meathead"...great idea.

Beowulf
09-10-10, 9:02 am
How about groupthink and the trendy diets? You know, how everyone and his mom his watching carbs, even those skinny kids trying to "get big"?

Shukin
09-10-10, 9:05 am
* Timing of meals
* High carb vs. low carb
* How much protein can the body absorb at each meal
* Types of protein, chicken , fish, egg, meat, and powders

There is a lot of conflicting info out there, so rather than just read off a bunch of facts it would be really helpful for you to speak honestly based on personal experience... This is what I really think people will be looking for.
Plus where people can turn for further knowledge of what you will be talking about, so we can continue to learn.

I look forward to it, hopefully it's recorded and transcribed and later posted as an article.

Shukin

naturalguy
09-10-10, 9:09 am
I will be taking notes

Universal Rep
09-10-10, 10:01 am
How 'bout what you are doing nutrition-wise as you prep for the Arnold? And how what you're doing may or may not make sense to fellas who aren't on contest prep for a major IFBB show?

Beach91
09-10-10, 1:28 pm
Maybe the transition from bulking into dieting into coming out of a diet and going back to a gaining phase, many guys simply pig out and call it bulking, maybe your thoughts, tips , ideas and strategies for always remaining in control of your diet while focusing on the main goal, becoming a better bodybuilder

mritter3
09-10-10, 8:00 pm
i would def. be interested in hearing your thoughts on a clean bulking diet, im all about getting big...but not sloppy big, its gotta be controlled...just wondering what food choices would be good for that.

Ox
09-11-10, 10:46 am
How about groupthink and the trendy diets? You know, how everyone and his mom his watching carbs, even those skinny kids trying to "get big"?

Good stuff. I'm all about the basics. Trends are just too trendy.

Ox
09-11-10, 10:48 am
* Timing of meals
* High carb vs. low carb
* How much protein can the body absorb at each meal
* Types of protein, chicken , fish, egg, meat, and powders

There is a lot of conflicting info out there, so rather than just read off a bunch of facts it would be really helpful for you to speak honestly based on personal experience... This is what I really think people will be looking for.
Plus where people can turn for further knowledge of what you will be talking about, so we can continue to learn.

I look forward to it, hopefully it's recorded and transcribed and later posted as an article.

Shukin

Sounds to me like what we're talking about here is listening to your body. All those things you listed are different for everyone so what I'd like to touch upon is learning to adjust things as necessary vs. blindly following a set plan/diet.

Ox
09-11-10, 10:50 am
I will be taking notes

When you say notes you don't me you'll be like sketching me or anything weird like that? Alright, I'm gonna have to see your notebook before you exit the Cage.

Ox
09-11-10, 10:51 am
How 'bout what you are doing nutrition-wise as you prep for the Arnold? And how what you're doing may or may not make sense to fellas who aren't on contest prep for a major IFBB show?

Will definitely touch on that. I like that...what I'm doing vs. a non-competing offseason bodybuilder...very different stuff. Or is it?

Ox
09-11-10, 10:51 am
Maybe the transition from bulking into dieting into coming out of a diet and going back to a gaining phase, many guys simply pig out and call it bulking, maybe your thoughts, tips , ideas and strategies for always remaining in control of your diet while focusing on the main goal, becoming a better bodybuilder

Excellent.

Ox
09-11-10, 10:53 am
i would def. be interested in hearing your thoughts on a clean bulking diet, im all about getting big...but not sloppy big, its gotta be controlled...just wondering what food choices would be good for that.

Great, again I really want to spend some time talking about everyone learning their body and properly utlizing food to suit THEIR needs vs. simply pigging out to get huge or straving yourself to get ripped.