PDA

View Full Version : Egg White help

MRmichael.hooker
09-10-10, 7:16 am
Needing some ideas on eating egg whites. Since day 1, ive boiled em because its super easy to just peel the next morning and eat the whites. Im finally sick of it lol. Anyone got any good ways to make the egg whites conviently?

adidas
09-10-10, 8:10 am
Yeah buy bulk liquid egg whites (http://www.eggwhites-international.com/) or those little cartons they sell in the egg/dairy section at the grocery store.

C.Coronato
09-10-10, 9:27 am
You can buy the cartons and simply add them to a shake, since they dont need to be cooked.

Scrambled with some veg works well, also.

Aggression
09-10-10, 9:31 am
You can buy the cartons and simply add them to a shake, since they dont need to be cooked.

I did this during my last diet. A carton of egg whites and 1/2c oats for breakfast. Simple. Easy. Effective.

Northman
09-10-10, 10:19 am
Some fried egg whites chopped up into brown rice with a little bit of PB melted in there.

Aggression
09-10-10, 10:31 am
Some fried egg whites chopped up into brown rice with a little bit of PB melted in there.

Not gonna lie dude. That doesn't sound too good, haha.

S. Clarida
09-10-10, 11:10 am
Gotta love the Liquid Egg Whites. Mix 1 whole egg for your fats.

MRmichael.hooker
09-10-10, 1:11 pm
Gotta love the Liquid Egg Whites. Mix 1 whole egg for your fats.

isn't it cheaper though to buy the 5dozen at walmart than the liquid?

C.Coronato
09-10-10, 1:13 pm
I do personally still buy the eggs and crack them, because yes it is cheaper. But if you wanted to put them in a shake without drinking them, they would need to come from a carton because they are pasteurized, and thus make them safe to consume without cooking.

MRmichael.hooker
09-10-10, 1:53 pm
I do personally still buy the eggs and crack them, because yes it is cheaper. But if you wanted to put them in a shake without drinking them, they would need to come from a carton because they are pasteurized, and thus make them safe to consume without cooking.

looks like I might just be stuck seperating them. Im not gonna spend extra money only because i dont feel like eating em boiled anymore lol

ProteinJunkie
09-10-10, 2:04 pm
I’m a cartoon egg white user as well and love them.

As for the costs, have you done the cost comparison? Prices obviously will differ from location to location but where I am, I’d be mulling over a matter of a few cents/per egg white vs. whole eggs. Regardless of how many I eat, let me tell ya I’m not going to lose sleep over it and will enjoy the convenience of it. Lord knows, I’ve spent my money more frivolously and on stupider things than that in my lifetime.

Northman
09-10-10, 5:56 pm
Not gonna lie dude. That doesn't sound too good, haha.

Try it, you'll be surprised.

Jon
09-12-10, 6:05 pm
Just drink em.. goes down faster

C.Coronato
09-13-10, 10:36 am
looks like I might just be stuck seperating them. Im not gonna spend extra money only because i dont feel like eating em boiled anymore lol

I do the same bro. I cant afford the carton shit all the time, wish i could, and sometimes i do, but not every day.

MRmichael.hooker
09-13-10, 10:38 am
I do the same bro. I cant afford the carton shit all the time, wish i could, and sometimes i do, but not every day.

Simple fix, I just bought a egg-white seperater from the dollar store lol

Crims
09-13-10, 2:05 pm
My question is, would using the liquid egg white cartons be considered a whole meal/solid food source, or would you account that into the 'shake' category.

Jon
09-13-10, 7:22 pm
I consider shakes as meals.. so my carton of 16 eggs is a meal along with my side of oatmeal