PDA

View Full Version : deadlift exhaustion

msktyshha
09-15-10, 1:26 pm
guys I know I put up a thread before about squat and fatigue, now my question is very similar. What the hell should I do about this deadlift and squat exhaustion. My form seems alryte in these lifts mechanically but I think I suck in the breathing part. Please someone advise me on how to properly breath during a deadlift and squat. I get exhausted even in the 1-5 rep range

C.Coronato
09-15-10, 1:51 pm
If your getting gased, you may want to lower the weights and go lighter with a few higher reps for a while.

You can also get your cardiovascular health up.

blaine
09-15-10, 4:19 pm
breathe in going down and shoot out that air going up
after a set of squats i used to be out of breathe and feel like shit
over time it got better

i have no issue now with breathing or exhaustion on any of my lifts
its easy, get cardio done, condition yourself by doing high intensity supersets. jump rope or swimming gets the job done.

christian99
09-15-10, 10:33 pm
cardio bro. ive really never had an issue like that but my cardio is always in really good shape

Zieben
09-15-10, 10:56 pm
If your getting gased, you may want to lower the weights and go lighter with a few higher reps for a while.

You can also get your cardiovascular health up.

Definitely the best approach. If you're getting winded after only 1-5 reps, you should really consider starting at a lower weight, at least for a few sets of warmups to get things pumping, then see if you can at least pull off 8 (at the weight that you're struggling at for the 1-5 that wind you) without gasping for air.

Also another good point, spend more time focusing on cardio, build up lung capacity and endurance!

suicidegripme
09-15-10, 11:38 pm
guys I know I put up a thread before about squat and fatigue, now my question is very similar. What the hell should I do about this deadlift and squat exhaustion. My form seems alryte in these lifts mechanically but I think I suck in the breathing part. Please someone advise me on how to properly breath during a deadlift and squat. I get exhausted even in the 1-5 rep range

Maybe slow down on the set, inhale, squat, breath out, take a breath or two, repeat. Also, are you going too heavy?

msktyshha
09-15-10, 11:55 pm
Maybe slow down on the set, inhale, squat, breath out, take a breath or two, repeat. Also, are you going too heavy?

I don't rush the set, I do focus on all 2 parts of the rep from positive to negative but I think i am just not breathing properly. and yes I am doing 75-95% of my 1 rep max. I was also thinking about cutting back on pre workout supplements that contain caffeine.

Big Wides
09-16-10, 6:11 am

I would work on your overall form on both lifts since you mentioned above that they are alright. Once you get the form down pat, which includes in my mind the proper breathing, you'll be fine. One thing that I have done and still do is with the deadlift and squat, when I am in the down position, have a full belly of air that is pushing out against your belt, but keep your abs tight. On the way up, exhale like a diver would on the ascent, for when you reach the top, your lungs should be empty. On the desent, take a big breath in to refill the belly and repeat.

If your true problem is stamina, then hit the cardio

d1sc1ple
09-16-10, 1:37 pm
My question is are you improving on your strength gains? I personally don't think you have pushed yourself if your not breathing hard. Squats and Deads are a full body explosive movement, I have seen spots before while doing these lifts! I am out of breath after all my working sets. To me it just sounds like your Intensity is just really high. If you aren't making gains in strength then change something, try dropping the weights etc. But if you are making gains and are just getting winded try to stick it through, you are getting a good cardio workout for free!