PDA

View Full Version : Questions about My Diet

no f*ing around
09-16-10, 11:58 am
My goal is to reduce body fat. I am 38, 200lbs, Male and a novice. I don't know my BF% yet. I have been training as a novice for the past year. My workouts used to be 3 days weights, 3 days cardio. I saw changes in the mirror but I want to improve.

Now I am doing Animal's 4 day split routine with HIIT cardio for 20 minutes 5 days a week and I am loving it. The way I see it, the past year was conditioning my body for what I am doing now.

Here is my food intake.

Meal 1: cup oats, honey, fruit smoothie, 40g protein shake
Meal 2: 25g low salt sardines, apple
Meal 3: 50g tuna, salad with olive oil and vinegar
2pm Workout
Meal 4: 40g protein shake
Meal 5: 50g tuna or sardines
Meal 6: steak or chicken breast or tilapia, cup of steamed vegetables

Thoughts, ideas?
Thanks bros

AntoineV
09-16-10, 12:21 pm
you should replace one of your tuna meals by some chicken/salmon/steak meal... and get some solid protein in your breakfast.. 1 egg and 8 eg whites or something...

hope that helps! keep training hard!

My goal is to reduce body fat. I am 38, 200lbs, Male and a novice. I don't know my BF% yet. I have been training as a novice for the past year. My workouts used to be 3 days weights, 3 days cardio. I saw changes in the mirror but I want to improve.

Now I am doing Animal's 4 day split routine with HIIT cardio for 20 minutes 5 days a week and I am loving it. The way I see it, the past year was conditioning my body for what I am doing now.

Here is my food intake.

2pm Workout

Thoughts, ideas?
Thanks bros

Aggression
09-16-10, 12:23 pm
If you like eating sardines/tuna 3x per day, then keep at it. Otherwise you can mix other sources of protein in there; eggs/egg whites, more chicken, turkey, etc. You might wanna bump up the protein amount in meal 2.

no f*ing around
09-16-10, 12:25 pm
If you like eating sardines/tuna 3x per day, then keep at it. Otherwise you can mix other sources of protein in there; eggs/egg whites, more chicken, turkey, etc. You might wanna bump up the protein amount in meal 2.

LOL I actually don't like it that much so I will try your suggestions.
Thanks

S. Clarida
09-16-10, 12:36 pm

Here is my food intake.

2pm Workout

Thoughts, ideas?
Thanks bros

Personally....I like Meal 6 the most and would probably use that for my meals throughout the day. Just mixed between steak one meal, fish another and/or chicken. You can also mix and match.

Also depends on what your schedule allows you to eat. You may not be able to get a full meal in so smaller items such as a shake/sardines is more suitable for you.

Another suggestion would be to watch the fruits. Lots of sugar and carbs in there.

GK

no f*ing around
09-16-10, 12:37 pm
Personally....I like Meal 6 the most and would probably use that for my meals throughout the day. Just mixed between steak one meal, fish another and/or chicken. You can also mix and match.

Also depends on what your schedule allows you to eat. You may not be able to get a full meal in so smaller items such as a shake/sardines is more suitable for you.

Another suggestion would be to watch the fruits. Lots of sugar and carbs in there.

GK

Apprecate the comments....thanks

Devil
09-17-10, 2:32 pm
Yeah I hate sardines and tuna is just for function I'm not a fan of that either. Lean ground beef, eggs, oats it's all good brother.