PDA

View Full Version : Views on women in bodybuilding or powerlifting...

Blondie Weapon X
09-20-10, 7:50 am
I'm just curious on your opinions with women lifting heavy.
Do you support it? If so, in what way?
Do you think more women should be promoted with Universal and Animal products??
I, myself have fallen in love with their products! I am fairly new to the sport of bodybuilding, but in my short time I have tried several different supplements and I did NOT see much transformation in my body UNTIL I started taking Animal supplements!!!
But I do not see many women being associated with their products, so what are your thoughts on that too!!

ghost
09-20-10, 8:45 am
i fully support women in bodybuilding and powerlifting. i think there is no cooler sight than a woman that can deadlift more than most guys would even try.

Crematia
09-20-10, 9:32 am
I fully support women lifting heavy and I lift as heavy as I can every training session. I agree, it would be nice to see more women associated with Animal products, but I don't think the image or what the products stand for should change in any way in an attempt to cater to women. Chances are any woman that knows about Animal is pretty hardcore to begin with anyhow. I'd love to see an Animal STFU & train poster of a woman squatting or deadlifting heavy. I have seen some pics of ABC's with ladies present.

intoodeep25
09-20-10, 10:02 am
i think it can be one of the hottest things, yet if taken too far one of the nastiest. watching a woman deadlift a good amount of weight or squat good poundages is such a turn on, if she still maintains her womanly figure. a woman that takes care of herself, is serious about her nutrition and training, doesnt make excuses and flat out gets it done is sexy. womens figure and bikini and the like are great imo, but when a woman gets into full on bodybuilding, and starts looking too muscular and almost unnaturally manly, for me, it loses its sexy factor and i become a little worried that shes hiding an adams apple and wants to play a game called "guess my surprise"

FITGYM
09-20-10, 11:18 am
When a female is in shape it is a work of art the way the body comes together

BamBam
09-20-10, 11:26 am
My girl is lifting heavier and harder every week and she is gorgeous.

I support her, she supports me... that's my take

IN IRON,
BB-

Brick By Brick
09-20-10, 11:33 am
I fully support women lifting heavy and I lift as heavy as I can every training session. I agree, it would be nice to see more women associated with Animal products, but I don't think the image or what the products stand for should change in any way in an attempt to cater to women. Chances are any woman that knows about Animal is pretty hardcore to begin with anyhow. I'd love to see an Animal STFU & train poster of a woman squatting or deadlifting heavy. I have seen some pics of ABC's with ladies present.

I would love the be the woman on that poster! I've been powerlifting/doing strongman training for about 3 years, and have been on the Forvm just as long. This year I began competing in highland games, and have a deep passion for all 3 pursuits.
I support women lifting heavy, if she wants to do it, who are we to tell her no? The self-confidence, mental/physical toughness, etc. that heavy training brings with it are priceless. Besides, there have been female strength athletes for ages. Many women in the early 1900's did feats of strength with the men, and some very pretty ladies were involved with strength exhibitions at Muscle Beach in Venice, California, in the 1950's.
People who believe that very strong women are scary and/or masculine are missing the point. Women can do anything, there are 50 year old, and older, female powerlifters! A few of my role models are Jill Mills, Julie Havelka, Shannon Hartnett, all very accomplished, strong, and beautiful women. Not all of us can be cheerleaders, I suppose, it's more fun to fight it out in the arena, IMHO.
It's not my place to say what the U should do with any of its ad campaigns, but I would love to see more women involved in Animal promotions. I'd like to see some female lifters at the Cage during the Arnold and Olympia, let a few of us do a Pros and Joes exhibition.
Animal products work, bottom line. I've been lifting since around 1995, and tried a lot of different brands, and this stuff is the best I've found for the money. Of course, like everyone else, I'd like to get a sponsorship with Animal, it would be a great honor to be part of the team as a strongwoman/highland gamer/powerlifter. I'm all for more women being associated with Animal products.

Blondie Weapon X
09-20-10, 6:38 pm
i fully support women in bodybuilding and powerlifting. i think there is no cooler sight than a woman that can deadlift more than most guys would even try.

Thanks Ghost!!! I also get a huge kick out of lifting either the same and when I can lift even more than the guys!!! It's an awesome feeling!!!

Blondie Weapon X
09-20-10, 6:42 pm

Yep I see nothing wrong with lifting heavy either!! Woman can make some dramatic changes with hard work and proper nutrition!! I agree that the women that know about Animal are pretty hardcore chicks!!

Blondie Weapon X
09-20-10, 6:45 pm

One other thing...at those ABC events there are ALL types of ladies (bodybuilders, powerlifters, fitness, & figure) working out and they all take Animal supplements of one kind or another!!

Blondie Weapon X
09-20-10, 6:47 pm
i think it can be one of the hottest things, yet if taken too far one of the nastiest. watching a woman deadlift a good amount of weight or squat good poundages is such a turn on, if she still maintains her womanly figure. a woman that takes care of herself, is serious about her nutrition and training, doesnt make excuses and flat out gets it done is sexy. womens figure and bikini and the like are great imo, but when a woman gets into full on bodybuilding, and starts looking too muscular and almost unnaturally manly, for me, it loses its sexy factor and i become a little worried that shes hiding an adams apple and wants to play a game called "guess my surprise"

Hahaha...yea some do get pretty scary!! But hey, there are those out there that love that shit!!!

Blondie Weapon X
09-20-10, 6:49 pm
When a female is in shape it is a work of art the way the body comes together

AMEN!!! Look around....how many women are over weight and blame others for it!!! A fit body is Waayyy more pleasing to most ~ right?

Blondie Weapon X
09-20-10, 6:50 pm
My girl is lifting heavier and harder every week and she is gorgeous.

I support her, she supports me... that's my take

IN IRON,
BB-

This time together is so awesome & precious!! This sport can be lonely at times!!
Stay with it!!!

Blondie Weapon X
09-20-10, 6:54 pm
I would love the be the woman on that poster! I've been powerlifting/doing strongman training for about 3 years, and have been on the Forvm just as long. This year I began competing in highland games, and have a deep passion for all 3 pursuits.
I support women lifting heavy, if she wants to do it, who are we to tell her no? The self-confidence, mental/physical toughness, etc. that heavy training brings with it are priceless. Besides, there have been female strength athletes for ages. Many women in the early 1900's did feats of strength with the men, and some very pretty ladies were involved with strength exhibitions at Muscle Beach in Venice, California, in the 1950's.
People who believe that very strong women are scary and/or masculine are missing the point. Women can do anything, there are 50 year old, and older, female powerlifters! A few of my role models are Jill Mills, Julie Havelka, Shannon Hartnett, all very accomplished, strong, and beautiful women. Not all of us can be cheerleaders, I suppose, it's more fun to fight it out in the arena, IMHO.
It's not my place to say what the U should do with any of its ad campaigns, but I would love to see more women involved in Animal promotions. I'd like to see some female lifters at the Cage during the Arnold and Olympia, let a few of us do a Pros and Joes exhibition.
Animal products work, bottom line. I've been lifting since around 1995, and tried a lot of different brands, and this stuff is the best I've found for the money. Of course, like everyone else, I'd like to get a sponsorship with Animal, it would be a great honor to be part of the team as a strongwoman/highland gamer/powerlifter. I'm all for more women being associated with Animal products.

Nicely said!! I think you hit on several of my thoughts!! Thanks for posting your support!! I will look forward in reading more of your post here on the Forvm!!

Beach91
09-20-10, 7:59 pm
I have said in many a post it would be cool to see a second Journey following a woman through her trials n tribulation towards the stage or big powerlifting meet, i think it would be one of the sickest ad campaigns in bodybuilding ever

Brick By Brick
09-20-10, 9:44 pm
I have said in many a post it would be cool to see a second Journey following a woman through her trials n tribulation towards the stage or big powerlifting meet, i think it would be one of the sickest ad campaigns in bodybuilding ever

I could not agree with you more. Training for NAS Nats right now, just saying.

BamBam
09-20-10, 10:54 pm
This time together is so awesome & precious!! This sport can be lonely at times!!
Stay with it!!!

She's my angel.. I ain't goin nowhere. She's the one.

I agree though... it can get lonely. I have just been very blessed..

IN IRON,
BB-

jeff00z28
09-20-10, 11:09 pm
i like chics with some muscle, just not ones that get carried away with too much juice. like rippetoe says "Women who do look like men have taken some rather drastic steps in that direction that have little to do with their exercise program.”

Flash419
09-20-10, 11:24 pm
I'm all for women being able to make the most of their bodies, in whatever they want to do. Bodybuilding, Figure, Powerlifting.. whatever. I think the bigger thing is that your comfortable in your own skin. Too many people are never happy with who or what they are. Be comfortable in your body, but don't be afraid to reach a little higher and become the you , that you want to be. Good luck!

And I agree.. Animal makes a quality product, stick with the best!

intoodeep25
09-20-10, 11:32 pm
molly edwards and hannah the minx johnson are freakin awesome imo. so strong and driven its crazy.

Devil
09-21-10, 1:14 am
The cause and the process isn't gender specific, any and all can flourish through diet, great training, and sheer love for achieving their goals.

Blondie Weapon X
10-06-10, 10:13 pm
Okay let me ask how you feel about women taking Test (not steroids, we'll get to that later).
Are they beneficial to women??

Thunder Chicken
10-06-10, 10:16 pm
Okay let me ask how you feel about women taking Test (not steroids, we'll get to that later).
Are they beneficial to women??

i think if a woman can do go for it! lol but as goes for the test i'm not to sure about that. its just a weird thing lol but if they wanna do shows and get big that's fine i guess.

JGraham
10-07-10, 2:04 am
Finding it attractive or not is beside the point. Anyone, man or woman, who achieves that level of fitness and greatness in their chosen sport deserves respect. I don't think Ms. Olympia was the slightest bit feminine or attractive, but I damn sure respect the work it took to get her there.

On the topic of test... to each their own. Everyone posting here takes supps in one form or another. its your body, do what you want with it. If we cry foul at performance enhancers, we are all hypocrits.