PDA

View Full Version : Goal - My First Successful Cut!

Joe J
09-20-10, 3:15 pm
Hey animals, been a while since i posted here but i just came off a very successful bulk and i'm hopefully entering into a successful cut to get those abs and veins out again!

I'm 16, 172 pounds. I'm trying not to restrict my diet too much as I am young and shouldn't be depriving myself of anything I don't believe. I'm doing 30 - 45 minute cardio 5 times a week. Here's my diet, any critisism would be very much appreciated!

1 - 4 whole eggs, 90g oats, banana, glass of milk
2 - 8 oz chicken, salad
3 - 8 oz chicken, veggies
4 - (pre-workout), 8 oz chicken + 1 baked potato
5 - (post-workout) shake whilst doing cardio
6 - beef/steak/chicken + veggies
7 - cottage cheese + 1 tb spoon peanut butter

thanks guys :)

Devil
09-20-10, 5:58 pm
What are you goals Joe J, what's your target weight, strength gains? I think that's more important than a clean diet or a bunch of cardio. Looks decent though bro.

C.Coronato
09-21-10, 9:55 am
If your cutting, i wouldnt have that much fats AND carbs. Pick one or the other. At your age, i would go with the carbs. Pull out 2 whole eggs, and add in 4 egg whites, so total 4 egg whites and 2 whole. I would allso (personal preference) pull out the baked potato and use a sweet potato instead. Start there. Monitor your weight and aim to lose 1-2 lbs a week. The rest look pretty good.

Pizzalamp
09-21-10, 10:23 pm
wait till u finish your post workout cardio to have the shake

Joe J
09-22-10, 11:34 am
What are you goals Joe J, what's your target weight, strength gains? I think that's more important than a clean diet or a bunch of cardio. Looks decent though bro.
My current goals are losing some body fat before I start clean bulking again. I'd like to get to around 6.5 - 7%.

If your cutting, i wouldnt have that much fats AND carbs. Pick one or the other. At your age, i would go with the carbs. Pull out 2 whole eggs, and add in 4 egg whites, so total 4 egg whites and 2 whole. I would allso (personal preference) pull out the baked potato and use a sweet potato instead. Start there. Monitor your weight and aim to lose 1-2 lbs a week. The rest look pretty good.

Thanks bro, I've made these changes!

Why so? I read somewhere it's good to supplement during cardio then eat an hour later, i will give it a shot though! Does anybody else have any opinions on this?

Aggression
09-22-10, 11:37 am

Why so? I read somewhere it's good to supplement during cardio then eat an hour later, i will give it a shot though! Does anybody else have any opinions on this?

You want your body to feast upon fat (or what's left of glycogen and then fat) to use as energy while doing cardio. If you drink your shake and then start cardio, you'll essentially be providing your body with other fuel to burn (not your body fat).

Joe J
09-22-10, 11:43 am
You want your body to feast upon fat (or what's left of glycogen and then fat) to use as energy while doing cardio. If you drink your shake and then start cardio, you'll essentially be providing your body with other fuel to burn (not your body fat).

Ok thanks, changes have been made. :)