PDA

View Full Version : First Time Cutting

rekcik15
09-21-10, 6:10 am
Just recently i've decided to try a cycle of Animal Cuts. I've never done this before but from reading results ive seen on here and some of my friends personal stories I'm going to try it out. Right now I'm 6'3" and weigh 200lbs. I'm not over weight or "fat" by any means and i have a pretty decent body. I'm looking to get rid of some extra fat on mainly my stomach and chest and get those abs showing thru. I am taking this cut very seriously so any advice or criticism is more than welcome. I've done a lot of reading on these forums to figure out a diet plan and workout routine. First things first, my meals go something like this.

CUTS first thing when I wake up (then a run)
Meal #1:Shake
Meal #2:Oatmeal
3 eggwhites/2 yolks
Meal #3:Brown Rice(1c)
Chicken breast
CUTS again
Meal #4 Grapes
Salad + Vinegaratte
Meal #5 PWO shake
Meal #6 Chicken
Green beans
Banana
Meal #7 Shake

I'm sure this can be improved greatly. Like i said I'm new to this so I will take any advice that people will give me. Right now I am only taking wheybolic protein after workouts and Cuts. (Also Jack3d before workouts). As far as the shakes go It only a shake with protein and vitamins (instant breakfast stuff) and obviously im looking for something better than that. What are some things people use as their protein shakes? is it the same as a PWO shake? I'm only onto my second day of the cycle so its not too late to change things.

Ohhh also I'm lifting 3-4 times a week around 4pm (about 2 hrs after my second cut of the day) Iknow this is a diet thread but if anyone feels like helpin me out with workout stuff? Iknow how to workout, im not new to that, but if i do more ab workouts will it increase the fat loss on my stomach or does it matter? Also for cardio i run in the morning for about 20 mins after Cuts then again before my workout quickly to get the HR up. Any suggestions on when to do cardio while cutting or certain cardio workouts to do to maximize the cut.

Iknow i asked alot of questions and thanks for reading. Thanks ahead of time for any advice/help.

Pizzalamp
09-21-10, 10:10 am
Hello

I would just eat your brekfast right after your run-skip the shake
make the eggs the night b4 then just pop in the microwave b4 you eat-add a small handful of blueberries or grapefruit to that meal

skip the grapes and replace with some protein-i.e. turkey, tuna, salmon, chicken, or lean red meat

post workout-have some protein and carbs...you could do chicken and rice, or egg whites and oatmeal, or whey and oatmeal

-drop the bannana and add some healthy fat, like olive oil, advocadoe, nuts, etc
b4 bed have another small meal, like cottage cheese and nuts
or chicken breast w/ veggies and olive oil
basically protein n healthy fat and fiberous veggies

try to run for 30 mins when u run in the morning-but dont overdo the running
also try to incorporate steady state cardio and interval cardio-all are good
i would shoot for 3-4 days cardio-u can alway increase over time when u plateu w weight loss

dont overdo the abs
hit a lower ab exercise, overall ab exercise, and an oblique exercise
my fav routine is
bench knee ups or hanging reverese crunch-3 sets of 20
ab wheel rollouts or bosu ball crunch-3 sets 20
hanging wipers or russian twists-3 sets 20 per side
plank-1 set of 5 mins
twice a week is good-u cant spot reduce

rekcik15
09-21-10, 6:44 pm
Thanks for the advice. I took all of it and switched up my diet. Im feeling pretty good about it now. The only thing i noticed is that i'm feeling really tired the past two days physically. It was very hard to finish my workout today just bc my body was weak and i didnt feel like i had alot of energy. Is this bc of those fats i was missing before? or something else...

Pizzalamp
09-21-10, 10:23 pm
if youre still feeling tired-bump up the protein a bit, bump up the fats a bit
u could add some more eggs to breakfast, and add some more fats-like peanut butter to your post workout meal
dont worry about mixing fats and carbs-im ripped to the bone and i eat fats post workout with my carbs
try and get in 6-7 meals a day

Mauricio
09-22-10, 4:53 am
-there's not fat spot reduction, so if cuts doesn't make you show off your abs you'll still need to do more cutting. get an accurate bf% reading first.
-where's the cardio? i might be blind but i don't see it listed anywhere. 90% of a cut consists on burning calories at a specific heart rate while being on a caloric deficit throughout the day. a can of cuts ain't no miracle pill.
-if you knew how to work out you wouldn't be at 200lb wanting a cut (specially not at your height).

not being harsh bro, we're all here to help each other out but seems like you have to read up a lot more first.

Devil
09-22-10, 4:59 am
Good luck brother...

rekcik15
09-22-10, 11:06 am
-there's not fat spot reduction, so if cuts doesn't make you show off your abs you'll still need to do more cutting. get an accurate bf% reading first.
-where's the cardio? i might be blind but i don't see it listed anywhere. 90% of a cut consists on burning calories at a specific heart rate while being on a caloric deficit throughout the day. a can of cuts ain't no miracle pill.
-if you knew how to work out you wouldn't be at 200lb wanting a cut (specially not at your height).

not being harsh bro, we're all here to help each other out but seems like you have to read up a lot more first.

I'm doing cardio in the morning for 30 mins of running right after I wake up and take my Cuts. Then i have my first meal of my eggs, oatmeal, and blueberries. Does that sound right or should i switch things around a bit? (Also workout in the afternoon with a small amount fo running as a warmup) As far as spot reduction I realized it isnt possible. Im just doing a good ab workout twice a week and a shorter ab workouts everyday.

Iv'e been working out for 5 years pretty seriously thru football (played receiver in HS), not anything like body building tho. I'm not fat at all except for some fat on my stomach mainly and a little on my chest. As far as muscle goes im pretty average. I dont lift for heavy weights right now, more to keep in shape and gain muscle, but i can bench 225 and squat and clean a big amount as well. I'm pretty lean, just looking for more asthetic results on my abs and chest.

No offense taken bro. Thank you