PDA

View Full Version : G Diesel stole my yam!

rev8ball
09-22-10, 12:05 pm
Okay, maybe he didn't "steal" it, but more on that later....

Didn't get time to post anything yesterday after I got back to Sin City about the great ABC we had in Venice. So, here we go....

Had a great trip across the desert with two of my friends (TheBaroness being one of them), and made pretty good time. Met up with my brother (RhinoJoe) and my sis-in-law in Corona, and made the trip to Venice. Could not believe the fog that we drove into as we approached the beaches. My brother said it was normal; I thought we were in fucking England!

Got to the Mecca and met up with everyone else. Got all of our "hellos" in, and then it was time to get serious. Put together my workout drink (EAA Stack & Gatorade), and started hitting it..... back day...... ugh

This Golds is a lot bigger that one would first believe. I loved the pics of all of the famous, old lifters on the walls, along with the jerseys.... sweet stuff. Great variety of equipment; they even have an outdoor section with bags, etc. But it was just cool to say that I lifted in the Mecca!

Did the post-workout pics out in front of the gym, and then it was time to head over to the Firehouse. Awesome place, and it wasn't busy. So, we all take over a 1/3 of the place, move some tables, and sat down. Huge menu, and great selection. We place our orders, and they started getting the plates out to us pretty quick.

At one point, the waitress brings out a plate with a 6 oz buffalo patty, 8 oz of egg whites, and a yam. Turns out both G and I ordered the same thing! I insisted that G take it, and of course, he was appreciative. The waitress said mine would soon follow. After about another 15 minutes, and everyone else had their food, the waitress comes over to me and said they forgot to place my order, and that it would be right out. Hmmmm, now I'm thinking... Sevearl more mintues go by, and the waitress comes out again and said that my order would soon be out, and that I wouldn't be charged for it, BUT.... they were out of Yams! So, I got a side of pasta, and she finally brought it out several minutes later. By this time, I was so hungry that I was more ornery than a carb-depleted Vinnie.

We walked back to Golds, said our good-byes, and I went back into the gym to by a Venice Golds t-shirt (had to....lol!). Drove back to my brother's, and went to bed. Could not sleep (totaled about an hour the whole night). Got up at 5 am, ate my breakfast, hopped into the truck, and headed back to Vegas.

All-in-all, it was a great trip, and I want to thank Universal for taking such good care of us. We all had a great time, esp my friends who have never been to an ABC before. Thanks again so much, and I'm looking forward to this weekend!

T. Kemble
09-22-10, 12:46 pm
Gotta remember that G is from the East Coast counterpart of Sin City.... I mean i just got caught up on Boardwalk Empire on HBO and from what I can tell so far, guys from that part of town dont play around!! HAHA

C.Coronato
09-22-10, 1:17 pm
Haha thats the Truth Tek. Dont mess around with a hungry young mans carbs.

rev8ball
09-22-10, 3:44 pm
Nah, he was totally appreciative when I told him to take the plate, and I would wait for mine. It was the restuarant that ran out of yams, of all things, in a food place dedicate to bodybuilders!

rev8ball
09-22-10, 3:45 pm
Dont mess around with a hungry young mans carbs.

LOL, exactly my point - I was about to start flipping tables by the time they got my food out to me!

FITGYM
09-22-10, 4:55 pm
sorry I missed it.

G Diesel
09-23-10, 1:51 pm
Gotta remember that G is from the East Coast counterpart of Sin City.... I mean i just got caught up on Boardwalk Empire on HBO and from what I can tell so far, guys from that part of town dont play around!! HAHA

Truth.

Haha thats the Truth Tek. Dont mess around with a hungry young mans carbs.

Fact.

Nah, he was totally appreciative when I told him to take the plate, and I would wait for mine. It was the restuarant that ran out of yams, of all things, in a food place dedicate to bodybuilders!

I owe you some slow burning crabs my brother. Haha. Had the same meal the next day at the Firehouse. Can't beat such a clean meal (and tasty too). I need it to counterbalance the raw McGraw filth.

Peace, G

Crematia
09-23-10, 4:03 pm
C'mon you don't want more cinnabuns? :p

G Diesel
09-24-10, 12:03 am
C'mon you don't want more cinnabuns? :p

My physique says NO (but my heart says yes).

Peace, G

Thrawn
09-24-10, 4:03 am
The person who invented the cinnabun most be awarded several pounds of medals and a statue.
Even the mighty G Diesel is not immune to its charms =)