PDA

View Full Version : Cutting

Felo7
09-22-10, 11:06 pm
I'm doing my first cut down and I was hopping you could give me some advise on the training.

I am resting only 30 sec between sets and I decreased the weight I was doing before. I do 4 exercises, 4 sets of each and between 10-14 reps, as many as I can.

Is this ok?

As far as cardio goes (FUCK CARDIO BTW) I am doing 15 min at the end of my weight training.

I train 5 times per week and I do one body part per day.

Any suggestions are welcome, even if it means having to increase my cardio.

Keep in mind I want to lose fat NOT muscle!

Thanks,

Peace

Devil
09-23-10, 3:14 pm
It's very very difficult to lose fat and gain muscle, I think you're workout is okay, I would add a exercise or 2 get your different exercises to about 6 so you can hit each body part from all angles. Your cardio is pretty low so your diet better be on point, more cardio gives more wiggle room for the diet. Just my thoughts.

BarbellManiac
09-23-10, 9:13 pm
Don't increase reps. Stick to heavy weights.

Mauricio
09-24-10, 6:31 am
4 exercises, 4 sets, 10 reps. that's like 160 reps per muscle group, and on top of that you add 15min of cardio? let me introduce you to my dearest friend, his name is overtraining. cardio doesn't go well if you only do 15min, even on an empty stomach it takes somewhere between 20-40min of high paced cardio to burn a decent amount of fat, that and having a caloric deficit throughout the day. sorry to say this, but adding 2 more exercises to a 4 exercise routine isn't sound advice.

MRmichael.hooker
09-26-10, 3:24 pm
Don't increase reps. Stick to heavy weights.

Ditto. "A marathon runner wouldn't switch to a tredmil the week before a marathon. They keep training just like they have been the whole time. So why would you just change your training? Stick to what got you those muscles in the first place, heavy weight" - OX

MRmichael.hooker
09-26-10, 3:25 pm
I would suggest bro ramping up the 15mins to at least 20. no more than 30mins. Youre getting a good heart rate/cardio burn during your workouts with the 30sec rests. How is your diet? That is numero uno before any training advice

rmt0512
09-28-10, 12:26 am
Definitely up your cardio to 20-45 minutes each session.