PDA

View Full Version : Best Protein Powder

steveringer08
09-27-10, 12:44 am
Hey guys, I'm looking for an awesome protein that has the least amount of cholesterol, heart disease runs in my family.

Howitzer
09-27-10, 12:56 am
SportPharma's "Just Whey" has 39 mg of cholesterol per serving. Which is 13% of the RDA. That's not too bad. There are many other brands and types of protein out there, but you'll have to look those up as we cannot discuss them here. Hope that helps.

jrh0341
09-27-10, 1:53 am
whatever kind you get, you may want to look for one of the brands thats all whey isolate, not whey concnetrate. Look at the ingredients on the back. Some will say isolate but on the ingredients it will still be a mix of isolate and concentrate. I can think of two brnads off the top of my head that are all isolate.

now, I am not one of the guys that thinks that isolate is "superior" to concentrate in terms of nutrition or gains, like many brands claim; however I have been told (and found for myself) that isolate is easier to digest and easier on your stomach.

Basically Whey isolate = less bloated gassy feeling, less protein farts.

AntoineV
09-27-10, 2:04 am
Hey guys, I'm looking for an awesome protein that has the least amount of cholesterol, heart disease runs in my family.

did you know that saturated fats in the diet are the cause of high cholesterol and actually ''not'' the cholesterol in the food? Like the egg for an example... even if you eat 5 eggs everyday but you eat lean meats and good fatty acids you will have flawless cholesterol...

AntoineV
09-27-10, 2:04 am

If you are looking for the leanest of proteins, Protein isolates will suit you best

mritter3
09-27-10, 8:24 am
universal nutrition's iso whey is a solid pick man..

steveringer08
09-27-10, 10:00 pm
universal nutrition's iso whey is a solid pick man..

any place i can get it fairly cheap?

metfan
09-27-10, 10:30 pm
bb.com has 5lbs for less than 40 bucks.

Decent enough price, but not from the US so not sure what pricing would be like there.

I currently use this as well.

steveringer08
09-27-10, 11:05 pm
i cant find it at all on prosource.net or vitadigest.com

metfan
09-29-10, 9:23 pm
i cant find it at all on prosource.net or vitadigest.com

Check out this link. Great prices, decent shipping and all the UN/Animal products you can need.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/uwp.html

steveringer08
09-30-10, 10:01 pm
what all should i put in my shakes that can work for a meal replacement/preworkout/postworkout shake? i was thinking iso whey but what else can i add?

currently my shakes consist of GNC wheybolic 60 and their ultra men sport vitamin powder. id like to switch to all universal products, i trust them since my dad has been using their products and animal products since 1985.

any advice is appreciated!

beverlyann
12-08-10, 6:48 am
Well, I think Whey Protein Isolate is best protein powder. This protein is devoid of fat, carbohydrates, sugars and cholesterol. It is good for you because it is rapidly absorbed, taste good and can come in flavors of chocolate or vanilla, naturally sweet, and very high protein content, so you can feel full longer.

C.Coronato
12-09-10, 9:55 am
what all should i put in my shakes that can work for a meal replacement/preworkout/postworkout shake? i was thinking iso whey but what else can i add?

currently my shakes consist of GNC wheybolic 60 and their ultra men sport vitamin powder. id like to switch to all universal products, i trust them since my dad has been using their products and animal products since 1985.

any advice is appreciated!

MRP - I would do something like PB, Milk, Oats, Banana.
Postworkout - Add in CarboPlus and EAA Stack, Creatine from your carbs, aminos and flavoring.

nencyderaheja
12-10-10, 5:45 pm
You can try for the Optimum Natural protein powder, it is made of fully natural ingredients so it does not taste or smell weird plus the fact that it is hard to argue with natural ingredients. This is the best option for getting the Protein with amount of cholesterol to your family.

jamenixon
12-11-10, 9:32 am
Whey protein powder has become the most popular in the market. Its prescribes range from bodybuilders to dieters to those who simply enjoy a healthy lifestyle.

happydevas
12-18-10, 7:03 am
Protein powders the most powerful on the market Myotein is stuffed full of large amounts of protein, more in fact than any other product on the market. This means you will have better results because your body can absorb more protein, more protein when not leave you with results essentially empty and work halfway.