PDA

View Full Version : The ANIMAL BARBELL CLUB T-Shirt

naturalguy
09-28-10, 9:34 am
Check out the sweet ABC shirt, everyone who came to the Olympia ABC event got one.

I am wearing the official ABC T-Shirt on the left. The House is rocking a special limited edition version that was created for the Regional ABC in Cleveland on the right. What do you think of my t-shirt?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Animal%20Road%20Trip%202010/Olympia%20ABC%202010/ABC080.jpg

Here is another pic of the official ABC t-shirt:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Animal%20Road%20Trip%202010/Olympia%20ABC%202010/ABC100.jpg

Here's G rocking his.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Animal%20Road%20Trip%202010/Olympia%20ABC%202010/ABC093.jpg

bdb1513
09-28-10, 9:38 am
i think i want one eric lol. they are pretty sick

mritter3
09-28-10, 9:43 am
very cool shirt...wish i could have made it out there.

Blondie Weapon X
09-28-10, 9:52 am
Check out the sweet ABC shirt, everyone who came to the Olympia ABC event got one.

I am wearing the official ABC T-Shirt on the left. The House is rocking a special limited edition version that was created for the Regional ABC in Cleveland on the right. What do you think of my t-shirt?

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Animal%20Road%20Trip%202010/Olympia%20ABC%202010/ABC080.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Animal%20Road%20Trip%202010/Olympia%20ABC%202010/ABC100.jpg

Here's G rocking his:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r217/er1994/Animal%20Road%20Trip%202010/Olympia%20ABC%202010/ABC093.jpg

GREAT shirts!! Helps explain what ABC means!!! lol!!!!
We need corporate office to keep/make these available to order online too!!

C.Coronato
09-28-10, 10:15 am
Great shirt NG!

ghost
09-28-10, 10:16 am
such a sweet shirt.!

J-Dawg
09-28-10, 10:20 am
Love the ABC shirt. It sparked up a great conversation with the person who sat next to me on the plane ride home after the ABC. Good times.

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 10:32 am
Love the ABC shirt. It sparked up a great conversation with the person who sat next to me on the plane ride home after the ABC. Good times.

And..... ?

J-Dawg
09-28-10, 10:42 am
And..... ?

He was very impressed with what Animal does. He's a fan of bodybuilding and uses a number of products but had never heard of a company going to the extent that Animal does to support its fans via The Cage and the ABCs in particular. Just had a very enlightening chat with him on the way back to Philly. Made the typical boring plane ride quite interesting.

D-NUTZ
09-28-10, 10:45 am
Are these gonna be available in the shop anytime soon?? These are sweet.

shizz702
09-28-10, 10:48 am
Damn that shirt is epic! Too bad I couldn't make it to the ABC, if you they would have been available at the Cage I would have got one for sure. Lol I bought every t shirt for sale there, except for the Iconics, which I course already had haha!

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 11:04 am
He was very impressed with what Animal does. He's a fan of bodybuilding and uses a number of products but had never heard of a company going to the extent that Animal does to support its fans via The Cage and the ABCs in particular. Just had a very enlightening chat with him on the way back to Philly. Made the typical boring plane ride quite interesting.

I agree. What the fellas do at Corporate is very different than what anyone else does in the industry... Maybe even outside the industry as well. The level of involvement between Animal and the fans... Amazing I think. But could ya imagine tell NG or G that they can't get their hands dirty and go to ABCs and the like? Haha... It's a labor of love, as corny as that might sound, eh?

Mr. Dead
09-28-10, 11:10 am
Definitely diggin' the shirt!!! Animal has an unparalleled interaction with it's fans/customers/family... I've never seen such acessablility... The pros and veterans interacting with everyone... From their peers all the way down to the greenest newbie... Simply outstanding...

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 11:12 am
Definitely diggin' the shirt!!! Animal has an unparalleled interaction with it's fans/customers/family... I've never seen such acessablility... The pros and veterans interacting with everyone... From their peers all the way down to the greenest newbie... Simply outstanding...

This is the Animal Way. Family. Brotherhood. Respect.

Razor
09-28-10, 11:17 am
This is the Animal Way. Family. Brotherhood. Respect.

This whole post should be on the back of the shirt. It's Animal's message and goal wrapped in one package.

G Diesel
09-28-10, 11:20 am
Love the new ABC shirts, definitely looking forward to seeing them pop up around the country at various ABC events.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 11:24 am
This whole post should be on the back of the shirt. It's Animal's message and goal wrapped in one package.

Now that's a solid idea... Some words that represent what the ABCs and Animal are all about.

Razor
09-28-10, 11:25 am
Now that's a solid idea... Some words that represent what the ABCs and Animal are all about.

Exactly!

Shukin
09-28-10, 11:29 am
Very nice shirts, gotta get the japan chapter rolling to rock one of those bad boys

Shukin

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 11:30 am
Exactly!

Ya got the ABCs. They stand for Animal, Barbell, Club.

They also represent "building blocks" so to speak, like those wooden alphabet blocks kids played with, used to start learning how to read and write. The basics, the ABCs, There's a double meaning here...

So the ABCs represent the basic buildin' blocks of the Animal brand, the way ya engage with the brand and learn the language so to speak, understand what it truly means to be Animal and what the word represents. What does it stand for? Anyone who's been to one knows... It's open to anyone. It's about learning, treating everyone like family, one big brotherhood based on support and respect. No bullshit.

Sprint
09-28-10, 11:31 am
Awesome shirt. I want one.

Razor
09-28-10, 11:37 am

They also represent "building blocks" so to speak, like those wooden alphabet blocks kids played with, used to start learning how to read and write. The basics, the ABCs, There's a double meaning here...

So the ABCs represent the basic buildin' blocks of the Animal brand, the way ya engage with the brand and learn the language so to speak, understand what it truly means to be Animal and what the word represents. What does it stand for? Anyone who's been to one knows... It's open to anyone. It's about learning, treating everyone like family, one big brotherhood based on support and respect. No bullshit.

Great post Rep. Messages like this are definitely processed through our minds whenever we attend an ABC or now, put on the shirt. It's basically the Forvm, but now in a 50/50 Tee.

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 11:43 am
Great post Rep. Messages like this are definitely processed through our minds whenever we attend an ABC or now, put on the shirt. It's basically the Forvm, but now in a 50/50 Tee.

I call it like I see it, brother...

I posted this elsewhere. Many people think Animal Ts are cool and so they pick one up here or on BB.com or wherever so that they can sport 'em in the gym. Ain't nothing wrong with that. But when you become part of the Animal family, when you come to an ABC to train and share a meal afterwards, when you sign up on the FORVM and become one of the Legion, then you understand that Animal is so much more than that t-shirt with the A logo on it. Once you understand what Animal is truly about, that t-shirt, that logo takes on a whole new level of meaning. It's why we're all here on the FORVM, ain't it? It's why I've repped the brand for many years now. They are more than a supp company. Corporate GETS it...

Mr. Dead
09-28-10, 11:57 am
I call it like I see it, brother...

I posted this elsewhere. Many people think Animal Ts are cool and so they pick one up here or on BB.com or wherever so that they can sport 'em in the gym. Ain't nothing wrong with that. But when you become part of the Animal family, when you come to an ABC to train and share a meal afterwards, when you sign up on the FORVM and become one of the Legion, then you understand that Animal is so much more than that t-shirt with the A logo on it. Once you understand what Animal is truly about, that t-shirt, that logo takes on a whole new level of meaning. It's why we're all here on the FORVM, ain't it? It's why I've repped the brand for many years now. They are more than a supp company. Corporate GETS it...

Exactly...

wedge
09-28-10, 1:23 pm
Are these going to be available in the forum, are are we going to have to hold another ABC in CT?

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 2:09 pm
Are these going to be available in the forum, are are we going to have to hold another ABC in CT?

How should it be done?

Razor
09-28-10, 2:28 pm
How should it be done?

Should definitely be forvm members only....i don't know if you guys want to send out an email blast or set the link here in the forvm. Either way it will allow only us to purchase them. Then send rcrott out to kill anyone that buys it without being registered here.

machineman
09-28-10, 2:31 pm
I have mine from the Cleveland ABC. First time I wore it to the Y, got asked a bunch of questions about it. Definitely needs to remain an ABC only item....just my $.02!

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 2:32 pm
Should definitely be forvm members only....i don't know if you guys want to send out an email blast or set the link here in the forvm. Either way it will allow only us to purchase them. Then send rcrott out to kill anyone that buys it without being registered here.

What if ur a FORVM member who has never attended an ABC? I think the majority of folks here have not...

Should ya be able to purchase one? Or earn one somehow?

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 2:33 pm
I have mine from the Cleveland ABC. First time I wore it to the Y, got asked a bunch of questions about it. Definitely needs to remain an ABC only item....just my $.02!

The only way you could do that would be to give 'em out/sell 'em at ABC events themselves. If you put 'em up in The Shop, anyone could theoretically buy one...

machineman
09-28-10, 2:35 pm
The only way you could do that would be to give 'em out/sell 'em at ABC events themselves. If you put 'em up in The Shop, anyone could theoretically buy one...

True....Maybe after the Cage at the Arnold, hold them back for new ABC attendees...not sure how best to dot it!

Razor
09-28-10, 2:37 pm
What if ur a FORVM member who has never attended an ABC? I think the majority of folks here have not...

Should ya be able to purchase one? Or earn one somehow?

Hmmm i mean i guess we could hand out a bunch to the heads of each chapter and pass them out at the ABC's?? I do like your idea of "earning it".

Mr. Dead
09-28-10, 2:41 pm
Or earn one somehow?

This... But, then comes the question... How...??? Participation...??? Going above and beyond to promote the ABC's...??? Helping another brother/sister get to an ABC...??? Recruitment tally...???

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 2:45 pm
True....Maybe after the Cage at the Arnold, hold them back for new ABC attendees...not sure how best to dot it!

Hmmm i mean i guess we could hand out a bunch to the heads of each chapter and pass them out at the ABC's?? I do like your idea of "earning it".

This... But, then comes the question... How...??? Participation...??? Going above and beyond to promote the ABC's...??? Helping another brother/sister get to an ABC...??? Recruitment tally...???

That's one idea, brother. I'm guessin' you'll have 100+ at the National ABC in C-Bus...

If ya sell 'em in The Shop, you can get more fellas wearin' em. On the other hand, by keeping the shirts more selective, they mean more for the fellas who are sporting 'em. So, is there value in earning them? If so, how?

I suppose you could create a special code for 'em and only ABC Coordinators would know about 'em. Then, they could give you the code so that you could buy one in The Shop? I dunno.

wedge
09-28-10, 2:47 pm

This would make the most sense, as that way the people wearing them would have participated in an ABC. Or, for the ABC's where someone from corporate can get to, sell 'em for a few bucks. I'd be on board.
I wore my Bring the House Down, Hartford Europa ABC shirt to the gym Friday in honor of the House competing at the O.

Mr. Dead
09-28-10, 2:47 pm
On the other hand, by keeping the shirts more selective, they mean more for the fellas who are sporting 'em. So, is there value in earning them? If so, how?

This...

G Diesel
09-28-10, 2:54 pm
If ya sell 'em in The Shop, you can get more fellas wearin' em. On the other hand, by keeping the shirts more selective, they mean more for the fellas who are sporting 'em. So, is there value in earning them? If so, how?

By holding big ABC events. Have an event with 20 or more confirmed attendees and The U will send you some shirts. Or you come out to the big events, like the National ABC in Columbus.

Peace, G

Mr. Dead
09-28-10, 2:54 pm
By holding big ABC events. Have an event with 20 or more confirmed attendees and The U will send you some shirts. Or you come out to the big events, like the National ABC in Columbus.

Peace, G

That would be good...

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 3:01 pm

Peace, G

That sounds like a solid idea. Give individual ABC Chapters a reason to try and earn 'em. Or, pick one up at one of the larger Regional ABCs or the National ABC Event.

FITGYM
09-28-10, 3:14 pm
I say keep it for those who attend ABC's, host ABC's, and are active on the boards

Beowulf
09-28-10, 3:22 pm
I'm down for one. Where do I sign up?

Flash419
09-28-10, 3:41 pm
I got one of these at the Iron Asylum ABC in Cleveland... awesome shirt and long overdue..

The ABCs are growing with each session.. Animal / Universal is a great company with great products. Animal stands behind us.. we stand behind Animal.

ANIMAL FOR LIFE!

Razor
09-28-10, 3:45 pm
I say keep it for those who attend ABC's, host ABC's, and are active on the boards

Hmmm board activity could be another deciding factor in this. That would work too.

naturalguy
09-28-10, 3:50 pm
In my opinion they should be exclusive to Animal Barbell Club members, they should be earned by attending ABC events.

Big C
09-28-10, 3:51 pm
I was very happy to receive the new ABC shirt at the Regional ABC in Cleveland not too long ago. I feel like I've earned it being a member of the ABC movement since November of 07.....I would really feel stupid wearing a shirt around like this if I didn't know what it stood for. It's much more than just a "shirt" or "Club."

I agree with most of the posters....this isn't something that should be sold in the Shop like the Iconic shirts and everything else. The ABC movement means a lot to me......friends, discipline, training, consistency, dedication, knowing what Animal stands for.

Beowulf
09-28-10, 3:54 pm
I was very happy to receive the new ABC shirt at the Regional ABC in Cleveland not too long ago. I feel like I've earned it being a member of the ABC movement since November of 07.....I would really feel stupid wearing a shirt around like this if I didn't know what it stood for. It's much more than just a "shirt" or "Club."

I agree with most of the posters....this isn't something that should be sold in the Shop like the Iconic shirts and everything else. The ABC movement means a lot to me......friends, discipline, training, consistency, dedication, knowing what Animal stands for.

Many wear an Animal t-shirt without fully realizing what that words means. Just saying;)

Flash419
09-28-10, 3:54 pm
In my opinion they should be exclusive to Animal Barbell Club members, they should be earned by attending ABC events.

I agree!!!

naturalguy
09-28-10, 3:56 pm

ABC's are something that you have to experience in person. It's one thing to read about it or see pictures but to be there is a different kind of feeling.

A few of our distributors from very far away came to the ABC event on Sunday. They were from Malaysia and Macua, they were really excited to see what we do and how we do it. They even got in the mix and worked out. They were amazed at the energy, enthusiasm and the bond that we all had together.

Razor
09-28-10, 3:59 pm
ABC's are something that you have to experience in person. It's one thing to read about it or see pictures but to be there is a different kind of feeling.

A few of our distributors from very far away came to the ABC event on Sunday. They were from Malaysia and Macua, they were really excited to see what we do and how we do it. They even got in the mix and worked out. They were amazed at the energy, enthusiasm and the bond that we all had together.

Completely agree. The feeling is completely different than just going in to workout. It's building friendships and strengthening brotherhoods. I've seen it first hand at our ABC's here in Chitown and ive seen it even bigger at the Arnold!

Nix0r
09-28-10, 4:00 pm

Peace, G

I like these, especially G's idea. If you can get a large group of Animals to lift or participate in an event... you know... like a plane pull (is this a shameless Chicago ABC plug? I think so), and really demonstrate what it means to be Animal, I'd be in favor of some shirts being sent out.

ghost
09-28-10, 4:06 pm
Having worked pretty closely with G and C Coronato, I have attended, and hosted, quite a number of ABC's.

I have seen MANY people come and go... never to come back to another training session with me again.

Our Detroit crew has a solid foundation. LKJ, Mjsef, R.Bearse, Roush, and myself.

There have been a few people that can match my intensity and drive in the gym.... Nixor being one of the primary out of staters that does it best.

I had the honor of getting to train with C.Coronato on Sunday at the ABC, and this guy is truly hardcore. No fucking around. get the shit done and move on. i loved every second of it.

yeah. we took longer than normal because we were also shooting video and pictures for corporate, but we did what needed to be done.

The greatest comment ever about a Detroit abc came from G Diesel himself... he attended one of our sessions here in the D... as did many Canadian members, and members from Ohio and Indiana and Chicago.
Me and the Chicago crew got to our power rack. and never left it.
The Intensity that was being emitted from our area was insane. That day i hit a 615 Static Start Suspended Good Morning. as well as 1055 Static hold.
We even scared away an IFBB competitor.

G was talking with one of the other guys afterwards and said, "if you want a true hardcore, balls to the wall training session...come to Detroit. Otherwise, just stay home."

The ABC's are more about getting together and lifting. They are an extension of this family.
My best friends in the entire world have been made by this board, and the ABC's. I know that on a moments notice i can call upon any one of them and have them here asap for help... and they know the same of me.

You want the shirt, Earn it.

Nix0r
09-28-10, 4:08 pm
Having worked pretty closely with G and C Coronato, I have attended, and hosted, quite a number of ABC's.

I have seen MANY people come and go... never to come back to another training session with me again.

Our Detroit crew has a solid foundation. LKJ, Mjsef, R.Bearse, Roush, and myself.

There have been a few people that can match my intensity and drive in the gym.... Nixor being one of the primary out of staters that does it best.

I had the honor of getting to train with C.Coronato on Sunday at the ABC, and this guy is truly hardcore. No fucking around. get the shit done and move on. i loved every second of it.

yeah. we took longer than normal because we were also shooting video and pictures for corporate, but we did what needed to be done.

The greatest comment ever about a Detroit abc came from G Diesel himself... he attended one of our sessions here in the D... as did many Canadian members, and members from Ohio and Indiana and Chicago.
The Intensity that was being emitted from our area was insane. That day i hit a 615 Static Start Suspended Good Morning. as well as 1055 Static hold.

G was talking with one of the other guys afterwards and said, "if you want a true hardcore, balls to the wall training session...come to Detroit. Otherwise, just stay home."

The ABC's are more about getting together and lifting. They are an extension of this family.
My best friends in the entire world have been made by this board, and the ABC's. I know that on a moments notice i can call upon any one of them and have them here asap for help... and they know the same of me.

Fucking. Beautiful.

Razor
09-28-10, 4:11 pm

Nicely put.

kryptiq
09-28-10, 4:20 pm
Nice shirts, and personally even though I haven't been to an ABC the shirt would mean more to me if I got one when I finally attend one. Why? Memories that simple.

Oh and ABC in NYC or on LI possibly NG? Hmmmm ;) Threads have been inactive >=(

naturalguy
09-28-10, 4:29 pm
Nice shirts, and personally even though I haven't been to an ABC the shirt would mean more to me if I got one when I finally attend one. Why? Memories that simple.

Its been a while, we need to plan something

Nix0r
09-28-10, 4:38 pm

If they have been inactive, bump them back up. Try and spur some interest. If you do that, you can probably attract some people not just from Long Island.

I've made trips around Illinois, to Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan, because I was able to fit them into my schedule, and the experiences and camaraderie that is shared there is seldom-matched.

Rob said before, and I'll say it as well: "My best friends in the entire world have been made by this board, and the ABC's. I know that on a moments notice i can call upon any one of them and have them here asap for help... and they know the same of me"

I've told Rob, if he ever needs me to be in Detroit, to let me know, and I will make it happen. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me that he's a 6-hour drive away.

I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am at today without the ABCs.

Razor
09-28-10, 4:44 pm

Definitely a part of that club.

kryptiq
09-28-10, 4:46 pm
If they have been inactive, bump them back up. Try and spur some interest. If you do that, you can probably attract some people not just from Long Island.

I've made trips around Illinois, to Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan, because I was able to fit them into my schedule, and the experiences and camaraderie that is shared there is seldom-matched.

Rob said before, and I'll say it as well: "My best friends in the entire world have been made by this board, and the ABC's. I know that on a moments notice i can call upon any one of them and have them here asap for help... and they know the same of me"

I've told Rob, if he ever needs me to be in Detroit, to let me know, and I will make it happen. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me that he's a 6-hour drive away.

That's amazing and as you were typing it I bumped the NYC thread, I've already bumped the LI thread int he past. My guess is more people would show to a well known NYC gym. It's also probably much more convenient.

As for the friends I don't doubt it people seem pretty awesome and supportive here, would be 10x more awesome in person.

G Diesel
09-28-10, 5:05 pm

That is about as strong a statement as I've ever heard about anything. Good shit bro.

Peace, G

Beowulf
09-28-10, 5:07 pm

Very well spoken.

How about on the front the new logo and on the back, "Brotherhood. No Bullshit"?

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 5:29 pm

Great sentiments brother. Your chapter was one of the first along with Chitown... That's something to be proud of...

Sprint
09-28-10, 6:12 pm
As much as I want a shirt, I like the idea of earning it at an ABC event.
Even though it means it might be a few years before I earn mine, it'd be worth it because let's be honest, if they go up for general sale then you'll be seeing everybody in the gym wearing them.

Which would be great if everybody in the gym were true Animals.

But how many of us wants to see an idiot sitting on a bench taking 5 minutes between sets updating his facebook status on his phone whilst wearing an ABC shirt?

There are better ways to pay for something than just punching in your credit card details.
Good things come to those who wait.

Earn it.

Universal Rep
09-28-10, 6:15 pm
As much as I want a shirt, I like the idea of earning it at an ABC event.
Even though it means it might be a few years before I earn mine, it'd be worth it because let's be honest, if they go up for general sale then you'll be seeing everybody in the gym wearing them.

Which would be great if everybody in the gym were true Animals.

But how many of us wants to see an idiot sitting on a bench taking 5 minutes between sets updating his facebook status on his phone whilst wearing an ABC shirt?

There are better ways to pay for something than just punching in your credit card details.
Good things come to those who wait.

Earn it.

A few years? How so brother?

We got two chapters in England...
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11558
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19910

Or is it that ya just don't feel you're ready for it? Like I said before, ABCs are inclusive. Everyone is welcome...

Sprint
09-28-10, 6:24 pm
A few years? How so brother?

We got two chapters in England...
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11558
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19910

Or is it that ya just don't feel you're ready for it? Like I said before, ABCs are inclusive. Everyone is welcome...

Ahh, I'll check those threads out. Might reduce the waiting time a bit. Thought I'd have to save a bit of wedge for the travels as I'm going to have to to get to The Cage.

Not ready for it?! I'd break myself tomorrow in just the same way as I'll break myself in 10 years' time.

Either way, I'm going to get broke. No amount of prep will prepare me for breakage.

Sprint
09-28-10, 6:37 pm
Posted on both those threads, much appreciated U-Rep.

Shukin
09-28-10, 7:18 pm
First off let me say i like the shirts, I like the Idea of the shirts, I like this Forvm, and it's brother/sister hood.....
I am all for earning a shirt but what does that actually mean? By benching 500 lbs, by being the most "balls to the wall", by being 'hard core'? Who can decide who is 'hard core?' Attending an ABC should be a criteria for a T-shirt, no doubt, it is great bonus incentive to attend, however, if we start judging who is 'hard core' or not I believe we will be moving away from the original principal behind the ABC. Look, we all know in life, you can chose your friends not your family (unless of course you believe you chose your parents before you were born), so I caution putting too high a bar out there for people. The greatest thing about the ABC, from what I understand, is it gives us average shukins a chance to train with people we met in the Forvm, who may have similar goals or not, and work out together, hopefully learn something and develop deeper bonds, and become more of a FAMILY. Maybe I missed the point of the ABC, if I have than ignore what I say, please. But hey look, if I saw I guy in a gym by himself, with an Animal, Universal, or ABC T on and checking his face book between sets I would hope that I wouldn't say "he is not an Animal!" Rather I hope it would be the signal I need to approach him and ask if he wants to work out together. Animals are stronger in pak-s (pun intended).
I attended a ABC here in Japan, there were just 3 or us, but I assure the 3 became stronger than the 1. Shirt or no shirt, I learned more in that day in and out of the gym than I had in years....and I made new friends, and became more motivated. I was by no means at the same level with the weights as the other two guys, but that didn't matter to them one bit, that for me, was the beautiful part of my experience.

Thank you all,
Shukin

Cellardweller
09-28-10, 8:35 pm
I haven't been to an ABC event yet, and I'd prefer the shirt to only be given out at an ABC. I'd want to earn it. I'd be that much prouder to wear it that way. Pointing and clicking isn't how to earn shit.

Sprint
09-28-10, 8:47 pm
First off let me say i like the shirts, I like the Idea of the shirts, I like this Forvm, and it's brother/sister hood.....
I am all for earning a shirt but what does that actually mean? By benching 500 lbs, by being the most "balls to the wall", by being 'hard core'? Who can decide who is 'hard core?' Attending an ABC should be a criteria for a T-shirt, no doubt, it is great bonus incentive to attend, however, if we start judging who is 'hard core' or not I believe we will be moving away from the original principal behind the ABC. Look, we all know in life, you can chose your friends not your family (unless of course you believe you chose your parents before you were born), so I caution putting too high a bar out there for people. The greatest thing about the ABC, from what I understand, is it gives us average shukins a chance to train with people we met in the Forvm, who may have similar goals or not, and work out together, hopefully learn something and develop deeper bonds, and become more of a FAMILY. Maybe I missed the point of the ABC, if I have than ignore what I say, please. But hey look, if I saw I guy in a gym by himself, with an Animal, Universal, or ABC T on and checking his face book between sets I would hope that I wouldn't say "he is not an Animal!" Rather I hope it would be the signal I need to approach him and ask if he wants to work out together. Animals are stronger in pak-s (pun intended).
I attended a ABC here in Japan, there were just 3 or us, but I assure the 3 became stronger than the 1. Shirt or no shirt, I learned more in that day in and out of the gym than I had in years....and I made new friends, and became more motivated. I was by no means at the same level with the weights as the other two guys, but that didn't matter to them one bit, that for me, was the beautiful part of my experience.

Thank you all,
Shukin

I hear what you're saying bro. My comment about the dude on his phone between sets was referring to the people you get in every gym who have a half-assed workout, grab themselves a sandwich from the gym counter, go home & throw all the latest miracle supps down their necks & assume that everybody who makes any sorts of gains is taking something "questionable" in order to protect themselves from the truth that they aren't putting in the effort required to achieve notable progress.

I quite agree that you can't define "hardcore" as such.

I think the whole idea of earning a shirt is not so much a case of saying "I train harder than you", but more of being given a chance to show that you understand & respect the Animal culture.

Maybe I should've used a different example. If the shirts were to go on general release, then you'd have the bench-hoggers I mentioned wearing them, but also gym-goers such like the guys who walk around with ILS (Imaginary Lat Syndrome) not putting their shit away & giving either dirty or smirking looks if they see a young lad just starting on his own Journey who's struggling his ass off to bench 60lbs.

Let's be honest, we've seen them in every gym. I for one wouldn't like to see those kinds of people in an ABC shirt or any Animal gear, because it would give a false idea of what Animal is about.
Whilst nothing is stopping those people attending an ABC & getting a shirt, at the very least it'd give them an insight into what Animal is all about & maybe make them think twice about trying to stare down the kid hitting a personal best 60lbs, & maybe make him consider giving the kid a spot & trying to help him on his way to 65lbs.

Picture the scene, where somebody is wearing their ABC shirt and gets asked about it, & because they've just gone out & bought it, all they can say is "Animal is a supplement company. Hardcore stuff, loads of little packets of pills."

Or they can say "I got it at an ABC event, where a load of like-minded folk get together, train together, eat together & share knowledge, experience & advice. The next event is at such-and-such location & time."

The Animal culture begins to spread further & further, being driven by people who fully understand what it represents.

Apologies for the essay, just felt the need to clarify my previous comment as it seems to have lost something in translation somewhere down the line.

Shukin
09-28-10, 8:55 pm
Hey Sprint I wasn't by no means attacking what you said, I hear every bit of what you say, I know you understand, maybe more than me. I am just in the spirit of helping a brother out, sorry to use what you had said as an example, it is one that often comes up...

Hope we are on the same page.

Peace,
Shukin

J-Dawg
09-28-10, 9:54 pm

Great post ghost. I quoted a condensed version b/c I think these highlight the spirit of where you're coming from. I love the quote at the end--You want the shirt, earn it. Says a lot about life right there and I know you approach it that way.

smoothballer
09-28-10, 10:05 pm

Ghost you said it perfectly. I had the privilege of being welcomed by you and the Chicago crew to join the madness on the power rack and it was one of the most intense and beautifully painful training sessions I have ever had. I made the trip up from Cleveland to Detroit and it was like I walked into a group of friends instantly. I never once felt out of place. I got yelled at and smacked on the back by Rob just like I had been training with the crew for years. I even hit a few PRs on the day which just fueled my fire! I now try to make every ABC I can get to and work my ass off at each one making more and more Animal brothers that instantly become friends. An ABC is like nothing anyone can describe, it must be experienced and that being said it is only right that in order to represent the ABC shirt you must experience it first hand.

ghost
09-28-10, 10:27 pm
Great post ghost. I quoted a condensed version b/c I think these highlight the spirit of where you're coming from. I love the quote at the end--You want the shirt, earn it. Says a lot about life right there and I know you approach it that way.
You know me better than most on here J, as i TRY to make it a point to talk to ya daily, but yeah, i definitely live my life with those sorts of ideals. You want something, get it.

Ghost you said it perfectly. I had the privilege of being welcomed by you and the Chicago crew to join the madness on the power rack and it was one of the most intense and beautifully painful training sessions I have ever had. I made the trip up from Cleveland to Detroit and it was like I walked into a group of friends instantly. I never once felt out of place. I got yelled at and smacked on the back by Rob just like I had been training with the crew for years. I even hit a few PRs on the day which just fueled my fire! I now try to make every ABC I can get to and work my ass off at each one making more and more Animal brothers that instantly become friends. An ABC is like nothing anyone can describe, it must be experienced and that being said it is only right that in order to represent the ABC shirt you must experience it first hand.

You were/are a part of the crew brother. You never once told me, "no way can i do that." all i ever heard from you was, "Shit, ill try it." to me, you were an instant member.

if you arent going to try, you have already failed.
Keep it up

Shukin
09-28-10, 10:32 pm
Keep it up

I like that, can I use that?

shukin

ghost
09-28-10, 10:34 pm
I like that, can I use that?

shukin

you bet brother.

smoothballer
09-28-10, 10:43 pm
You were/are a part of the crew brother. You never once told me, "no way can i do that." all i ever heard from you was, "Shit, ill try it." to me, you were an instant member.

Keep it up

Appreciate it brother. You know I am an Animal for life now. Just let me know the next ABC up there and I will be there.

Love the quote!

metfan
09-28-10, 11:04 pm
Still waiting to hit my 1st ABC event, missed out on the last one in Ontario due to being away.

I like the thought of "earning" an ABC T as opposed to just being readily available to the general public. Something about that bond and sharing blood & sweat together means a whole lot more to most than just grabbing a T, yet never having attended an event or plan to attend.

ABC T's should not be a novelty item IMO.

Blondie Weapon X
09-29-10, 7:57 am

thanks ghost!! I loved this last part best! It really hit home on something so simple as a tshirt!
I was more focused on the words of an ABC and the advertising part, but you said it all in this last paragraph!!! Thanks for putting this in a better light!!!
You're awesome - dude :)

ghost
09-29-10, 8:21 am
thanks ghost!! I loved this last part best! It really hit home on something so simple as a tshirt!
I was more focused on the words of an ABC and the advertising part, but you said it all in this last paragraph!!! Thanks for putting this in a better light!!!
You're awesome - dude :)

always glad to help motivate :)

Nix0r
09-29-10, 9:45 am
always glad to help motivate :)

Didn't even have to threaten to stab anyone... I'm impressed.

ghost
09-29-10, 9:48 am
Didn't even have to threaten to stab anyone... I'm impressed.

the day is young...........................................

Nix0r
09-29-10, 9:51 am
the day is young...........................................

Don't remind me... that's just gonna make me think my work day will be longer than it actually is.

Sprint
09-29-10, 11:19 am
Hey Sprint I wasn't by no means attacking what you said, I hear every bit of what you say, I know you understand, maybe more than me. I am just in the spirit of helping a brother out, sorry to use what you had said as an example, it is one that often comes up...

Hope we are on the same page.

Peace,
Shukin

Yeah no worries bro. Im all up for helping anybody out, as long as they're willing to help themselves along the way. Too many just expect everything to drop in their lap, & whe it doesn't, they cast a suspicious eye over folk making good, honest progress.

Anyway, we're beginning to veer off topic here (Or I am, at least)

We're both definitely on the same page.

PIJW
09-29-10, 11:39 am
Ghost im not going to quote it again, but very well written. Making me want to take a business trip to Detroit just to get to workout with you guys. But making the shirt ABC only would be awesome. That being said HOLABOLA get back to KC and set one up, and lets get the ball rolling out here in the midwest again.

ghost
09-29-10, 11:43 am
Ghost im not going to quote it again, but very well written. Making me want to take a business trip to Detroit just to get to workout with you guys. But making the shirt ABC only would be awesome. That being said HOLABOLA get back to KC and set one up, and lets get the ball rolling out here in the midwest again.

i appreciate that brother, i really do.

that being said, we are looking to set up another multi-state abc here in detroit.. you are all MORE than welcome .

PIJW
09-29-10, 11:47 am
i appreciate that brother, i really do.

that being said, we are looking to set up another multi-state abc here in detroit.. you are all MORE than welcome .

now i got to look at my work and see where they need people to go, and then i have to try to get approved for it. I just wish we had more that would attend in KC area as large as this area is. The last one i attended before Hola had to leave with military was only a few people, but now you got me looking.

ghost
09-29-10, 11:51 am
now i got to look at my work and see where they need people to go, and then i have to try to get approved for it. I just wish we had more that would attend in KC area as large as this area is. The last one i attended before Hola had to leave with military was only a few people, but now you got me looking.

if i could make it out there to help with set ups for a couple days, i would brother.

Universal Rep
09-29-10, 1:17 pm

Thank you all,
Shukin

I think by "earning it", the fellas are talking about something more general like actually attending an ABC event. No one here would judge fellas by saying that to earn one you have to be "hardcore", whatever that means... The ABCs are inclusive. Everyone is welcome.

Sprint
09-29-10, 1:23 pm
I think by "earning it", the fellas are talking about something more general like actually attending an ABC event. No one here would judge fellas by saying that to earn one you have to be "hardcore", whatever that means... The ABCs are inclusive. Everyone is welcome.

Yup, what I was getting at. Only worded several times better.

PIJW
09-29-10, 2:22 pm
if i could make it out there to help with set ups for a couple days, i would brother.

I know you and a few others that would as well.

kryptiq
09-29-10, 3:14 pm
I know you and a few others that would as well.

My older cousin's wife is having a baby some time in the next 6 months and they live in KC. So if I'm heading out there I'll let you know man maybe we can hit the gym together.

PIJW
09-29-10, 3:17 pm
My older cousin's wife is having a baby some time in the next 6 months and they live in KC. So if I'm heading out there I'll let you know man maybe we can hit the gym together.

sounds good, give me a close date and ill try to again to put one together.

Beach91
09-29-10, 3:51 pm
That's one idea, brother. I'm guessin' you'll have 100+ at the National ABC in C-Bus...

I suppose you could create a special code for 'em and only ABC Coordinators would know about 'em. Then, they could give you the code so that you could buy one in The Shop? I dunno.

I think the ABC shirts should be kept the biggest LE item of the Animal line, I agree with the idea above of the ABC coordinators having control over the shirts, if they were to sell em through the shop an ABC coordinator would have to give the go ahead on it. As well, selling them or handing them out at ABC events would be the best way to go, that way they are earned, I picked one up at the Vegas ABC and they are very cool T's

I think if u just sell them in the shop to everyone, they aren't earned.

If someone contributes to the forvm quite a bit and doesnt have an ABC in there area, then I think they too should be eligible for shirt but it would have to be agreed upon by the Animal site's moderators

One thing I noticed, all the LE hats and shirts sold out at the Cage with the yellow iconic.

Of all of them sold though, it would be interesting to see how many of those that bought the LE gear actually showed up at the ABC on Sunday to support the Animal movment or signed up on the Forvm? Itd be cool to see if Corporate has any way of measuring that

Universal Rep
09-29-10, 4:08 pm
I think the ABC shirts should be kept the biggest LE item of the Animal line, I agree with the idea above of the ABC coordinators having control over the shirts, if they were to sell em through the shop an ABC coordinator would have to give the go ahead on it. As well, selling them or handing them out at ABC events would be the best way to go, that way they are earned, I picked one up at the Vegas ABC and they are very cool T's

If someone contributes to the forvm quite a bit and doesnt have an ABC in there area, then I think they too should be eligible for shirt but it would have to be agreed upon by the Animal site's moderators

One thing I noticed, all the LE hats and shirts sold out at the Cage with the yellow iconic.

Of all of them sold though, it would be interesting to see how many of those that bought the LE gear actually showed up at the ABC on Sunday to support the Animal movment or signed up on the Forvm? Itd be cool to see if Corporate has any way of measuring that

Hard to say, but yeah, the yellow and red Iconic Ts are very popular...

Sprint
09-29-10, 6:26 pm

Fully agree.

Shukin
09-29-10, 8:03 pm

Good point, agreed.

Shukin

Biggie973
09-29-10, 8:44 pm
I like Evan's new shirt as well

metfan
09-29-10, 9:13 pm
From reading all the replies, it is cool to see we all agree that the shirt needs to be earned as opposed to just doled out to just anyone.

Great spirit and excellent feedback.

Shukin
09-29-10, 9:59 pm
The ABCs are inclusive. Everyone is welcome.

Right on!
Respect,
Shukin

naturalguy
09-30-10, 4:58 am
I like Evan's new shirt as well

That shirt is sweet

Flash419
09-30-10, 1:18 pm
That shirt is sweet

And... when will or where will that shirt be made available?

Universal Rep
09-30-10, 1:55 pm
And... when will or where will that shirt be made available?

... Arnold 2011? Discuss.

kryptiq
09-30-10, 2:08 pm
... Arnold 2011? Discuss.

>=) *ticket purchased*

Enforcer
09-30-10, 2:16 pm
I NEED to pick up one of these shirts ASAP. And btw NG you def. look bigger then the House in that picture of the two of you....ahahahhahah

Universal Rep
10-01-10, 5:39 pm
>=) *ticket purchased*

For you, Roadtrip. Then at the National ABC Event, ya can score an ABC T.

kryptiq
10-01-10, 10:42 pm
For you, Roadtrip. Then at the National ABC Event, ya can score an ABC T.

Sounds like one hell of a plan, trying to convince some of the cheapo's around here to come along for the awesome ride.

MetalHeart
11-28-10, 1:03 am
Well, what about the Animal fans that don't have an ABC in their country? If we here at Saudi had an ABC I'd attend every single one, first one in, last one out man.

ghost
11-28-10, 2:13 pm
Well, what about the Animal fans that don't have an ABC in their country? If we here at Saudi had an ABC I'd attend every single one, first one in, last one out man.

Start one. :)

MetalHeart
11-28-10, 3:45 pm
Start one. :)

Already in progress my friend. I'm speaking with the coordinator of the gym I'm currently training in. And he likes the idea of having an Animal Barbell Club in the gym. told him to sign up in the forvm.

Mr. Dead
02-02-11, 2:46 pm
Uhm... Did we ever go anywhere, with this...??? Or, is it all still up in the air...???

Razor
02-02-11, 8:13 pm
Are we selling these shirts at the Arnold? Need a few of 'em. Hell i think the whole chicago crew needs a couple!

deanna7272
02-02-11, 8:32 pm
I was wondering also... I thought I was behind the times when I saw the "O" crew with them...lol

Definite WANT!!

Beach91
02-02-11, 9:15 pm
The biggest ABC to date, i think those shirts would be mandatory, no?

Razor
02-02-11, 9:50 pm
The biggest ABC to date, i think those shirts would be mandatory, no?

Well i know you know this by now, but i'm sure there's a shitload of surprises yet to come....the fun just escalates from here and doesn't end until we all get back from Cbus....

Mr. Dead
02-03-11, 12:48 pm
I've seen the one Higa Monster has... And, I was fortunate enough to get one of the LE ones from the Special Cleveland ABC... But... I'd really love to get my hands on one of these...

Mr. Dead
02-11-11, 3:42 pm
Bueller...???

Blondie Weapon X
02-11-11, 5:13 pm
Im still in for this!!

Enforcer
02-12-11, 2:46 pm
I still need to get myself one of these shirts, def. have to have one by the time the National ABC on Saturday rolls around

Mr. Dead
02-15-11, 12:00 pm
*Would REALLY like to know the status of this shirt...*

Blondie Weapon X
02-15-11, 9:46 pm
*Would REALLY like to know the status of this shirt...*

Ditto for me too!!

RedlegDbell
02-15-11, 11:45 pm

Here's G rocking his.

Counting myself very lucky. I have both of these ABC shirts now. I got the one House is rockin in Cleveland last September and NG's this weekend in Columbus. The lesson here is everyone wanting both of these Ts needs to move to Ohio. It is after all "Animal Country"

smoothballer
02-16-11, 8:22 am
Counting myself very lucky. I have both of these ABC shirts now. I got the one House is rockin in Cleveland last September and NG's this weekend in Columbus. The lesson here is everyone wanting both of these Ts needs to move to Ohio. It is after all "Animal Country"

Got both as well. Both are freaking awesome!!!

Razor
02-21-11, 9:21 am
Any word if these are coming with ya guys to be sold at the Cage? Or is there another way these will be distributed???

Mr. Dead
02-21-11, 2:02 pm
Any word if these are coming with ya guys to be sold at the Cage? Or is there another way these will be distributed???

x2...

Thunder Chicken
02-23-11, 12:15 pm
Got both as well. Both are freaking awesome!!!

i am lucky 2 i got both as well! both are awesome!

Big C
02-23-11, 12:43 pm
i am lucky 2 i got both as well! both are awesome!

What "other" shirt do u guys speak of? I got the one from the Regional ABC in Cleveland ....

B Con
02-23-11, 1:45 pm
What "other" shirt do u guys speak of? I got the one from the Regional ABC in Cleveland ....

It's the one Aggression has... it has something like "Come At Me Bro" on it or something like that...

Thunder Chicken
02-23-11, 2:44 pm

i am talking about the other ABC shirt, it doesn't have Erik on it. they all had it at the Olympia, here is a picture of it
http://i51.tinypic.com/1zcd28k.jpg

Mr. Dead
02-24-11, 3:42 pm
*Still waiting to hear on the availability of these...*

smoothballer
02-24-11, 3:53 pm
*Still waiting to hear on the availability of these...*

I hear banned people don't get them... :)

Mr. Dead
02-24-11, 4:13 pm
I hear banned people don't get them... :)

Then it's a good thing I have one of the LE ones...

smoothballer
02-24-11, 4:18 pm
Then it's a good thing I have one of the LE ones...

Um, I just saw the Bulletin that banned users have to return those to Corporate immediately or face further punishment. I believe becoming a Pinata is next on the list of punishments...

Mr. Dead
02-24-11, 4:21 pm
Um, I just saw the Bulletin that banned users have to return those to Corporate immediately or face further punishment. I believe becoming a Pinata is next on the list of punishments...

It would have to go into their museum of Animal Artifacts... It's been "Well Used"... And, to be a pinata, one would have to be at the Cage... And... I believe that you will be there... So... Let me make some calls, and you can be the pinata...

smoothballer
02-24-11, 4:24 pm
It would have to go into their museum of Animal Artifacts... It's been "Well Used"... And, to be a pinata, one would have to be at the Cage... And... I believe that you will be there... So... Let me make some calls, and you can be the pinata...

We all know that there is only one Cage Pinata and although he will be missed this year, the accolade will be saved until he can make his triumphant return to the Cage.

Mr. Dead
02-24-11, 4:29 pm
We all know that there is only one Cage Pinata and although he will be missed this year, the accolade will be saved until he can make his triumphant return to the Cage.

*LOL* Thanks... However... I'll probably be a bit busy, as 2 people have already challenged me to eating duels...

smoothballer
02-24-11, 4:32 pm
*LOL* Thanks... However... I'll probably be a bit busy, as 2 people have already challenged me to eating duels...

You can do it all. When the Pinata breaks something has to hit the floor....hahahahaha!

Mr. Dead
02-24-11, 4:35 pm
You can do it all. When the Pinata breaks something has to hit the floor....hahahahaha!

Well, then I could hit the Thurmanator afterwards, then... *LOL*

smoothballer
02-24-11, 4:37 pm
Well, then I could hit the Thurmanator afterwards, then... *LOL*

LMAO...

Thunder Chicken
02-26-11, 10:10 am
if they ever make another one, it should have G and Wrath eating a Cinnabon and say "eat big train big" lol