PDA

View Full Version : The Rev's Pilgrimage to Olympia 2010

rev8ball
09-29-10, 3:19 pm
It has been several days since the Cage left Sin City. As the city tries to return to what is considered “normal” for this town, I have spent the time trying to catch up with the ton of work that piled up for the last week.

It all started the Monday before. I decided to drive down to Cali along with two fellow Animals, including Baroness, to hang with the Animal Road Show. I met up with my brother, Rhino Joe, and sister in law in Corona, and we drove down to Venice. The fog and 30 degree drop in temp really freaked me out, but, when I got to the Gold’s, that all fell to the way side. We met up with NG, GD, VG, Rage, and Wrath from Corp, and a few other Animals that decided to make the trip. What a blast – I worked out in the Mecca! We then walked over to the Firehouse for dinner. I crashed at my brother’s for the night, and headed back to LV the next morning.

Thursday came, and I met up with the bros from Corp once again in the expo hall to help set up with the booth. After a few hours, I headed off to the airport to pick up Ghost. We got back to the expo just in time for me to squeeze me, Ghost, J-dawg, NG, NickW, Big All, and GD all in to my poor Ford Explorer. The rear suspension will never be the same. That night, Ghost, Baroness, me, and a few other friends went to Metro Pizza. We ordered a huge antipasto, along with a stuffed pizza, which is basically two pizza crusts on top of each other, filled with sausage, pepperoni, and mushrooms, and topped with a meat sauce. Yummy. Went to Half Shell and hung out on the balcony with a great view of the LV valley lights. Unfortunately, had to listen to Karaoke; Ghost prevents me from throwing a table at the singers…

Friday morning came, and the insanity at the Cage started instantly. Great seminars, people from all over coming in just to say “Hi,” and hanging with the Animals once again. Even got to shoot the shit for a bit with the greatest pound-for-pound powerlifter in history, Ed Coan. Later in the afternoon, worked with Rage on an HRT seminar, and it was a total success, especially getting to torture, er, I mean, demonstrating on a few innocents. Close up shop, and head home. Went to dinner at Cadillac Ranch with Ghost, Baroness, Rhino Joe, and a few other Animals, and stuffed ourselves silly. Hung out at Town Square afterwards, and caused general mayhem.

Woke up Saturday morning and headed to the Las Vegas Athletic Club with Ghost for a morning workout. Met up with Beach91 and got some lifting in. Off to the Cage. Though it may be hard to believe, it was even more insane than the day before. The expo was absolutely packed and mobbed! First thing in the morning, we ran out of LE Cage shirts and hats, and Animal Paks quickly followed. You couldn’t even move in the Cage, it was always so packed. Closed up shop, helped with the booth tear-down, dropped off Beach91 at Planet Hollywood, and headed home. Went to Texas de Brazil Brazilian Steakhouse with Ghost, Baroness, Rhino Joe, and we ate for, seriously, THREE HOURS. Oh shit, I O.D’d on meat…. Is that possible? Nah…. Went to the famous Welcome to Las Vegas sign and took our pics, and headed back to Town Center; even did a horse and carriage ride – a new way to cause trouble.

Sunday, we headed to Gold’s for the ABC. Did some cleans with Higa Monster as he did snatches. Then, I got to coach my nephew on cleans, and proper squatting technique. Got some pics, and headed off to breakfast at Blueberry Hill. Our waiters were awesome, even with that monster group. I had a stuffed omelet, whole grain pancakes, milk, and stole a few of VG’s breakfast sausages. Said our good byes, and headed home. Took Ghost out to Lake Las Vegas before dropping him off at the airport.

Check out all of the pics for the week at the link below:
http://s1035.photobucket.com/albums/a436/ISSAConline/Olympia%202010/

I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone at Universal for taking care of us, and making the week a great success. I haven’t worked a Cage since the last time it was here in Sin City, and I totally appreciate the opportunity that Universal gave me to do so once again.

If anyone ever needs anything here in Vegas, I am at your disposal. Let me know how I can help.

Thanks again to everyone for such a memorable week!

NickW
09-29-10, 9:41 pm
Before I left vegas I filed sexual assault charges against your Explorer, you should be getting the paperwork soon!

PIJW
09-29-10, 10:01 pm
great story and pictures rev.

Seriously next time i am out there, gonna look ya up for some lifting.

metfan
09-29-10, 10:22 pm
Cool write up and awesome pics man.

Glad you had an amazing time during the O.

rev8ball
09-29-10, 11:19 pm
Before I left vegas I filed sexual assault charges against your Explorer, you should be getting the paperwork soon!

Two words, Nick:

Speed bump

NickW
09-30-10, 3:15 am
Two words, Nick:

Speed bump

lol!

It was great getting to meet you and talk to you in the cage!

rev8ball
09-30-10, 11:02 am
lol!

It was great getting to meet you and talk to you in the cage!

Dittos. Looking forward to working with you again. If you ever make back this way, let me know.....