PDA

View Full Version : Almost Winter

MRmichael.hooker
09-29-10, 6:54 pm
Hey bros, just spreading some excitement. Summer is over, just gotta get through Fall. Winter... 4am... walking through the gym parking lot. So dark out all you can see is your own breath. Cold as fuck, rocking the Animal Hoodie, Beanie, and Sweats. No soccer moms in the gym, no douchebags in white beaters with 20" arms and 18" quads. The plates and bars are freezing to the touch. I can barely contain myself!! I might not be as good with words as some of the bros are on here, but I tried to spread my feelings lol. I just am so pumped about it!

Nick101
09-29-10, 8:51 pm
haha hell yea dude! fucking love the winter man. on top of all that great stuff u said theres also snow and snowboarding! cant fuckin wait for the snow mannnn

metfan
09-29-10, 8:59 pm
I hear you bro.

Love the feeling of the cold iron while I am sweating out reps. Also find it is less busy in the gym as people don't want to go out in the cold.

Makes for an easier gym session when you are not waiting forever for a station, while others do a set of 2 every 10 minutes.

RENFRO
09-29-10, 9:32 pm
Love that thought bro, sick post thanks for that

eclipsegsx102
09-29-10, 9:51 pm
Nothing like being the only person on the road in a blizzard driving to the gym and then when you get there.... you got the whole gym to yourself. Those are the best days when you know you have more determination and drive then everyone else in your town. Oh and Bulking season is always fun lol

MRmichael.hooker
09-29-10, 10:09 pm
Nothing like being the only person on the road in a blizzard driving to the gym and then when you get there.... you got the whole gym to yourself. Those are the best days when you know you have more determination and drive then everyone else in your town. Oh and Bulking season is always fun lol

ya but try living in N.C. Seriously, 1" of snow, schools and banks and everything is canceled. Its great lol. Too bad ill still be cutting though. At least i'll be shredded while everyone else is putting back on the lbs lol

D-Kev
09-30-10, 2:16 am
Great words...You Painted a great and familiar picture in my mind.

I like winter, but lets' not rush fall\autumn...Weather is good, grilling is still easy and good,
fall clothes are cool, don't have to fight the snow etc to hit a training session...don't have to worry bout gym closings...

IronWilson
09-30-10, 10:03 am
The only bad thing about winter is the New Years Resolution crowd. And it seems like they have just recently gone away in the fall.

Aggression
09-30-10, 10:08 am
Hey bros, just spreading some excitement. Summer is over, just gotta get through Fall. Winter... 4am... walking through the gym parking lot. So dark out all you can see is your own breath. Cold as fuck, rocking the Animal Hoodie, Beanie, and Sweats. No soccer moms in the gym, no douchebags in white beaters with 20" arms and 18" quads. The plates and bars are freezing to the touch.

YES

intoodeep25
09-30-10, 12:50 pm
i wait all year for winter. i freakin love it. granted it kinda sucks i dont really get to enjoy it, i live in florida :(

chiapeteater
10-06-10, 12:33 am
Winter and skiing is what I live for and why I am trying to work out and get back into shape again. I cannot stand summer and the heat and humidity that come with it. Give me a cold crisp winter morning, a pair of freshly waxed DH ski's and a race in Kitzbuhel Austria called the Hahnenkamm and I am a happy camper. ( I was never in the actual race but did get to forerun the course 24 years ago).

Loomis
10-06-10, 12:07 pm
I’m looking forward to the cold, upstate ny in winter is a truly a force of nature!

Jay
10-06-10, 4:51 pm
Well put dude. Especially about soccer moms and those DAMN show offs in the wife beaters. Its nearly dead in the gym during winter. Its like they all take a break from the gym.
Until the new years resolutions kick in. January gets busy for about 3 weeks until they all realize they cant hack it, or my favorite :
""I DONT HAVE TIME"" (for the gym)

zHazzarD
10-06-10, 9:35 pm
I immediatly LOLed when i saw the guy with the wife beater with 20 inch arms and the 18 inch quads. LMAO

Topher
10-06-10, 9:43 pm
^^^^yea me too thats just too familiar!!!

MRmichael.hooker
10-06-10, 9:58 pm
I immediatly LOLed when i saw the guy with the wife beater with 20 inch arms and the 18 inch quads. LMAO

haha nice

AntoineV
10-06-10, 10:37 pm
Winter in canada is like a giant white ghost that haunts you for over 6 months with blizzard like weather. This is when you see the true weightlifters get out of their warm homes to step outside at minus 40 weather to go lift heavy weights. Man it takes like 15 minutes to warm up the inside of the car so you don't get frost bite driving... but it takes 10 minutes to go to the gym.

Winter has always been a love and hate situation for me.

MELTDOWN
10-06-10, 11:25 pm
Hey bros, just spreading some excitement. Summer is over, just gotta get through Fall. Winter... 4am... walking through the gym parking lot. So dark out all you can see is your own breath. Cold as fuck, rocking the Animal Hoodie, Beanie, and Sweats. No soccer moms in the gym, no douchebags in white beaters with 20" arms and 18" quads. The plates and bars are freezing to the touch. I can barely contain myself!! I might not be as good with words as some of the bros are on here, but I tried to spread my feelings lol. I just am so pumped about it!

Good post and, for me, it's the second "surge" for good training. First is usually in April, just after all the 90 day trail memberships run out and the New Years Revolution crowds clear out. Reminds me alot of the training videos with Wrath...showing up alone, hitting the lights, and getting your work done.

Aggression
10-07-10, 8:39 am
Rocked my Animal Beanie on the way to work today. Wasn't TOTALLY necessary, but it was the first time I've rocked it this season. It was a brisk 55 degrees and I loved it. There's something about winter time that just feels good. I pulled into the gas station before work. Walked inside to get my usual; liter bottle of water and a coffee. Walked back to my car and just took it all in. niCe.

MR.TeachFreak
10-07-10, 8:51 am
For me winter has gotta be about the bulking season. Perfect way to get swole and not worry about anything. Cause hey, its more insulation. And I second the NC winters. It can snow for 1 hour at 12am and they will cancel school and you can watch it be like 80 degrees with no snow the next day. Or it snow 3+ inches and everyone stills trys to drive even though they don't know how to drive on snow.

But still its the bulking season for me that winter brings. Gotta get soem extra insulation since I won't be using my apartments heat all that much to save some $$.

MRmichael.hooker
10-07-10, 11:00 am
Rocked my Animal Beanie on the way to work today. Wasn't TOTALLY necessary, but it was the first time I've rocked it this season. It was a brisk 55 degrees and I loved it. There's something about winter time that just feels good. I pulled into the gas station before work. Walked inside to get my usual; liter bottle of water and a coffee. Walked back to my car and just took it all in. niCe.

not just nice, verry nice. I tricked my wife last night into i need a new jacket "wow, the one on animalpak.com is under $50, and it will last a long time too" lol. I do think the animal dvds are about the single greatest advertising EVER! everyone wants that feeling, the showin up to the gym, cold as fuck outside, covered in animal gear, flippin on the lights and flippin on the intensity (and now, there is Agent O for flippin on the intensity.. everythings complete lol)

MRmichael.hooker
10-07-10, 11:02 am
For me winter has gotta be about the bulking season. Perfect way to get swole and not worry about anything. Cause hey, its more insulation. And I second the NC winters. It can snow for 1 hour at 12am and they will cancel school and you can watch it be like 80 degrees with no snow the next day. Or it snow 3+ inches and everyone stills trys to drive even though they don't know how to drive on snow.

But still its the bulking season for me that winter brings. Gotta get soem extra insulation since I won't be using my apartments heat all that much to save some $$.

I was in Indy in feb. this year, and NC had a lil over 1" on the ground, my sis had no school. Indy had a lil over 14" on the ground, everything was running like it was spring time lol. And I love bulking during winter too, but this year it fell that ill be cutting all through winter, so guess i'll be that one guy in the gym rockin the 6 pak or better lol

MR.TeachFreak
10-07-10, 8:00 pm
I was in Indy in feb. this year, and NC had a lil over 1" on the ground, my sis had no school. Indy had a lil over 14" on the ground, everything was running like it was spring time lol. And I love bulking during winter too, but this year it fell that ill be cutting all through winter, so guess i'll be that one guy in the gym rockin the 6 pak or better lol

The main thing with NC is most the state just doesn't have any snow stuff for trucks. My city on the beach would attach plows to garbage trucks just in case. But if we get a hurricane now NC will wait until the very last minute to cancel school. I remember having a half day when a hurricane was supposed to hit that evening.

With you on the cutting in winter. Much as I want to continue bulking up over winter I think I am gonna cut down this time and then restart. I may not be rockin a 6 pack in the gym but I will be there as the only guy losing weight in the winter in my gym.

RaLVeK
10-08-10, 6:29 am
this year has been so cruel to me...school and work, having to skip meals for lack of time and sleep...going thru my days starving and in a bad mood...loss of too much size... it too hot down here in tx to bulk during summer...ive been waiting for this season for sooo long... just reading yalls messages has me salivating...im fantasizing bout leg day with carbs in me...euphoric