PDA

View Full Version : HIGA MONSTER Featured In "Seattle Times"

J-Dawg
09-29-10, 8:36 pm
Animal's very own, HIGA MONSTER, was just featured in the Seattle Times yesterday (his local state newspaper). The article showcases his strongman exploits as well as his warehouse where he trains--which is packed with an awesome array of strongman equipment and weights. The report for the Times, also took a cool video and a bunch of great pics of HIGA:

Article w/ video: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013005288_strongman27m.html
Link to the pics: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2012998246/

Way to represent HIGA. We're proud of you brother.

HIGA MONSTER
09-29-10, 10:48 pm
You know whats so funny??

Some of my clients had read my email with those forwarded links, and they were like, "Cool! Grant is in the paper!"
Then they went downstairs to Starbucks to order a drink and while in line, they see my picture on the newspaper and they were like "Holy shit, he is on the front page!"

I love the last 2 pictures of me and my youngest daughter.
She is like my oldest girl...its normal for her to be around the Warehouse while I am working out so that I don't have to place her in daycare for that day.

Flipping tires doesn't scare my daughters cause they are around that type of shit all the time with me, and I LOVE IT. Makes me stronger.

Thanks alot J-Dawg,
HIGA MONSTER

NJC_Manhattan
09-29-10, 11:04 pm
quote of the video "who needs a bench press when I can pick up cars" thats no joke right there

Mr. Dead
09-29-10, 11:12 pm
Great stuff, there, Higa!!!

HIGA MONSTER
09-29-10, 11:14 pm
quote of the video "who needs a bench press when I can pick up cars" thats no joke right there

Great stuff, there, Higa!!!

Haha! Thanks guys! Much love!

HIGA

rev8ball
09-29-10, 11:26 pm
Sweet stuff, G. Major congrats!

Beach91
09-29-10, 11:34 pm
Right on! Congrats Higa, was a pleasure meeting you my man , like I said I love the videos of the lifts they help kick my ass into gear and motivate me for my gym sessions. Watchin you do those log lifts in the cage was crazy man, congratulations on the Seattle times article! Your lifts and feats of strength are what Animals all about!

HIGA MONSTER
09-30-10, 12:16 am
Right on! Congrats Higa, was a pleasure meeting you my man , like I said I love the videos of the lifts they help kick my ass into gear and motivate me for my gym sessions. Watchin you do those log lifts in the cage was crazy man, congratulations on the Seattle times article! Your lifts and feats of strength are what Animals all about!

Bro, it was awesome to meet you too.
If I ever make it to Manitoba, we will have to hook up.

I know a few guys that are Strongman competitors that live in Manitoba, so it would be cool to check out the prarie one day.

Later,
HIGA

dannynb
09-30-10, 6:55 am
Awesome stuff Higa....being a dad, I love the stuff you said about your girls. I love it when my kiddos come hangout with me at the gym. Being a trainer they have grown up in and around gyms. Actually have a pic of my daughter at the age of 2 deadlifting a package of huggies, funniest damn thing I've ever seen. Strongman has always been an interest of mine but out here not much of it to participate in or train for. Keep at it brother!!

Universal Repstress
09-30-10, 9:07 am
You are awesome Higa, in so many ways, as an athlete, a person and as an Animal family member.

Shukin
09-30-10, 9:12 am
Again, much respect,

Shukin

HIGA MONSTER
09-30-10, 9:32 am
Awesome stuff Higa....being a dad, I love the stuff you said about your girls. I love it when my kiddos come hangout with me at the gym. Being a trainer they have grown up in and around gyms. Actually have a pic of my daughter at the age of 2 deadlifting a package of huggies, funniest damn thing I've ever seen. Strongman has always been an interest of mine but out here not much of it to participate in or train for. Keep at it brother!!
The best thing in the world is hearing your kids cheer you on. When that happened for the first time, I understood how cool it was to be a parent. :)

You are awesome Higa, in so many ways, as an athlete, a person and as an Animal family member.
I am humbled, but honored. Thank you.

Again, much respect,

Shukin
Arigato my friend. Can't wait to see you again so we can train.

HIGA MONSTER

Aggression
09-30-10, 9:43 am
Props, big guy. Getting the attention you definitely deserve.

C.Coronato
09-30-10, 9:56 am
Couldnt happen to a better dude! Big Exposure brother, congrats!!

dannynb
09-30-10, 10:49 am
The best thing in the world is hearing your kids cheer you on. When that happened for the first time, I understood how cool it was to be a parent. :)

HIGA MONSTER

I agree. Out of all the shows I have done the one that stands out the most is the first time my kids got to see me compete and looking out in the audience and seeing them and hearing them cheer....better than any placing or trophy.

Razor
09-30-10, 12:16 pm
CONGRATS Bro!! That's HUGE Higa! Very awesome stuff indeed.

Mr. Dead
09-30-10, 12:29 pm
Hey, Higa... Where's my autographed copy...???

wedge
09-30-10, 12:41 pm
Good read brotha. Nice photos too.

Shukin
09-30-10, 7:54 pm
Photos 1 and 3 should be Animal posters!!!!!!
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2012998246/1.html
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/photogalleries/localnews2012998246/3.html

What do You say!

Respect,
Shukin