PDA

View Full Version : "No-Bake" Bulker's Bar

Zieben
09-29-10, 10:06 pm
Bulking is tedious, period. Having to consume massive amounts of clean calories all day long, stuffing yourself to the brim, you get tired. As you grind through piles of rice, pounds of chicken, cuts of steak and more, your desires rise...your stomach - and sweet tooth - begin to roar. But, you're bulking. You tell yourself, "Keep it clean man, sugar and bad fats are just going to set you that far back.".

After hearing about- and ordering- Universal's new "Pro & Oats", I thought of one thing: Mom's "No-Bakes". I spent some time in the kitchen and came up with this - it's the bulker's take on my Mother's "No-Bake Cookie" recipe. It's got plenty of healthy fats, complex carbs and protein. Here's the kicker - minimal sugar. And it tastes just like the real thing, if not better.

So, here's to the bulker - the champion of foods, the slayer of the heaping plate.

Bulker's Bar:

1 cup Skim Milk
4 Tablespoons Butter
¾ cup Stevia
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
3 ½ cups rolled oats
1 scoop Universal Nutrition’s “Pro & Oats”
½ cup reduced fat peanut butter
1-teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Instructions: (Approximately 10 (more or less) minutes prep & cook time combined)

Mix milk, butter, stevia and cocoa together in a pot.
Heat on a stovetop on medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
Allow mixture to boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
Add in the 1-scoop of Universal Nutrition’s “Pro & Oats”. Stir.
Add in the 1-teaspoon of vanilla extract. Stir.
Add in the 3 ½ cups of rolled oats. Mix.
Add in the ½ cup peanut butter. Mix.

Place mixture into a pan immediately. (Preferably a 8''x6'' pan for a heartier bar.)
Refrigerate for approximately 1 1/2 hour, or until firm.
Cut into (6) 4''x2'' bars, wrap individually for travel convenience.

Here's the facts:

Batch Nutrition:
1,995 Calories
104.9g Fat
29.05g Saturated Fat
29.5g Polyunsaturated
39.5g Monounsaturated
181.5g Carbohydrates
35g Fiber
30.5g Sugar
1,185mg Sodium
43mg Cholesterol
415mg Potassium
82.5g Protein

Per 1 bar serving (6 – 4’’x2’’ bars)
332.5 Calories
17.48g Fat
4.84g Saturated Fat
4.91g Polyunsaturated
6.58g Monounsaturated
30.25g Carbohydrates
5.83g Fiber
5.08g Sugar
197.5mg Sodium
7.16mg Cholesterol
69.1mg Potassium
13.75g Protein

(Approximately a "1.27/2.2/1" fat/carb/protein ratio - for those of you who like ratios.)

Ingredient Notes:
Butter - I used a vegan butter to help cut down on the saturated fats and up the mono- & poly-unsaturated fats. You may use what you prefer.

Peanut Butter - I used a reduced fat natural peanut butter. Any peanut butter will work, whatever suits you! (Chunky, creamy, natural, anything.)

Experiment, add, remove, tweak as you see fit.

Great for a quick breakfast, to go along with a shake, or in between meals to keep the calories up and the hunger down.

Enjoy brothers.