PDA

View Full Version : Running while taking animal pump? Safe?

davidmacrina
09-29-10, 10:17 pm
can i run a mile before and after my workout? my current stack is pak, pump, nitro and omega. just dont want my heart to explode haha

Aggression
09-30-10, 8:55 am
You should be fine bro.

Sprint
09-30-10, 9:00 am
I've always avoided taking pump products before a track session.

With the more intense sprinting sessions we do, getting pumped can have a slightly adverse effect as the session goes on.

That said, you're mentioning more of a longer run. A couple of guys at my gym have taken pump products before going on what most people call a "run" (i.e. a mile or more. For me, a "run" tends to not last more than a cuple hundred metres, hence me name)

Anyway, them people say the products help them during the run in terms of energy levels & helping them run further for longer.

As far as cardio running goes, I've pretty much only heard positive things from using a pump alongside.

JGraham
09-30-10, 10:29 am
I have used pump/stak together on sprints, hiit, and 5 mile runs with nothing but positive results.

Sprint
10-01-10, 7:46 am
I have used pump/stak together on sprints, hiit, and 5 mile runs with nothing but positive results.

Interesting. As ever, different strokes for different folks.

Mauricio
10-01-10, 6:02 pm
you use up your glycogen before hitting the gym? are your lifts going up every 1-2 weeks, are you seeing consistent progress on your strength and muscle gains?

davidmacrina
10-01-10, 7:40 pm
im just starting my first stack and i was gonna run 2 miles 1 before 1 after but i dont want my heart to like explode cuz pump makes your heart beat faster doesnt it? but as for consistent gains, yeah i havent started yet i was just wondering if running was safe cuz im still kinda chubby after my cuts cycle this month where all i did was run 2 miles and do abs and legs and that went pretty well i lost 10lb of body fat on animal cuts.

JGraham
10-01-10, 9:08 pm
Wait I overlooked that part where you're going to run a mile before you lift. You don't have to take my advice but search these forums or any reliable lifting site and you'll see that cardio before lifting is a bad idea unless your focus is cardio and not weight training.

I'm not a pro but from reading and personal experience I've found that:

1) Cardio before a lift will hurt your lifting pretty bad.
2) Running should be based on time, not distance, and the most effective running for your time is HIIT.
3) If you're going to run at a steady pace, go to Runner's World or a similar website and look up some guidelines for the amount of time you should run. I think 45 minutes is the goal for steady state cardio, be it running or an exercise machine.

As far as the stack goes, pump won't make your heart explode. It gives good, steady, long term energy without giving you the jitters or causing a crash.

Sprint
10-02-10, 3:49 pm
As above. Run after lifting if you're looking for fat loss.