PDA

View Full Version : Hotels, Restaurants, Things To Do...

Universal Rep
09-30-10, 12:12 pm
Post up your advice, suggestions, recommendations here. We're countin' on feedback from fellas familiar with the C-Bus area and those who have been to the Arnold in the past. Help out the newbs...

C.Coronato
09-30-10, 2:56 pm
Mongolian Grille. Been to the Arnold 2x, and alls i hear is about this grille. I STILL havent been there yet.

J-Dawg
09-30-10, 3:01 pm
Mongolian Grille. Been to the Arnold 2x, and alls i hear is about this grille. I STILL havent been there yet.

You gotta hit that up CC. After a hard day of work and training, it definitely hits the spot. All you can eat w/ a big variety of choices for protein, carbs, veggies, etc.

Mr. Dead
09-30-10, 3:02 pm

I didn't get to go there, last year, since I was in prep... I feel your pain...

PIJW
09-30-10, 3:06 pm

Ill hit it up with ya, love me some mongolian grille.

mritter3
09-30-10, 3:41 pm
hell yah the mongolian bbq is the shit...great food, there is obviously night life in columbus..but the expo and the abc are always insane.

Big D
09-30-10, 3:49 pm

THAT.. is heaven on earth

T. Kemble
10-01-10, 12:39 am
yeah Mongolian grill is where all the 'in' crowd eats haha. We waited an hour for a table i believe but it was worth it.

D-NUTZ
10-05-10, 8:31 am
mongolian grille. Been to the arnold 2x, and alls i hear is about this grille. I still havent been there yet.

go!...... Now!

eiaronson
11-09-10, 3:15 pm
Fist timer here. Can anyone suggest some Hotels to stay at?

FITGYM
11-11-10, 3:19 pm
*Need a list of Hotels at the convention so I can book my room...Any help from a few locals is appreciated. I wanna be right there.

Universal Rep
11-11-10, 3:21 pm
*Need a list of Hotels at the convention so I can book my room...Any help from a few locals is appreciated. I wanna be right there.

You'd better hurry... Many of the companies book their rooms for the following year when they are there.

FITGYM
11-11-10, 3:33 pm
You'd better hurry... Many of the companies book their rooms for the following year when they are there.

I know I know....but I can always stay at my cousins who live in the Pittsburgh area and Columbus area....

FITGYM
11-14-10, 12:39 pm
So where is everyone staying at????? I wanna book by thanksgiving......

PIJW
12-01-10, 5:12 pm

Agreed, getting ready to book flights need to know some good hotel choices

workhard2121
12-04-10, 10:39 pm
I will be booking this week, right by metro fitness!

Also since its the offseason and Im going with a group of friends we were going to hit the clubs up and have a drink or two, any recommedations? And mang grill here we come! Gotta love the offseason!

Phil800101
12-06-10, 11:27 am

You gotta hit that up CC. After a hard day of work and training, it definitely hits the spot. All you can eat w/ a big variety of choices for protein, carbs, veggies, etc.

hell yah the mongolian bbq is the shit...great food, there is obviously night life in columbus..but the expo and the abc are always insane.

THAT.. is heaven on earth

Love that place.

Fist timer here. Can anyone suggest some Hotels to stay at?

Chicago crew is going to be staying out where we usually stay, Hilliard-Rome Road exit off of I-70, about 10 minutes West of downtown. We'll be at the Comfort Suites. Alot of restaurants and a 24-hour Meijer right there, plus at our hotel the hot tub stays open until midnight...definitely feels good after a hard session at Metro Fitness.

C.Coronato
12-06-10, 11:37 am
Coming up fast fellas!!

Enforcer
12-22-10, 12:03 pm
That mongolain style resturant that is a few blocks away from the gym was the shit last year, hope to hit it up again this year

Nix0r
12-29-10, 3:36 pm
Chicago crew went to BD's every single day last year except for the last day of the Expo.

I don't plan on that changing.

Imjorman
12-29-10, 4:01 pm
I'm from C'bus so if any of yall have any questions, hit me up. Best place to eat right across the street from convention center: Japanese Steak House. Absolutely delicious; expensive, yeah, but totally worth it. Heck, your traveling anyway, might as well live it up!

Phil800101
12-31-10, 2:12 am
Chicago crew went to BD's every single day last year except for the last day of the Expo.

I don't plan on that changing.

Agreed!

Nix0r
01-02-11, 11:12 pm
Agreed!

Let's also make sure we go there *after* we lift instead of *before.*

Things almost got ugly last year :P

deanna7272
01-07-11, 4:50 pm
BD's Mongo BBQ is a must... I think they FEAR us, as does Max & Erma's...lol

The hotel that I have stayed at the for the past couple years has changed names a few times, but always comes through for me. I have even booked upon checking out for the following year (lol)... I'm thinking it's the Comfort Inn now... It's a mile away and is about (with traffic) a $6 cab ride... Totally worth it, since I rode around for 25 minutes looking for a parking place blocks away from the Expo... The number for the hotel is 614-228-6511

Hope it helps...

Loomis
01-08-11, 11:12 am
my wife and I are going this year and were really looking forward to seeing some of the site and eating at some great locla places.

conjugalburns
01-08-11, 11:20 am
I'm thinking i'm going to have to drive back and fourth each day, it's only about an hour and a half though

Nix0r
01-12-11, 3:16 pm
Shit just got serious; Rob booked a room at the same hotel as us Chicago boys.

Aw snap.

smoothballer
01-12-11, 3:21 pm

Aw snap.

The hotel has no idea what's in store for them...

deanna7272
01-12-11, 3:31 pm

Aw snap.

Question is.... Are you guys READY for Rob???? ;)

Nix0r
01-12-11, 3:35 pm

I've spent a weekend up at his place, dug trenches, and put up a fence with him.

I would say so.

Mr. Dead
01-12-11, 3:53 pm

Aw snap.

I've spent a weekend up at his place, dug trenches, and put up a fence with him.

I would say so.

Now I REALLY wish I was goin'... Had a blast, hangin' with him, last year...

Phil800101
01-13-11, 3:31 am

Aw snap.

Oh shit...this is going to be good!

Nope.

Lol, sure.

Wish you were going Deadman, you will be missed!

ghost
01-13-11, 9:39 am

Aw snap.
heeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllll yeah

no, they truly dont. as i come with a george foreman, rice cooker, and a cooler.

are you D?

I would say so.
fuck yeah man. and the eifel tower called too. haha.

Deadman, you are awesome and it was so much fun hanging out with you, and having matt give us TERRIBLE directions on the way to the 5minute drive to the airport that took 3 hrs. and the strip club. haha

Oh shit...this is going to be good!

Nope.

Lol, sure.

Wish you were going Deadman, you will be missed!

good fucking times.

Mr. Dead
01-13-11, 10:59 am
Deadman, you are awesome and it was so much fun hanging out with you, and having matt give us TERRIBLE directions on the way to the 5minute drive to the airport that took 3 hrs. and the strip club. haha

good fucking times.

Aside, from my snoring, and "the boot"... *LOL*

HIGA MONSTER
01-13-11, 11:15 am
no, they truly dont. as i come with a george foreman, rice cooker, a cooler and a huge bottle of K-Y Lube.
Fixed.

ghost
01-13-11, 11:17 am
Fixed.

you askin me on a date? lmfao.

HIGA MONSTER
01-13-11, 11:23 am
you askin me on a date? lmfao.
No, I just feel sorry for whoever is "rooming" with you...

HIGA MONSTER

ghost
01-13-11, 11:24 am
No, I just feel sorry for whoever is "rooming" with you...

HIGA MONSTER

i thought you were rooming with me. in the same bed baby.! btw, im a cuddler. lmfao

HIGA MONSTER
01-13-11, 11:30 am
i thought you were rooming with me. in the same bed baby.! btw, im a cuddler. lmfao
Logging off the site now...

Mr. Dead
01-13-11, 11:49 am

Logging off the site now...

See what happens, when "Don't ask... Don't tell" got repealed...??? *LOL*

deanna7272
01-13-11, 4:32 pm
are you D?

Can anyone EVER be???

ghost
01-14-11, 9:40 pm
can anyone ever be???

muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

B Con
01-18-11, 6:46 pm
For those looking for a BIG delicious burger, I'd recommend going to THURMAN'S (featured on Man v Food) and trying to take on the THURMANTOR (this burger was designed for the Arnold Classic weekend crowd).

Here's their site... it's a small hole in the wall but definitely worth the trip.
http://www.thethurmancafe.com/

deanna7272
01-18-11, 8:05 pm
For those looking for a BIG delicious burger, I'd recommend going to THURMAN'S (featured on Man v Food) and trying to take on the THURMANTOR (this burger was designed for the Arnold Classic weekend crowd).

Here's their site... it's a small hole in the wall but definitely worth the trip.
http://www.thethurmancafe.com/

Make sure you call ahead of time though, there was like a 2+ HOUR wait last year....

B Con
01-18-11, 9:00 pm
Make sure you call ahead of time though, there was like a 2+ HOUR wait last year....

It was well worth it after I had that burger....

FITGYM
01-18-11, 11:39 pm
I heard there is more places to eat and shop if you stay about 10 miles out and the highway drops you off in the back of the convention and the rooms are cheaper. I'm finding deals right now for under 250 with air and hotel.

as for that burger.....I'd crush it. I'm already on Shula's site for the 48oz'r. I treat myself every year on my birthday to one of these.

Phil800101
01-19-11, 2:14 am
I heard there is more places to eat and shop if you stay about 10 miles out and the highway drops you off in the back of the convention and the rooms are cheaper. I'm finding deals right now for under 250 with air and hotel.

as for that burger.....I'd crush it. I'm already on Shula's site for the 48oz'r. I treat myself every year on my birthday to one of these.

Yeah, we always stay about ten miles West of downtown, right off of I-70. Hilliard-Rome Road. Several hotels, 24-hour Meijer, and a bunch of other restaurants. About a 10-15 minute drive into downtown (very easy), and parking can be had for about $5/day, within ten minutes walking distance of the expo center.