PDA

View Full Version : eric fankhouser placing?

fawaz
10-01-10, 7:01 pm
can any one tell me where eric placed in the 2010 mr olympia.i cant find it.this guy prepared a realy long time and put in so much dedication,hard work and consistency.he deserves to be recognised in the bodybuilding world of the elites.so where the hell is he!!

SpankyC
10-01-10, 8:27 pm
can any one tell me where eric placed in the 2010 mr olympia.i cant find it.this guy prepared a realy long time and put in so much dedication,hard work and consistency.he deserves to be recognised in the bodybuilding world of the elites.so where the hell is he!!

well the olympia is really judged from the top 6....but the dude got last place.....I mean just being up on the Olympia stage is an honor!!! I too wish the olympia was somewhat judged on hard work, but sadly bodybuilding is judged by politics....

fawaz
10-01-10, 8:42 pm
well the olympia is really judged from the top 6....but the dude got last place.....I mean just being up on the Olympia stage is an honor!!! I too wish the olympia was somewhat judged on hard work, but sadly bodybuilding is judged by politics....

yes i agree with you that is should be judged on hard work.i think the judges admire the same bodybuilder year after year and dont give a chance for plenty more bodybuilders to taste the glory.

Pizzalamp
10-01-10, 10:39 pm
truth be told, i had house in the top 7.
u see other dudes w/ gyno in their chest, upper bodies that look like amateur competitors, and shady g4p activities that pay the bills
but we have the house w/ a solid clean family life
awesome upper body
and prob the best wheels in the game

maybe my perception is a bit biased because i am a diehard universal fan, but i feel it was b.s. the placing he got.

kryptiq
10-01-10, 10:55 pm
u see other dudes w/ gyno in their chest, upper bodies that look like amateur competitors, and shady g4p activities that pay the bills
awesome upper body

maybe my perception is a bit biased because i am a diehard universal fan, but i feel it was b.s. the placing he got.

I feel quite strongly that the Olympia in the past few years has been all about mass. It isn't about who is a muscular human being anymore, it's about who can look more like a giant than a person. I believe that should be a separate competition entirely. There needs to be something for mass monsters who don't care about what chemicals they consume and are solely looking to get bigger constantly. Then there is the Olympia, a competition which needs to be for the *best* body builder meaning these people are built and quite muscular but don't resemble anything monstrous.

Sorry for the rant but that's exactly how I feel... not saying Olympia should be all natural by any means, just saying Ronnie and Jay are way too huge. It just isn't normal looking anymore.

On topic: As for Erik "The House" he has been blessed with awesome genetics and as mentioned by everyone who has seen the man his wheels are beastly. If Erik can manage to thicken up his chest and just add a bit to his upper body overall I believe he is Mr. Olympia material for sure.

swoleberry
10-01-10, 11:31 pm
I feel quite strongly that the Olympia in the past few years has been all about mass. It isn't about who is a muscular human being anymore, it's about who can look more like a giant than a person. I believe that should be a separate competition entirely. There needs to be something for mass monsters who don't care about what chemicals they consume and are solely looking to get bigger constantly. Then there is the Olympia, a competition which needs to be for the *best* body builder meaning these people are built and quite muscular but don't resemble anything monstrous.

Sorry for the rant but that's exactly how I feel... not saying Olympia should be all natural by any means, just saying Ronnie and Jay are way too huge. It just isn't normal looking anymore.

On topic: As for Erik "The House" he has been blessed with awesome genetics and as mentioned by everyone who has seen the man his wheels are beastly. If Erik can manage to thicken up his chest and just add a bit to his upper body overall I believe he is Mr. Olympia material for sure.

I agree completely brother, the Olympia has really lost it's touch, I think it went down hill during Ronnie Coleman's days. Dorian Yates was the last of the real mr o's

MELTDOWN
10-02-10, 12:37 am
awesome upper body

Totally agree. Although I wasn't there but being totally unbiased and objective while looking at TONS of photos, big E deserved a much better placing. And I'm not blowing bubbles up corporate's or House's butt just because I've used UN, AP and SP for pushing 2 decades. Some more notable names came in looking flat, some flush, some bloated and a couple just looked like total moo poo versus not just House, but some other men there as well.
Erik embodies what we feel, how we live and what we stand for. Yeah, a better, more objective call out would've been in order and some brass and a nice check could help House out for day to day activities.
The "top three" can keep their trophies and their so called glory. Because, we, ladies and gents, can claim a more worthy prize, the privilege to call Erik Fankhouser our BROTHER.....
Carry On !!!

fawaz
10-02-10, 6:01 am
Totally agree. Although I wasn't there but being totally unbiased and objective while looking at TONS of photos, big E deserved a much better placing. And I'm not blowing bubbles up corporate's or House's butt just because I've used UN, AP and SP for pushing 2 decades. Some more notable names came in looking flat, some flush, some bloated and a couple just looked like total moo poo versus not just House, but some other men there as well.
Erik embodies what we feel, how we live and what we stand for. Yeah, a better, more objective call out would've been in order and some brass and a nice check could help House out for day to day activities.
The "top three" can keep their trophies and their so called glory. Because, we, ladies and gents, can claim a more worthy prize, the privilege to call Erik Fankhouser our BROTHER.....
Carry On !!!

i am a fan off all bodybuilders.
but what you wrote is very meaningfull and powerfull.thankyou

SpankyC
10-02-10, 8:14 pm

yeah man its sad, its all about money for the judges/companies, its all about using these ahtletes as puppets to use in advertising....

SpankyC
10-02-10, 8:16 pm
awesome upper body

top 7? once he thickens up his chest and back hel def be atleast top 15 or top 10, which is pretty good comparing with jay, phil , kai

Shukin
10-02-10, 10:02 pm
we, ladies and gents, can claim a more worthy prize, the privilege to call Erik Fankhouser our BROTHER.....
Carry On !!!

Nicely put!

Pizzalamp
10-02-10, 11:10 pm
top 7? once he thickens up his chest and back hel def be atleast top 15 or top 10, which is pretty good comparing with jay, phil , kai

top 7 for sure

his chest and back are fine imo

give him a few years and hell be beating the so called elite

its so sad though
jay looks like a fridge and has no personality
phil is as narrow as can be
kai has sex with grapefruits on internet videos

yet the house has a moral background, clean family life, works a job, and busts his ass day in and day out, yet is punished for being the new guy

hell have his day
and all the house fans that stuck by his side from day 1 will soon get the ultimate prize for team loyalty-believing in a top 7 olympia athlete

next year house just wait baby

SpankyC
10-02-10, 11:16 pm
top 7 for sure

his chest and back are fine imo

give him a few years and hell be beating the so called elite

its so sad though
jay looks like a fridge and has no personality
phil is as narrow as can be
kai has sex with grapefruits on internet videos

yet the house has a moral background, clean family life, works a job, and busts his ass day in and day out, yet is punished for being the new guy

hell have his day
and all the house fans that stuck by his side from day 1 will soon get the ultimate prize for team loyalty-believing in a top 7 olympia athlete

next year house just wait baby

yeah man i feel you! jay's physque is so unpleasing! the dude is real down to earth though, he gives back alot to the sport of bodybuilding, though i agree he doesnt have a personality like arnold tho!

phil is somewhat narrow, but the dude has cartoon muscle! should of been mr.o

kai is a freak, yea he has a crazy reputation with grapefruits, but alot of these bodybuilders have worser past's, its just we dont know them yet

wel see The House commited to his training for a year to bring up his chest and back and virtually made no progress, hes going to up the dosage on the "you know what" (truth)

I really hope to see The House improve, I mean imagine a huge chest and wide, flaring back on that frame?!!? Freak Show!!! The dude has the best shape in quads and calves id say in the whole industry, cant wait for next years O!

Big C
10-02-10, 11:25 pm
[QUOTE=SpankyC;1023092]wel see The House commited to his training for a year to bring up his chest and back and virtually made no progress, hes going to up the dosage on the "you know what" (truth)
[QUOTE]

So is that a fact or your opinion? Sounds like you're just trying to stir shit up.

SpankyC
10-02-10, 11:42 pm
[QUOTE=SpankyC;1023092]wel see The House commited to his training for a year to bring up his chest and back and virtually made no progress, hes going to up the dosage on the "you know what" (truth)
[QUOTE]

So is that a fact or your opinion? Sounds like you're just trying to stir shit up.

oh no no no No trouble here bro, sorry if it sounds like it, sometimes i get carried away....im a fan of The House!!!!!

Bard of Rage
10-03-10, 1:01 am
He didn't get last place so much as he didn't place with 7 people. They had the top 15 do their individual routines and the top 10 got places though the House didn't get to do his individual routine so he's in the last 7. Regardless he had a goal of competing at the Olympia and he did which very few people have he chance to attempt let alone do. He's one of the top 22 physiques on the planent now. Given some time I have now doubt he will be a very viable threat.

B. Rowe
10-03-10, 1:22 am
For all that claim Jay is bad for the sport, he has brought a different package to the stage year after year. Yes he is an absolute freak but you have to give him credit because bodybuilders are asked to change weak points every year and he does. His waist looks huge but it was actually an improvement. As far as him as a human, multiple people who have great ties in the industry have raved about how down to earth Jay is. He is a great ambassador for the sport. I do not have him as the winner in my mind but he is truly a legend.

Phil looked great, some said he looked narrow? He has a small waist, great wheels and calves that are high and proportional. His shoulders and arms are round and hard, he has a very wide and THICK back which makes his waist look smaller because he has a higher lat insertion and lastly his conditioning was phenomenal.

People are knocking Kai for what he does in her personal life or other bodybuilders doing g4p. Are they running for president or some other public office? I didnt know bodybuilders were held to such a high moral standard. These guys bust ass in the gym, eat a shit ton of food, and supplements are expensive so who are we to judge how they are able to afford the lifestyle. Are you knocking the stripper who is raising her child all by herself and would do anything to provide for him or her? Yes we want public figures to be held to the highest level but the world is filled with people that do much worse than any of these guys probably do.

Eric has GREAT potential, his legs have great mass and symetry, he could back off of his calve training a bit because you look for proportions between calve, neck, and arms and his calves are a little too large. His waist is out of this world and has great arms and shoulders. His weakest points are his pec which are just slightly under and to add a little width and thickness to his back but hell im fighting the same issues and its easier said then done. He, and all of us that have got to witness Eric making it to the Olympia stage should be very proud. He knows what he has to do and he is a very driven person on top of being a GREAT family man, and a great person. I wish Eric a long healthy happy off season and look forward to seeing what he brings to the table next year.

JasonG
10-03-10, 3:25 am
I think Phil looked incredible as did Jay. He has a big waist though... The House was honored by standing on stage side by side with the elite, becoming elite. I don't think you'd hear any negativity from House about his placing. He wasn't top ten plain and simple. I am a huge fan of House but there's no need to powder his nuts people. I have faith that he will get there.

BarbellManiac
10-03-10, 9:54 am
It's all stupid politics in the Olympia, I don't even care about who wins or loses anymore, The hardworkers like house are never given credit, while these huge dudes are the ones who get attention. In one documentary they were talking about, how the olympia is about, becoming a freak. People love freaks and stuff like that. Was bodybuilding ever a freakshow in the past? I thought it was suppose to be beautiful aesthetic bodies on the stage like Eric.

SpankyC
10-03-10, 3:16 pm
It's all stupid politics in the Olympia, I don't even care about who wins or loses anymore, The hardworkers like house are never given credit, while these huge dudes are the ones who get attention. In one documentary they were talking about, how the olympia is about, becoming a freak. People love freaks and stuff like that. Was bodybuilding ever a freakshow in the past? I thought it was suppose to be beautiful aesthetic bodies on the stage like Eric.

Yeah man I feel ya, but Jay,Phil, Kai, Dex are as hard working as Eric, I mean im sure all 22 competitors are hard working, but if your talking about hard working when it comes down to training? Man have you seen Kai train? Now thats instensity at its finest! I really do wish the more aesthetic bodybuilders would get credited more.

BarbellManiac
10-03-10, 3:50 pm
oh yeah, I kinda rephrased it wrong, the better term was beautiful body. These pros train like crazy, although their form isn't the best. But yes, all are hardworking.

B. Rowe
10-03-10, 4:03 pm
Yeah man I feel ya, but Jay,Phil, Kai, Dex are as hard working as Eric, I mean im sure all 22 competitors are hard working, but if your talking about hard working when it comes down to training? Man have you seen Kai train? Now thats intensity at its finest! I really do wish the more aesthetic bodybuilders would get credited more.

Things are starting to sway that direction, esp in the Amateur levels. I have a friend i compete with who is a mass freak, crazy conditioning and separation and vascularity but doesnt place well cus he just looks too freaky. Things well get better my sir, just takes people like you and I to voice our opinions and try to get the population to start leaning toward that type of look and things will change.

kryptiq
10-03-10, 8:59 pm
Things are starting to sway that direction, esp in the Amateur levels. I have a friend i compete with who is a mass freak, crazy conditioning and separation and vascularity but doesnt place well cus he just looks too freaky. Things well get better my sir, just takes people like you and I to voice our opinions and try to get the population to start leaning toward that type of look and things will change.

Hoping so, as for Jay, Kai, and all the others I don't judge them based on anything but how they come in to competitions and how hard they work. I am personally just very frustrated with mass monster type competitors even making it to the Olympia...it just isn't how the best body builders in the world should look. Every one of these guys works like a dog for mediocre profits unless you're #1, just sets me off when they literally throw away proportional already muscular forms to please judges.

Here's to hoping one day past Olympians, especially Arnold will speak out against this nonsense.

Sprint
10-03-10, 9:10 pm
Hoping so, as for Jay, Kai, and all the others I don't judge them based on anything but how they come in to competitions and how hard they work. I am personally just very frustrated with mass monster type competitors even making it to the Olympia...it just isn't how the best body builders in the world should look. Every one of these guys works like a dog for mediocre profits unless you're #1, just sets me off when they literally throw away proportional already muscular forms to please judges.

Here's to hoping one day past Olympians, especially Arnold will speak out against this nonsense.

Arnold already has, a few years ago.

He mentioned in an interview how he never trained with weights for his abs, as he didn't want them to 'fill out' as such, & just trained them for relatively high reps to maintain flat abs. He said he doesn't like the big, round abs of today's pros.

I think after Jay's reign is over (I've always been a fan of Jay's, & enjoy seeing the mass monsters, but still yearn for the return of the asthetic builds placing high) we'll see Phil usher in a new age.

Hopefully, in time, that'll also bring House better placings in the top shows & maybe land him a Sandow or two before he's done.

kryptiq
10-04-10, 12:04 am

He mentioned in an interview how he never trained with weights for his abs, as he didn't want them to 'fill out' as such, & just trained them for relatively high reps to maintain flat abs. He said he doesn't like the big, round abs of today's pros.

I think after Jay's reign is over (I've always been a fan of Jay's, & enjoy seeing the mass monsters, but still yearn for the return of the asthetic builds placing high) we'll see Phil usher in a new age.

Hopefully, in time, that'll also bring House better placings in the top shows & maybe land him a Sandow or two before he's done.

Indeed, and thanks for the info on that interview may have to dig that up. I too enjoy the mass monsters I just believe they need separate competitions since it's a different body type.

SpankyC
10-04-10, 1:42 am

Their guts arnt super wide and big because of weights....its the abuse that they do to themselves...

Sprint
10-04-10, 5:14 pm
Their guts arnt super wide and big because of weights....its the abuse that they do to themselves...

When you start making sweeping statements like that, you open yourself up to a world of shit. Thankfully Arnold has the intelligence not to open himself up to potential lawsuits regarding slander, & was simply giving his opinion on the physiques of today compared to those from his own era.
I believe it's called being diplomatic.

SpankyC
10-06-10, 1:17 pm
When you start making sweeping statements like that, you open yourself up to a world of shit. Thankfully Arnold has the intelligence not to open himself up to potential lawsuits regarding slander, & was simply giving his opinion on the physiques of today compared to those from his own era.
I believe it's called being diplomatic.

are you mad at me

Sprint
10-07-10, 6:52 am
are you mad at me

No dude, just don't want to see you getting slapped with an infraction.