PDA

View Full Version : question for carb cyclers

pushin weight
10-02-10, 8:38 am
Im in week 2 of my cutting diet and im cycling carbs.So far this is working well for me.My question is do most of you guys have carbs before you work out or do you try to get through the workout and then replentish them or do you have them pre and post workout.Thoughts?

pushin weight
10-02-10, 8:56 am
just to add a little info heres my current pre/post wo shakes

2 scoops whey/5 gr of creapure/1/2 cup raw oats/10-12 oz water,
i shake this and take it, i feel like if i blend the oats in my blender that my body can burn them quicker,so i hope by taking them whole like this that it makes for a slower digesting carb source.its a little hard to choke down at first but im used to it now.

BarbellManiac
10-02-10, 10:27 am
pre workout that shake looks fine, post I would say try something that digests faster like a banana in the blender, oats will digest slower.

For the carb question, it all depends on when you train, I would do it before my pre workout meal, so I would have enough glycogen stores to get me through the workout easily.

Also are you cutting? if not have carbs throughout the day.

pushin weight
10-02-10, 11:13 am
i am currently cutting...in week 2 of my diet.im just now getting my carb cycle in check and i was just wanting to make sure i get the most efficient use of the few carbs i do take in.

fawaz
10-02-10, 11:29 am
machine said keep it simple 75-125 grams of carbs a day.
intake before you train 25-50 grams of carbs then after you train 25-50 grams of carbs.then for breakfast have the 25 grams and your done.trust me when your training hard and diong allot of cardio with this much carbs then you will be burning large amounts of fat.i was a fat shit until i did this and now im ripped so trust me bro.and on days where you only have cardio keep carbs as low as you can prefrebly the 75-100 grams of carbs range.
to the pain! its gonna be hard.

pushin weight
10-02-10, 11:43 am
machine said keep it simple 75-125 grams of carbs a day.
intake before you train 25-50 grams of carbs then after you train 25-50 grams of carbs.then for breakfast have the 25 grams and your done.trust me when your training hard and diong allot of cardio with this much carbs then you will be burning large amounts of fat.i was a fat shit until i did this and now im ripped so trust me bro.and on days where you only have cardio keep carbs as low as you can prefrebly the 75-100 grams of carbs range.
to the pain! its gonna be hard.

Thats pretty much exactly how ive been doing it.It took me a few days to adjust but things are good. Hopefully my weigh in tomorrow morning will show it.Thanks for the advice guys.

BarbellManiac
10-02-10, 11:44 am
agree with the above post, but you do have to realize, what works for one won't work for another. So relying solely on the advice of a pro isn't the right way to go, The thing that separates the average from a pro is that the pros know how to listen to their body. It's experience + Instinct.

pushin weight
10-02-10, 11:46 am
agree with the above post, but you do have to realize, what works for one won't work for another. So relying solely on the advice of a pro isn't the right way to go, The thing that separates the average from a pro is that the pros know how to listen to their body. It's experience + Instinct.

Very true indeed