PDA

View Full Version : A new start as an Animal

Franco90
10-04-10, 11:38 am
Yo guys still pretty new to the Animal situation but I'm ready for a change. I'm fairly a small guy been in judo for almost 4 years now and I want to get bigger and stronger. I'm at 145 5'6... My goals are to at least to get to 155-160 by the end of this year. I do have school four days out the week and head to the job 2 days. So I've been going to the gym about 2-3 a week. My diet is embarrassing in my opinion I don't eat a lot but I'm here to get tips and helped out so my diet consists of

- Morning ( Shake made with whole apple, banana, scoop of whey, and cup of oatmeal and I really don't know how much skim/2% milk. Plus i have 2 raw eggs and my animalpak+ fish oil with 12oz of water) That's it for morning.

- Lunch ( White rice, black Beans and grilled chicken + Water bottled)
-3p.m. Lunch ( Bowl of broccoli, or veggies, + food consisting of beans/eggs/chicken= Water)

-Pre Work out ( Scoop of whey with Milk )
-After Work out ( 2 scoops of whey)

- Dinner (PbnJ, lots of organic peanut butter and light jam with glass of milk)

Sad to say but sometimes I don't have my lunch till like 3 and my whole schedule gets messed up. Also sometimes I take my animalpak with lunch. Other than that this is what my workout/diet looks like, what can I change or do to improve my journey?

mritter3
10-04-10, 11:46 am
welcome to the forum man....if your trying to put on some weight...u def. gotta add some calories to your diet....example...meal one--5 eggs, toast, oatmeal....meal 2..have the shake as a mid morning snack, meal 3--chicken with veggies, meal 4--chicken with veggies...pre workout shake...then post workout meal...then a shake before bed with some cottage cheese or something...as far as your schedule goes it sounds like your busy...so its important to plan ahead..cook your meals a week in advance...it saves a ton of time...and excuses, if your getting to the gym 2 to 3 times a week, make the most out of it..focus on your heavy compound movements...bench, deads, squats, OHP...and work some other exercises around those...heavy is the way to go though...keep your rep scheme around 6-8...mix it up from time to time and you will be on track man...best of luck to ya.

Franco90
10-04-10, 11:46 am
One more question what should I eat a lot of to gain mass?

mritter3
10-04-10, 11:49 am
One more question what should I eat a lot of to gain mass?

focus on whole foods and meals and throw in your shakes in between....chicken, eggs, beef, pasta, throw in some rice and veggies and your good to go...one thing i like to do is cook either a ton of chicken or beef, throw in some rice and veggies with them..and separate into individual containers for my weekly meals.

Franco90
10-04-10, 11:51 am
welcome to the forum man....if your trying to put on some weight...u def. gotta add some calories to your diet....example...meal one--5 eggs, toast, oatmeal....meal 2..have the shake as a mid morning snack, meal 3--chicken with veggies, meal 4--chicken with veggies...pre workout shake...then post workout meal...then a shake before bed with some cottage cheese or something...as far as your schedule goes it sounds like your busy...so its important to plan ahead..cook your meals a week in advance...it saves a ton of time...and excuses, if your getting to the gym 2 to 3 times a week, make the most out of it..focus on your heavy compound movements...bench, deads, squats, OHP...and work some other exercises around those...heavy is the way to go though...keep your rep scheme around 6-8...mix it up from time to time and you will be on track man...best of luck to ya.

Thanks, great and fast response. Yea busy schedule. I'm going to try and do my best, maan I thought I was eating a lot but now that I this its nothing compared to what I have to eat.

mritter3
10-04-10, 11:54 am
diet is by far the most difficult part...not sue why..but always seems to be my nemesis.