PDA

View Full Version : When to start OFF Season after 1st NPC show

NashoArms
10-04-10, 3:42 pm
Hey everyone I'm 19 yrs old and I just recently was in my first NPC teen bodybuilding show and placed 4th on Saturday the 2nd of October. I was wondering how much time I should take off before I get back to hitting the iron again? Thanks

Aggression
10-04-10, 3:50 pm
Congrats on your first show bro! That's a major accomplishment. And at 19, you're getting a solid jump start!

As far as when to get back, it all depends on you. After my first show, I took about a week off from the gym. I had my junk meal that Saturday night, had 2 junk meals on Sunday and then went back to clean eating, slowly adding in more food over time. I went back to the gym about a week later, again real nice and easy and increased the intensity over the next week or so.

T. Kemble
10-04-10, 3:57 pm
Awesome showing your first time out bro, congrats.

I'm a powerlifter I'm no expert by any means in coming back off a bodybuilding competition but I will tell ya to read your body and take advice from the seasoned vet's that are on this forum. You got a bright future bro keep at it.

TK

never_2_big
10-04-10, 5:05 pm
I've got my first national qualifier this weekend. The 3 weeks afterwards I have heaps of assessment due which has been pushed to the side for the last couple of weeks of my prep. So I'll be taking a 2-3 week break depending how long it takes me to carch up on my work. Maybe hit the gym once or twice a week but nothing too intense.

C.Coronato
10-04-10, 5:07 pm
Welcome my man. Thats awesome as they all have said. I like to take a full week off, enjoy your time, and get some good R and R. Eat some food, rebound a bit, then get back into it. I would wait a minimum of one week. Its not easy, but its necessary.

NashoArms
10-04-10, 9:08 pm
Thanks guys.

FOREVER+1000
11-03-10, 9:55 pm
hey man, im actually gonna compete in the npc southern states in 2011. any tips on what i should expect?