PDA

View Full Version : G's Reverse Perverse

Fearless Rabbit
10-04-10, 7:01 pm
In my quest to improve my delts, I tried many different routines, techniques and approaches. I usually make a shoulder workout layout, force it for couple of months, than switch things up a little bit. What I go for is intense soreness day after the workout - for me, a sign of a session well done.

Yesterday, time for change has come, again. Pondering about things I could do to mix my game, I remembered an article I read long time ago, about G`s methods for shocking that primal muscle group. Here`s a link for those who missed it:

http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=training&ID=454

So, what I did is take my regular routine, and turn it upside-down. I`ve hit the rear head first, than superset the middle, go on to fronts, and finished with an intense press. It looked something like this.

Bent-over dumbbell flyes: 6 sets, 12-7 reps
Standing lateral raises: 6 sets, 12 reps with heavier dumbbells, than 8 more with lighter ones
Standing front raises: 6 sets, 12-7 reps
Seated dumbbell overhead press: 6 sets, 12-5 reps

The result? I wouldnt be writing this if I could lift my arm without that beautiful pain today;)

I recommend this technique to anyone trying to shock their delts from time to time. I`ll be trying Tagalong next week. Thx G

rmt0512
10-05-10, 1:48 am
Excellent method. I use it on shoulder days as well. Also called pre-exhaustion training.