PDA

View Full Version : Leg Routine

russirish89
10-05-10, 1:02 am
I am recently coming off a back injury (I herniated a disk and recovered through PT no surgery). I am looking for a solid leg routine that will help gain mass and not put my back in too much peril. I am a little cautious about dead lifts and squats, although my hang cleans are almost back to where I was before the injury. any thoughts?

mm_tris
10-05-10, 2:04 am
there are some great articles on the training section of the animal site, check them out.
this one i used for a while and it sure as hell puts on mass if you train hard http://animalpak.com/html/article_details.cfm?section=training&ID=146

just take care with the lower back, no need to rush it.

mritter3
10-05-10, 8:55 pm
post injury routines are pretty individualized....but here is my suggestion...

leg extensions 2 sets of 10
hack or machine squats--2 x 10
leg curls--2 x 10
db lunges--2 x 10
leg press and calf work and your set man.

prowrestler
10-06-10, 3:59 am
I am recently coming off a back injury (I herniated a disk and recovered through PT no surgery). I am looking for a solid leg routine that will help gain mass and not put my back in too much peril. I am a little cautious about dead lifts and squats, although my hang cleans are almost back to where I was before the injury. any thoughts?

special bars if your gym has em, doubt they will though

front squats, single leg movements (less load on spine, still hard on legs).

i think you should enjoy some lunges right now.

GUNS
10-07-10, 2:57 pm
Short history of myself, broke vertabre, 2 herniated disc( s1/l5/l4), back sugery!

You can dead lift and squat and press! Trust me. Start out light. Deads you just have to go light and work your way up, I got back up to 405 for 8 or so and decided to put the deads at the end of the workout and I just go up to 315 for 6-8 now.

Squats, go ATG right off the bat with light weight to warm up your knees 2-3 sets. Just keep your back straight, looking up works good for me.

Warmup ATG squats lead into heavy presses. Alot easier on my back and can put up some decent weight. But you got to use your quads. Make them work.

If you can get on a good hack sled, I think it would be great for the thighs.

Extensions and curls are easy day. SLDL are a little more difficult but you can do them lighter and squeeze your hams and gluts.

Hope this helps. I Broke my back in 2001-2002(don't exactly know when), surgery in 2006, started back Aug 2009. I am stronger, bigger than I have ever been. My legs ARE growing. You can do it!