PDA

View Full Version : D-Aspartic Acid

desertman
10-07-10, 10:52 am
Ok I'm sure you guys have heard about how it raises testosterone, but I have some things for you to think about before you go out and start taking a handful. Number one: according to my research it is an excitotoxin. However in what amounts does it act as an excitotoxin? I cant find out. Because The brain actually needs it, but excess (which is definitely what is sold as test boosters) is bad for your brain. Another thing is I keep hearing is increases prolactin and NOBODY wants any more of that. So if anyone has any new info or research I would really appreciate it. If it can be done safely I am really interested.
some links:

http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/141/10/3862
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMDA

Littlefry
10-07-10, 1:33 pm
Yea, ive been reading up on it alot to lately. The information with the toxicity goes both ways. I read an intresting article stating the people who go out 2 nights a week and consume Alcohol are killing more brain cells than indviduals who would does DAA at 4-5gr a day. So its kind of like weighting you options here.

Until further research I would most likely stay away from this product, so far with neuro toxicity as a possible side effect I would rather take a pro-hormone or steriods befpre DAA. But, if the research become avaible and it proves DAA works and doesnt cause huge amount of neuro toxicity than by all means take it. Just like any supplement you have to be smart and safe when using it.

Big C
10-07-10, 1:50 pm
I'm currently taking DAA.

3 grams a day. I tried 6 a day but that caused headaches.

Why would it be more dangerous than a pro hormone? It's a natural amino acid.

Beach91
10-07-10, 2:07 pm
Subbed on your discussion, heard lots of good stuff on DAA it looks very promising, and i agree with Big C, its an amino so it is not as toxic or unsafe as a prohormone

mritter3
10-07-10, 2:16 pm
I also have been taking 3 grams of DAA for about a month now...no side effects that i have noticed thus far...feel stronger with less fatigue...so far so good

Big C
10-07-10, 2:16 pm
Subbed on your discussion, heard lots of good stuff on DAA it looks very promising, and i agree with Big C, its an amino so it is not as toxic or unsafe as a prohormone

Yeah I'm not saying there isn't "anything" unsafe about it....but from all accounts I've yet to read about any negative side effects other than anxiety - and that was with a bulk brand I am not using.

So far....increased muscle pumps, fullness, slightly elevated focus in the gym, good libido.

DAA should not be labeled as a testosterone booster either despite contrary belief. Most test boosters are bunk IMO.

Littlefry
10-07-10, 2:48 pm
Yeah I'm not saying there isn't "anything" unsafe about it....but from all accounts I've yet to read about any negative side effects other than anxiety - and that was with a bulk brand I am not using.

So far....increased muscle pumps, fullness, slightly elevated focus in the gym, good libido.

DAA should not be labeled as a testosterone booster either despite contrary belief. Most test boosters are bunk IMO.

No, Im not saying that it is as dangerous as AAS or a prohormone, and really if those are used safely I see nothing wrong with them either. Its just that there are alot of varying opinons out there on DAA with toxicity levels etc.... I would not consider it a test booster either with the miniscual level that it raises test by. I see it more as a creatine type product to help with muscle density and soreness.

Howitzer
10-07-10, 2:58 pm
Imma go out there and say stick to a mixed amino acid product like EAA stack or Beef Aminos and get a complete overall profile rather than ramping up individual consumption. We know what whole food does for us. Why try to break it down so far?

Respect

Howitzer

C.Coronato
10-07-10, 3:07 pm
I ran a DAA product for a bit. I actually did a free testosterone, test before and after as well. Im waiting on results, ill post when i get them.

mritter3
10-07-10, 3:10 pm
I ran a DAA product for a bit. I actually did a free testosterone, test before and after as well. Im waiting on results, ill post when i get them.

now that would be cool..i would be interested to know

Littlefry
10-07-10, 3:11 pm

Intresting. Would love to see the result when you get them Coronato.

smoothballer
10-07-10, 3:37 pm

Definitely interested in the results

IronWilson
10-07-10, 4:07 pm
I read Patrick Arnold's article on D-Aspartic Acid in Muscular Development. It explains how it works, but not in great detail.

Because I am not a medical expert, I just do not understand how an amino acid can signal your brain to produce more testosterone. Wouldn't it have been sold as a neurotransmitter drug if it did that?

Nevertheless, it is a product that I am keeping my eye on and hopefully will have answers about in the near future. It may have potential.

Big C
10-07-10, 4:32 pm
I read Patrick Arnold's article on D-Aspartic Acid in Muscular Development

That's whose product I am using right now. I trust Pat. The upgrade to his original DAA product is coming out soon, if it's not out already.

smoothballer
10-07-10, 4:37 pm
That's whose product I am using right now. I trust Pat. The upgrade to his original DAA product is coming out soon, if it's not out already.

The upgrade is released but it sells out basically the same day places restock.

desertman
10-08-10, 11:10 am
Thanks for the feedback guys. Great stuff. I think I'm gonna see how it works. I think if I run it I'll take it with some l-dopa (maybe stak) and some chrysin just to be sure about hormone bounce backs. What do you guys think? I'm just turning 21 in November but I have felt a benefit from stak, and if I can get a benefit from an amino I'll try it. I am still concerned about it's excitotoxic status. I even asked my doctor and apparently it acts like free form glutamate in the brain. Again I'm talking in way above normal amounts like you take in a supplement, and sometimes you don't feel negative side effects in real time. I stay away from MSG for example. Glutamate can come from protein in the body and the brain has glutamate receptors but the amount added to things like chips are detrimental to the brain over time.

desertman
10-08-10, 11:40 am
By the way, why was this moved, and I didn't name it D-Aspartic Acid is an excitotoxin, I just called it D-Aspartic Acid. That was not the point of this thread

Go Away
03-22-12, 9:41 pm

Bumping an old thread like a Goodwill shirt!

Did you ever unveil those test results my man?!