PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Speed during a routine

_Trainlikeafreak
10-07-10, 3:56 pm
So I did legs today and figured let me try to incorporate a really slow motion to static, hold it, then go back down slowly. I then wondered hey my muscles might get used to that so then I would do a normal paced rep. Then I did a much slower rep with a rest pause, and so on. Basically I was in the bathroom at the end of my workout gagging from nausea. I feel like this completely messes with your muscle memory because the mind thinks okay he/she is gonna go slow down and slow up but then you shock it and go up and down then repeat. I figured I'd post this and see if anyone thought it made sense and figured if it works for me to share it with everyone else.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

- Zach

SpankyC
10-07-10, 9:35 pm
Wellllll I guess it makes sense....but it kinda sounds like your overthinking things a bit too much? I mean worrying about rep speed shouldnt be your main concern. But I do see what your talking about, and looks like you had a tough leg day!

_Trainlikeafreak
10-08-10, 1:56 pm
haha yeah I feel like i'm over thinking it too. Today i feel like a penguin walking with an egg between my legs. I just had fun with that thought and was thinking about mind and muscle connection. I think of some weird stuff when I carb cycle lol.