PDA

View Full Version : Some Serious Questions...

Joe J
10-07-10, 5:01 pm
Hello animals, I've been around these forums a while but at the gym today I recieved some advice which kinda blew me away by a very large well defined guy, with a body that I would kill for.
He asked me what my goals were and what was diet was etc, and he told me that I should not be cutting or eating restricted calories at my age (17) and that I should be making the most of my high test levels by eating a very clean diet with lots of fruit and veg, and not getting high tech about it. He also said to just keep training heavy, and do some cardio twice a week.
To be honest, I would like to be bigger, but something tells me that I should keep cutting until I have clear abs, but I don't think I could get clear abs because I've never trained them hard whilst bulking properly.
Also, I read today that you shouldn't take glutamine and creatine post-workout as they cancel each other out in some way, I don't know whether to believe this, but if some light could be shed on this I would be grateful. Thanks.

The RZA
10-07-10, 5:07 pm
Honestly, what he said about the diet sounds exactly right to me, assuming you're not currently overweight.

Joe J
10-07-10, 5:13 pm
The RZA, love the Wu-Tang reference, seriously man, im so big on the wu.

Im about 12% bf, so i think i've got it all wrong so far, fuck, haha. I guess you learn from your mistakes, cheers man.

The RZA
10-07-10, 5:40 pm
I like what he said about eating clean. Also, be wary of the whole bulking concept. If you're gaining more than a couple of pounds per month, you are probably putting on some fat.

Chosen One
10-08-10, 3:05 am
Plenty of time for cutting and clearing out the abs later. Enjoy your youth, train hard eat right all that jazz.

JasonG
10-08-10, 3:42 am
How I interpret his message is make the most of your prime growing years and don't cut just to look good if you want to compete in bodybuilding. Get as big as you can until your first contest window (if that's what you want to do) then cut. Utilize cardio to keep bodyfat in check. If your 150 and want to weigh 200 eat like your 200, but do it clean.