PDA

View Full Version : can i have a good protein bar recipe??

JH34PG
10-09-10, 10:40 pm
high protein, low carbs and mod fats...

sick of wasting money on protein bars and want to try and make one myself that isnt too complicated

martinez43
10-09-10, 10:45 pm
This is a good one form universalusa
Ingredients:
• 2 cups of quick oats
• 1 cup of baking Splenda®
• 6 scoops of Just-WHEY, chocolate or vanilla
• 1 tablespoon baking soda
• 1/4 cup sugar free almond coffee syrup
• 16 egg whites
• 1/2 cup almond butter
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 1 cup ground apple)
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325°F. Mix first 4 dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Mix the syrup, eggs, almond butter and unsweetened applesauce in a separate mixing bowl until smooth. Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing constantly on low until completely blended. Spread ingredients evenly onto a cookie sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes.

C.Coronato
10-11-10, 9:46 am
Nice, someone reads my blog! Haha, thanks martinez!

kryptiq
10-11-10, 9:55 am
Nice, someone reads my blog! Haha, thanks martinez!

Looks delicious man gunna have to make a few batches when I stop by my house. Think they will survive a week or two if in the fridge? Don't really have the time to make small batches often myself.

C.Coronato
10-11-10, 10:13 am
Looks delicious man gunna have to make a few batches when I stop by my house. Think they will survive a week or two if in the fridge? Don't really have the time to make small batches often myself.

Id say maybe a week. There are no preservatives, obviously, which is the downside of making fresh stuff. The preservatives is what keeps anything on the shelf for years at a time.

kryptiq
10-11-10, 10:18 am
Id say maybe a week. There are no preservatives, obviously, which is the downside of making fresh stuff. The preservatives is what keeps anything on the shelf for years at a time.

Yea, alright I'll try and make some soon. If they're tasty it'll probably be a bi-weekly thing from now on, thanks again bro.

Zieben
10-11-10, 10:22 am

If you're looking to keep them around longer, you can usually purchase Sodium Benzoate & Potassium Sorbate for about $7/lb from most online retailers. Just make sure that the substance you are buying reads "FOR HUMAN USE", since there are other forms that are obviously not intended for consumption.

The usual ratio that I use (for sauces and such) is no more than 0.01% of the total formula.
Example: If a sauce batch was 100lbs, then no more than 1lb of preservatives would be used. (If using both Sodium Benzoate & Potassium Sorbate in this case, each would be .50 lbs)

Or, you can always google how to use it properly in baking, I'm just telling what I do for a sauce manufacturer that I work for does according to regulations.