PDA

View Full Version : is this too much

msktyshha
10-11-10, 8:04 pm
because of my busy schedule these days I can only workout 3 times a week. I am still on my 5/3/1 and 5x5 hybrid program which is working out great for me. I was doing my workout today and a personal trainer approached me and said I am doing too much and it will really tax my body hard. I don't know what he was talking about but I am really recovering well and progressing week after week and luckily still haven't stalled on my lifts. here's my routine

Monday
bench press 5/3/1
incline bench 5x5
military press 5/3/1
flyes 3x12
barbell curls 5x5
concentration curls 3x12

Tuesday
squats 5/3/1
leg presses 5x5
leg curls 3x12
extensions 3x12

wednesday off

Thursday
deadlifts 5/3/1
barbell rows 5x5
pulldowns 3x12
closegrip bench 5/3/1
dumbell extensions 5x5
pushdowns or kickbacks 3x12

hjayss
10-11-10, 8:30 pm
you know the saying diffrent strokes....for diffrent folks do what helps you get stronger in the gym...the only question would be how old are you.....

msktyshha
10-11-10, 10:29 pm
22 years old

Bayne
10-11-10, 11:10 pm
Your the only one who can judge what is too much. If your body is recovering well and your making honest progress, continue on. Granted you have a few years of experience in this and know your body enough to make that call.

etank
10-11-10, 11:26 pm
If your heading in the right direction, why change course?

If your improving where you want to improve and feel good everytime you hit the gym then keep pluggin away bro.

That amount of volume/intensity doesn't seem too much in my opininon.

msktyshha
10-12-10, 9:33 pm
after all my workouts I am pretty fatigued cause I am using 85-95% of my 1rep max in every workout. I use weights that are pretty heavy for me.... so using heavy weights almost every workout won't have any negative long term effects right?? or any internal damage sort of thing? Cause what that guy said is really bugging me

IcedAbz
10-12-10, 11:56 pm
I see nothing wrong with your workout, it's completely normal to feel trashed after some serious lifting but if you are recovering and your sayings its working great for you, go hard brother. Like that other bro said, different strokes for different folks. Although, i doubt you'll see steady increase is muscle mass if all your workouts from here on end are all 1RM, and 90% RM. After a while, you should flip it around, confuse your muscles to keep em growing.

Legacy
10-13-10, 12:02 am
I was doing my workout today and a personal trainer approached me and said I am doing too much and it will really tax my body hard. I don't know what he was talking about but I am really recovering well and progressing week after week and luckily still haven't stalled on my lifts. here's my routine

Next time the trainer comes over and says that to you, ask him what college he obtained his Master's Degree in Exercise Science from, and as you both sit in the awkward silence for a sec, tell him to fuck off and mind his own business.

Keep doing what your doing bro. If its working and your making progress keep on trucking.